Author Topic: Minecraft, Part 2  (Read 239667 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Impressive...
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Impressive...

Thanks.
Though it'll be more impressive when it's more than just hollow structures. :P
Only the portal room is really finished, and some stairways down to my mining area. Other portions are just big empty-ish hallways or rooms where huge mobs spawn and try to murder me. :P

Holy sheep, Angel! That's right impressive indeed.

The only question though: Will it protect against titans?

Holy sheep, Angel! That's right impressive indeed.

The only question though: Will it protect against titans?

Not sure what a Titan is but given that mobs spawn inside my central chamber as it is I'm fairly sure the answer is . . no.

Not sure what a Titan is but given that mobs spawn inside my central chamber as it is I'm fairly sure the answer is . . no.

These walls vs this Titan.

And mobs spawning is bad too...

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Well that makes my wall feel...extremely inadequate. :p

These walls vs this Titan.

And mobs spawning is bad too...

Oh I thought you were talking about the mega zombies, like the ones in the uh . .  Dwarves vs Zombie server.

http://www.twitch.tv/jimplaysgames/b/423998297

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Hm...well, the Derpy titans certanly could fit into Minecraft.

Offline Venicius

• Be gone, ruffian!
    • Minecraft
I've been back on recently and been working on more wooden forts.  Sometime this weekend I'll put up some pics of my various "border forts".

I'm noticing a very strange lag now I've finally updated to 1.6.2 and got on the server. Teleporting around puts me underground after about 10-20 seconds of nothingness (save for NPCs nearby), both in my own area and at the teleport hub. Things can be very unresponsive but placing and removing blocks work just fine. It's like being somewhere in the middle of normal play and lag (not frame drops, FPS remains at or near 120 at all times. Sprinting around works fine but causes my screen to later, such as 30 seconds later, zoom in and out much like i'm sprinting while I'm standing still.

Overall, very strange issues, wonder what the cause might be, as my internet seems to be working quite well today.

EDIT: A time out just followed after about 10-15 mins being on.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

The server has been lagging for me off and on lately. Sometimes like that, sometimes it works fine.
One good thing is that the movement bug seems to have disappeared with 1.6.2. The bug where I'd tap to go forward for example and it would keep going forward until I tapped forward again. Which btw is really annoying when you're fighting creepers with melee

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Hi, everybody. I'm new to both the server and Minecraft in general.

If I may ask, how do you use most of the teleporters in the central plaza? I'd like to go see the Fenris, but I don't know how to activate them.
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Hi, everybody. I'm new to both the server and Minecraft in general.

If I may ask, how do you use most of the teleporters in the central plaza? I'd like to go see the Fenris, but I don't know how to activate them.

I believe you just right click while looking at the inside of centre square.
And I think you need a tool in your hand too? Or maybe an empty hand. Tool should be fine though.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I haven't been on the server over the past week or two, but I've been having plenty of fun(?) with something else.  The same guys whose ridiculous Skyblock LP got me to fool around with that have just started a new series on SkyGrid, which was made by SethBling.  I think I can sum it up as Skyblock on steroids: you start on a glass platform up around cloud level, and below you is a 3D grid of pretty much every block type in the game, spaced four apart, hovering over the void.  (The visual effect is trippy as hell.)  You don't have any resources at the start, so you have to parkour your way around and try to get a base started up.  I can't even tell you how many deaths I've had so far, and of course they always happen when I'm carrying something particularly valuable.  It's definitely worth a try.

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Runecraft updated.

Should fix any lingering problems with 1.6.2.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
The town Kyad and JC made is great. My hats off to you guys.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Upgraded my old Herc and Apollo builds:

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
pew pew
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
You should copypasta those cool things into the server somewhere.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
You should copypasta those cool things into the server somewhere.

As long as you guys don't mind it basicly taking down the server due to the size of the WE for a while, sure.