Author Topic: Voice Talent looking for correct posting area. ;)  (Read 3431 times)

Voice Talent looking for correct posting area. ;)
Hello there,

My name's Gabriel Wolf and have yet to find a space sim that has been able to beat the atmosphere and involving playstyle that Freespace managed to pull off all those years ago.  So... I stumbled across all these mods, remakes, e.t.c. and wanted to know if there was a place I could offer my services as a voice actor to developers.

My website:  www.gabrielwolf.com

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
Re: Voice Talent looking for correct posting area. ;)
Hey Gabriel,

There is a voice acting forum here: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?board=126.0.  The biggest voice acting project going right now is the Blue Planet 2: War in Heaven voice acting call here: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=71181.

It seems like you are a professional or aspiring professional so your voice is definitely welcome, and I look forward to hearing you in game.  However, just know that we are all volunteers here.

Also, the way you posted makes it seem like you may be a spam bot.  Your post made complete sense, but posting only once and then posting a link with your first post is something that spam bots do often. 

If you're willing and able to help with voice acting, look at where the needs are on the voice acting forum and send an email to the voice acting organizer with your auditions.

Thank you for volunteering!

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Also, the way you posted makes it seem like you may be a spam bot.
Huh? :wtf: If so, then given the content of his post, he'd have to be a custom HLP-targeted spambot. :p

Offline Cyborg17

I don't think he is either.  But he may not know that it's suspicious to post a link with your first post.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
but the forum specific reference rules out all but targeted activity

have yet to find a space sim that has been able to beat the atmosphere and involving playstyle that Freespace managed to pull off all those years ago. 
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Cyborg17

......  I already said why I posted what I posted.  I don't disagree with anything that you're saying. It would be for his future benefit: less intelligent communities might ban him because they wouldn't realize that he's not a bot if he posted that way.

Anyway, it's probably meaningless to discuss this anymore.  How about we let modders who need a voice actor post here so that we can actually benefit from his post?

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
Hi, Gabriel Wolf
nice to have you here at the hlp, potential voice actors are always welcome here, be sure of that
as cyborg said there are a some active voice acting projects going on here in this very sub-forum
i myself am running one of those and would be honored to have you in ;)
just check the first post in the projects' thread (also linked in my sig ;) ) and see if you are interested :D
looking forward to hear from you :)
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need