Author Topic: [Complete] Voice Acting Blaise Russel's 'Fall of Epsilon Pegasi'  (Read 10443 times)

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
[Complete] Voice Acting Blaise Russel's 'Fall of Epsilon Pegasi'
Hi there,
as you may or may not know, i have voice acted some campaigns lately by using good TTS software (see the Deep Blood link in my sig for reference)
Well to give you the short story, i happened to play the campaign 'Fall of Epsilon Pegasi' and regarded it to be one of the gems of released campaigns. Sadly though, it's missing voice acting.
So I at first thought about voice acting it like the other campaigns, but then decided that this campaign is of such high quality that i wouldn't really do it justice by voice acting it with computer voices (at least not the important characters)

so here is the deal: if people here are interested in speaking some of the chars in this thrilling 10 missions campaign, i would organize all the voice acting and probably speak one char myself (although that would be more of a stopgap, since i'm sounding just to young for any of the chars)

this is a list of chars that need to be voiced:

1. those two are absolutely essential to be voiced by humans, way to much emotions in their script for a computer voice to handle:

alpha2: male, any age, mostly short lines to voice (but many of them)  - done by me (finished)
alpha3: same as alpha 2  - Son of Orion (finished)

2. this are other major characters, that could maybe be done through TTS but still would profit from human voices:

admiral wilson: male, medium aged, some briefings and some rather short ingame lines - Darkblade (finished)
Desciple officer: male, any age (but older = better), LOADS of briefings and some ingame lines  - not cast yet
Providence Captain: male, medium to old age, quite an amount of briefings and many ingame lines  - Dekker

3. finally here are some minor roles, just some few lines and at max 1 briefing for all of them, could be done through TTS mostly, but if somebody feels like doing just some few lines, GO for it!

aquitane: any gender - rbxplayer 'Clive Scerri' (finished)
beta1: any gender  - Black Wolf (finished)
campbell: any gender  - not cast yet
Farell: any gender  - not cast yet
gallant: male  - bigchunk1 (finished)
jackson: any gender  - not cast
Refute: any gender  - not cast yet
Admiral Koth: male, medium too old age  - not cast yet
support ship: any gender  - rbxplayer 'Clive Scerri' (finished)

here is the campaign together with whole mission scripts, as well as allready sorted out scripts for every character ( just look into the voice acting folder) http://www.mediafire.com/?lc6fk82l2af66jy

If you want to participate, just send me one recorded example file, of the character you wish to speak, to [email protected] (or in case of minor roles, send everything)
i am in no way looking for native speakers only, so accent is no problem at all, if somewhat understandable
All necessary post processing (like adding beeps and stuff) will be done by me
note this: this project will be released, whatever you send in will not go to waste, missing casts will be handled via TTS software, the whole thing is not about IF, but about QUALITY
Deadline for this project will be by the end of July, characters for whom i have not found an Voice actor by then will be done through TTS. This does NOT mean voice acting has to be finished till then, and you could probably still apply for now chars, but i wont wait for new applications from then on

beware: it is important to name files you send EXACTLY like the the according .txt files! please send in .mp3 or .ogg format.

well that is it, quite a long post now, so it just remains to be said:
please help me improve one of the best campaigns hlp has to offer, you know you want to! :yes:

edit: -cast updated
        -added deadline
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 04:23:05 pm by fightermedic »
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
Re: Voice Acting Blaise Russel's 'Fall of Epsilon Pegasi'
If this goes through, I will be very interested in seeing who gets Admiral Koth.
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline fightermedic

If this goes through, I will be very interested in seeing who gets Admiral Koth.
well he has just some 3 lines of text, nothing too important actually - but if anyone feels like acting the bad guy, just send me the file ;)
>>Ships created by me<<
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

I wouldn't mind giving this a shot. Hope more people go for it. I think I'll try doing Alpha 3.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 01:22:16 am by Son of Orion »

Offline fightermedic

I wouldn't mind giving this a shot. Hope more people go for it. I think I'll try doing Alpha 3.

that would be very cool indeed!
it would mean if I myself do alpha 2, we would have the most important chars covered
just send me an example file if you don't mind

sadly, feedback has been limited till now, come on people, everyone can speak!

btw bigchunk1, what about you doing Koth? ;)
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
 :lol: I don't think you have played this. You can get to the part where I try to play Koth by opening the VA.zip directly if you so choose.

