Author Topic: Release- Empires (Demo Version)  (Read 4739 times)

Release- Empires (Demo Version)
Well better late than never. Here are the first 4 missions of a campaign I'm working on.

"Following Capella the GTVA collapsed. The Terrans split into a bunch of warring factions trying to establish themselves in the new age.
The Vasudans have retreated to the systems around Vasuda Prime. They want no part in a Terran War."

http://www.mediafire.com/?mhtmmmdnc3g

Feedback would be great, Thanks.
Current Projects A New Dawn and Empires

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Release- Empires (Demo Version)
This mod is, I am sorry to say, not error-free. While most of it is probably not basnyy's fault (Yay for outdated models!), it is not as stable as it could be.

basnyy: Check your PMs. I sent you a more detailed list of issues I found.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Yeah, thanks for the heads up, E. I'm going to take a look at it. I didn't play it on .12, so I'll take a look at the mod.

Hmmm, so it's like a repeat sortof of what happened after the great war? Interesting concept, though i must say I would have thought the terrans would've learned their lesson.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Hmmm, so it's like a repeat sortof of what happened after the great war? Interesting concept, though i must say I would have thought the terrans would've learned their lesson.

HISTORY REPEATING ITSELF? HOW UNEXPECTED (AND PROFOUND)!

:lol:
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
The nodemap is well... of interesting quality  :p
And the campaign is listed as 'unnamed' in the campaign room. Also, there are zero weapons in the loadout for the first mission.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
You need to do some work on the campaign file.  Add starting ships and weapons.  The first mission has the SOC wing in Herc 3's but they are not included in your mod.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

i threw that node map in there as an after thought. that was from when i was planning the campaign out so figured id let you guys see where i was coming from :). and im going to start from the ground up if not scrap the campaign to work on A New Dawn. All of the models I have are fairly old.

HISTORY REPEATING ITSELF? HOW UNEXPECTED (AND PROFOUND)!

:lol:

GOD. DAMMIT. >_<

Interesting idea but is there anywhere we can learn more of the background and factions involved?

Altair- Aldeberan Union- Player faction, alliance between the two systems, similar to GTVA governing body.
Trade Coalition- Led by rich elite. Has the most expensive ships but not that good at using them.
Malta Confederacy-
Commonwealth- Going to have a communist sort of government
Ribos Defense Force- originally a militia, now a militaristic dictatorship
Terran Remnants- Former GTVA 8th Fleet. Fighting a new NTF Rebellion. Governed by the commanding Admiral.
Hammer of Light-
PVE- reformed after the GTVA collapsed
SOC- Protects Delta Serpentis and Beta Aquilae. Last true GTVA faction
NTF-

Was thinking of setting it 50-100 years after the Second Great War, Terran economy and government has collapsed. Vasudans are isolationist. Various splinter factions have appeared and each is trying to conquer Terran space.

Looks fun.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
+50-100 years Great War era Fenrises and Leviathans still in service? That's irrational! It's so late post-capella. GTVA and other fractions should have a completly new technology, without any relics of FS1 and even the FS2 technology. In current technology, it should be 5-20 years after Capella.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Perhaps ship development stalled with the breakup of the GTVA?

Offline FelixJim

• User 11092
Perhaps ship development stalled with the breakup of the GTVA?
You'd still have modification to existing craft, and patching of ships. That would be easy to do without any modding experience.
In-Mission Techroom Script v0.4 - See information from the techroom in game
Simple Animation Script v0.2 - Make your own on-screen animations for FSO
Visible Waypoints Script - Makes waypoints visible in-game
Run From File Script - Get around the pesky 31 character limit for script-eval

Looking at Freespace 2, there are still FS1 era ships in widespread service. Even if the GTVA started to phase them out it would take a while. Plus the economic recession could have hindered the development process and moved it more towards trying to figure out how to replace Capella.

I'd recommend keeping it less then 50 years, around 20 being preferable. Keep enough familiar stuff in.

I haven't had any time to do any work on this but, the P-51 Mustang was first used in 1940 and remained in service well into 1960. This is even after jet engine fighters became common. So if you think about it, there seem to be very few changes in fighter tech in the Freespace series, certainly nothing as major as the jet engine replacing propellers.

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
Also look at the B-52 bomber that went into service in the 1950's and is still in active service.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.