Author Topic: <none> textures  (Read 2083 times)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
I'm getting lots of these errors with your latest builds. Specifically the one Bobboau linked in the rotating sububjects in skyboxes thread. The error looks like this:

Warning: Couldn't load bitmap <none>
File:i:\fso\fs2_open\code\graphics\generic.cpp
Line: 80
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    ship_page_in_model_textures()    ship_page_in()    level_page_in()    freespace_mission_load_stuff()    game_post_level_init()    game_start_mission()    game_enter_state()    gameseq_set_state()    game_process_event()    gameseq_process_events()    game_main()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 7c816fd7()
------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone got any ideas where I start trying to fix this? I really don't know any of our models that have a <none> texture!
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
I've put <none> in the species_defs.tbl for empty thruster glow entries.

It's used the same way in the mv_effects-sdf.tbl, so I figured it's the correct syntax. Maybe it's not ?
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
"<none>" should work properly there, unless you use them for secondary and tertiary thruster names.  Both secondary and tertiary thruster names are considered optional by default, so if you do specify a name then it will try to use it, even if you specify "<none>".

It is a discrepancy in any case though, since the generic graphics loader should check for it as well.  Unfortunately that is where some issue comes into play since we strangely allow only "<none>" in one spot and only "none" in the other. :)  So, I'll fix that to allow both to be ignored in the generic loader and that should take care of the problem.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
<none> -> none in species_def fixed the problem. When you guys decide on which want you want to use then please tell me. Personally I always liked <none>
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
I seem to remember that there was some discussion on which to use officially, but I can't remember what the result of all that was.  It would be simple to support both though, just add an inline function to check for a valid and useable filename, and replace all of the old checks with that.  I'll probably do that tonight.

In the meantime, maybe someone who remembers can chime in with which of the two none types to use.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I always thought it was strictly none, with no decoration.  That's the way it's used in other areas (e.g. none.wav).

I agree that <none> should probably be allowed though. :)