That was a long time ago, but I don't think I'd be much better now. Playing Admiral Koth is quite difficult, that's why I am interested in who would get the part.

I'd be up for doing a minor role though. 
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline fightermedic

no haven't played it yet, but i'll check it out
feel free to pick any role, much appreciated
(would be cool if you could do the "support ship" or "gallant" though, as i think those are the minor roles most deserving a voice act)
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline fightermedic

@Son of Orion
you are cast!
just listened to the samples, this is great, in fact i'd even say, it doesn't get much greater than that!
i'll have a hard time, to produce something just roughly as good, as your conversation counterpart alpha 2, if you can keep this up for all the lines.  :yes:
i think it would be best if you upload all the files at once at mediafire or some other service, once you are done with everything - no need to upload the stuff i already have again
btw: take your time, you are done, when you are done  :pimp:

@bigchunk
have checked it out, well not exactly great, but not bad either, thats about the quality i produce when voice acting  :shaking:
one thing though: increase the distance between the mic and your mouth, or bend it away from it, you are breathing into the mic - if you get too quiet just increase mic gain, i'd rather have some white noise than you blowing into the microphone
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 03:38:58 pm by fightermedic »
>>Ships created by me<<

Really? Awesome! :D I could have all the lines done before the end of today, actually. Thank you so much.

And don't feel pressured. I'm sure you'll do just fine. :)

Offline fightermedic

a heads up: i am finished recording the lines for alpha 2, on to some post processing
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Put my name for anyone.
Samples = Orestes tactical from BP Directors Cut.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline fightermedic

Samples = Orestes tactical from BP Directors Cut.

well, who could ask for an any more recommending example
cool to have someone like you interested in this!

well if you want to invest the time, you can speak the providences captain (which would be really cool) or the deciples officer (many lines, but due to few ingame lines i think i can do that one with TTS too) , while if you want to speak fewer lines, admiral wilson is quite important too
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 05:19:11 pm by fightermedic »
>>Ships created by me<<

And another heads up here: I finished recording Alpha 3's lines. Just sent them to fightermedic now.

Edit: Well, it's not going through for some reason, so you can just download them here: http://www.4shared.com/file/1oHeeI-w/Alpha_3.html
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 12:10:01 am by Son of Orion »

Offline fightermedic

e-mails normaly are restricted to 5 MB, at least they are for me
i'm downloading now   :)

edit: listened to them files, very good job indeed  :yes:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 07:22:04 am by fightermedic »
>>Ships created by me<<

Thank you. I'm happy to help. More people should get involved with this! :)

Offline fightermedic

yea, one or two more people for some of the minor roles would be most welcome  :nod:

@Dekker
i have added your name to the providence for now, if you wish otherwise, just give word  :)

edit: i have added Mr. 'Clive Scerri' - rbxplayer for two of the minor roles

keep it coming :)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 06:50:51 am by fightermedic »
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline rbxplayer

• A bit tight with RL at the moment
I sent my samples. If you like the material, I can try to cover more minor roles.
Ijja l-mewt li taghmilna bnedmin jew l-imhabba?

Offline Darkblade

• Lurker
    • The Babylon Project website
I also sent my auditions for Admiral Wilson and Admiral Koth.
Mauri Darkblade Majanoja

Offline fightermedic

I have added Darkblade as Admiral Wilson, this project is shaping up to be good  :yes:

Now, if someone would feel like voicing the GALLANT, that would make my day just that tad sweeter  ;7

one thing: Deadline for this project will be the end of July, characters for whom i have not found an Voice actor by then will be done through TTS. This does NOT mean voice acting has to be finished till then, and you could probably still apply for now chars, but i wont wait for new applications from then on
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 10:06:29 am by fightermedic »
>>Ships created by me<<

We'll also need a good Disciple, then all the major roles will be filled out.