Author Topic: I need help with B5 history.  (Read 3805 times)

Offline mr.WHO

I need help with B5 history.
I'm planning to make a campaign after finishing few more missions but I need one thing:

Does President Clarke survived EA civil war or has been killed/executed?

If he's dead the can you post a history of other EA civil war black character?

This time, it will be a campaign for bad guys :drevil:

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Clark committed suicide in "Endgame".

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Hmmm. Bad guys in B5. I know! Make the entire plot about Bureau 13. Apart from the fact that they've got a hideout in the nuked remains of San Fransico and that they've got connections to Psi Core you've got free rein :D

Only JMS would set up a shadowy government agency and then never mention them again. :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Gai Daigoji

• Gekigangar!
    • http://www.freewebs.com/neo-terra
Originally posted by Mr. Fury
Clark committed suicide in "Endgame".

Yep he did, well after he activiated the defense grid to fire on Earth. But I guess you could make a campaign were Sherridan gave in to the torture and signed the confession.

That way a few of the League worlds might get other ideas about helping the B5 team, and also would lead to less defections on the Earth Force side.
Freespace 2: Neo-Terra - My Freespace 2 website that holds my completed FS2 campaigns.

Darkness Rising - Current campaign I'm working on.

Mission Designer for the Wing Commander Saga.

CURRENT PROJECT: Darkness Rising, WCS
COMPLETED PROJECTS: Neo-Terra, Unification Prequel, Solar Wars Chapter 1, Deep Blood, Return to Neo-Terra (Part 1).

Offline mr.WHO

Did there was an suicide "animation", or someone said that he commited suicide, my point is " is there is any, even little chance that he could survive civil war?"

Offline Gai Daigoji

• Gekigangar!
    • http://www.freewebs.com/neo-terra
Originally posted by mr.WHO
Did there was an suicide "animation", or someone said that he commited suicide, my point is " is there is any, even little chance that he could survive civil war?"

Not really because upon the arrival of Sherridan's fleet at Earth the bulk of Clarks followers turned against him and made a move to arrest him.

Clark was crazy so he took his own life after turning the defense grid to Earth.
Freespace 2: Neo-Terra - My Freespace 2 website that holds my completed FS2 campaigns.

Darkness Rising - Current campaign I'm working on.

Mission Designer for the Wing Commander Saga.

CURRENT PROJECT: Darkness Rising, WCS
COMPLETED PROJECTS: Neo-Terra, Unification Prequel, Solar Wars Chapter 1, Deep Blood, Return to Neo-Terra (Part 1).

Offline Slasher

In Endgame he is seen arming a PPG and getting a little light headed with it, if you know what I mean.  Just as he fires the shot a bunch of people burst into his office.

In the following episode "Rising Star," his body is shown (shrouded) during an ISN broadcast, still slumped in his presidential office chair.  Some guy, possibly a reporter or investigator, shows the camera a sign someone left on his body which reads "Traitor to Earth."  It's been about two years since I saw that episode so the lucky bastards with the Season 4 DVDs might want to correct me.

My point is that unless he had a clone of himself (Isard style!), Clark bought the farm.

Offline mr.WHO

Damm.. this could destroy my plans, I want to have a real bad guys story (I don't want to say much but few words: Omega-X + Psi corp + Clarke or some other evil guy = fall of ISA + many bad things.

Karajorma can you say something more about Bureau 13 their/it connections to Psi corp could be very useful.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Watch "A Spider in the Web" from series 2 for more info.

Basically a shadowy agency within EarthGov has been conducting black ops for some time. Sheridan knows their name but is unable to find out anything more about them than that.

Bureau 13 was probably meant to be the name that JMS was going to give to the conspirators working with President Clarke. It's the same mix of high up officials, telepaths and other bad guys.

AFAIK the name was dropped because it was already the trademarked name for a role playing game. Doesn't mean you can't use it :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

In addition to what karajorma said, these co-conspirators of Clark might have also been involved or directly featured in Crusade.

During an episode of that series, Cpt. Gideon was revealed to have been the sole survivor of his first assignment, the Omega Destroyer Cerberus. It was destroyed around the time of the Shadow War by a strange Shadow hybrid ship which was out of control. This ship was slated to have been constructed by a secret group within Earth Force probably loyal to Clark. In the current Crusade timeline (10 years after that incident) Cpt. Gideon was set to encounter that ship again and the group behind it aboard the Excalibur while searching for the cure for the Dra'kh plague, unfortunately the show was cancelled before these began filming. Perhaps you can use something from there for your campaign.
Fear is the Mind-Killer...

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Originally posted by Slasher
*snip*
It's been about two years since I saw that episode so the lucky bastards with the Season 4 DVDs might want to correct me.

Nope...everything correct. Clark is in fact very dead after "Endgame".
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline -Norbert-

If you don't care too much about going astray from the storyline of crusade you could use Bester as the bad guy.

Something to Bureau 13: The made use of the Lazarus Project.
The former leader of Free Mars, Able Horn, was shot down in his ship in orbit of mars (I think during the food roits) and was as good as dead.
They inserted a computer into his head, fixed him telepatically on the moment of his death (the only though in his head, thats runnin in a loop) and gave him an artificial hand with which he could access computers (via the crystal slot) and deliver deadly electric shocks.
Before Talia Winters reactivated his real personality, he was more like a robot than a human.
When he finnaly was shot, his body selfdestructed, leaving no trace behind.
Andd the female PSI Cop supervising that Operation was officially declared deceased years before.

And thus this thread contains all that is known about Bureau 13 AFAIK

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Originally posted by -Norbert-
The former leader of Free Mars, Able Horn, was shot down in his ship in orbit of mars (I think during the food roits) and was as good as dead. They inserted a computer into his head, fixed him telepatically on the moment of his death (the only though in his head, thats runnin in a loop) and gave him an artificial hand with which he could access computers (via the crystal slot) and deliver deadly electric shocks. When he finnaly was shot, his body selfdestructed, leaving no trace behind.

:lol:

Somebody really disliked that guy.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

"they've got a hideout in the nuked remains of San Fransico"

Shouldn't that be San Diego?

Only nuked remains I remember from B5 anyway. :D

Offline Roki

Yeah pretty sure it was san D hmm What you could do is just make an alternate time line a what if in the b5 universe. I have been thinking of doing a simler thing except with the earth minbari war except the minbari do not surrender. Already got a good idea with what i could do with the campaign :)
"Death Solves all problems No man No problem"