Author Topic: BUG: Nightlies break TrackIR aiming  (Read 1945 times)

Offline Flygit

BUG: Nightlies break TrackIR aiming
I grabbed new nightlies for new media VPs and they break aiming when using TrackIR. Moving your head moves aiming reticle so it's impossible to hit anything.

Tested builds: 10273, 10403, 10415.
Freespace 2 with mediaVPs 2014 and 3612 and Titan Rebellion.

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Re: BUG: Nightlies break TrackIR aiming
Err... what? Does the craft turn when you use TrackIR or just the reticule?

If you can get a short video of the behavior that would be great.  :yes:
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline Flygit

Reticle moves with head movement. I turn my head left and reticle goes left too and so on.

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
damn, i totally forgot to mention this one
this bug also happens with padlock
i've first noticed it shortly before christmass
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline Echelon9

Can you narrow it down to the last nightly build that does work, and the immediately subsequent nightly build that doesn't work as expected.

Thus will help us coders, many of whom don't have a TrackIR setup,

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
i think it must have been a build very shortly before 3.7.0 proper if i am not mistaken, at least i have first noticed it with 3.7.0 i think, and i usually keep pretty up to date with my builds, so it couldn't have been introduced very long before that

testing it is easy, as i said, just use padlock for that, same error
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

New player here, attracted by Diaspora and since purchased FS2 from GoG. Excellent work, really well done.

Posting here to confirm - TrackIR worked for me fine with Diaspora R1, updated to R1.1 and started getting this reticle issue. Same occurs in FS2, with the January 2014 build (I have the FSO scptrackir.dll file in root). Afraid I don't have any earlier builds, but if it's any help for narrowing it down, whatever changed in the Diaspora versions seem to have triggered it (my FS2 retail and Diaspora installations are on separate drives).

To explain it more clearly, the aiming reticle is perfectly centred on screen regardless of orientation of camera. Rest of the HUD remains in place - makes aiming almost impossible.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Bug reports really need to go on Mantis.  A thread on the public forum is not likely to get attention from the right people, and it clutters up the threads for people looking for something else.  Mantis, on the other hand, provides a way to monitor and track bug progress and resolution.

Please open a Mantis ticket and take the discussion there.  Consult this post if you are unfamiliar with Mantis or need guidance.