Author Topic: Minecraft, Part 2  (Read 239963 times)

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
The Nether has caves too!

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Man, where is everybody?  I've been pouring in quite a few hours over the past week, but I'm so ronery. :(

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I've been trying to find time to get on, but sooo many other games! :P

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I second what Pred said
Despite my desires, I've six other games currently
"No"

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
Ok, I don't know if any of the OPs are doing something with the server, but as of 12:27AM Central US Time, I'm apparently "not permitted" to use any tools or interact with any blocks. Naturally, I wouldn't have any idea what might be causing this, so I'm bringing it up here.
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Ok, I don't know if any of the OPs are doing something with the server, but as of 12:27AM Central US Time, I'm apparently "not permitted" to use any tools or interact with any blocks. Naturally, I wouldn't have any idea what might be causing this, so I'm bringing it up here.

Same for me, and for another friend I invited to the server. 22:50 Pacific time here, aka "right now".

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Try now.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
Everything looks fine now. Thanks for fixing whatever you fixed. :)
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
IP changed due to google takeover of NYC datacentre: 172.245.40.19:25607
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
First post edited for new numbers.

So I take it the server is not up to the latest version? I thought I'd fart around for a few minutes the other night but when I updated, connecting to the server did not seem an option. Maybe will give it another go in a week or two

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
No, it's still on 1.5.1, so you'd need to downgrade from the most recent release.

It would appear there's been a population boom in my lands...

The NPCs stacked up at one spot as they wanted to go somewhere I didn't want them to, turns out that's one way to get them to breed like mad. Now I'm trying to spread them around and make sure there's plenty of accomodations but I have the feeling I might have to start cutting down these numbers. :P
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I'm a skilled genocidal maniac
I'll solve this problem for you
"No"

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Okay that texture pack is horrifying. :lol:

Has anyone else been doing fun stuff over the past month or two?  I've been continuing my intermittent plodding progress on the fortress, but I've only seen other people on a handful of times, so I'd like to find out if there's anything else I should be checking out.  Maybe I'll finally get off my bum and post some screenshots once I get a bit closer to some semblance of primary completion, but until then anyone who's bored can stop by via telepad.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
That's the Steampunk texture pack by Glimmar, right? You deserve three thumbs up.  :yes: :yes: :yes:
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
That's the Steampunk texture pack by Glimmar, right? You deserve three thumbs up.  :yes: :yes: :yes:

The one in JC's link?

No, that is LB PhotoRealism.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Has anyone else been doing fun stuff over the past month or two?  I've been continuing my intermittent plodding progress on the fortress, but I've only seen other people on a handful of times, so I'd like to find out if there's anything else I should be checking out.  Maybe I'll finally get off my bum and post some screenshots once I get a bit closer to some semblance of primary completion, but until then anyone who's bored can stop by via telepad.

I've recently been re-motivated to work on the Fenris some more. :)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Server updated to 1.5.2.

Just noticed, good to know. =)

Also, Mongoose, in response to your question, I've been pretty active as part of multitasking with Minecraft, my area is seeing a lot of change and what I consider to be improvements.
Since the telepad now works, my area is pretty accessible. I'll see if I can make the direct area around the telepad exit on my end nicer too, but first things first.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell