Author Topic: Here something handy  (Read 26893 times)

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
I know that it needs to be added in as a plugin. Unfortuantely it didnt come with the Truespace I have with me, which is why I'm asking around in the first place :p
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline Axem

No "TRUEVIEW.TSX"? It's in the TSX director actually, not plug ins. But if you still don't have it... here ya go.

http://www.game-warden.com/narfin/truespace/

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
Tthat should about do it! :D

Much obliged, kind sir. :)
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Re: Here something handy
:nervous:

:bump:

I am trying to model using this truespace program here, and when I edit verticies/face etc. coordinates with the object info panel, I enter the position and hit enter, and it just seemingly throws away the number I entered and puts in a random position.

I googled for help, but I didn't find anything, and I watched some turtorials, again no help.

PLease halp me!

« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 11:26:01 am by thesizzler »

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Dude, if you want to make a comment, do it with less smilies and silly comments.  Please.

And whoever is putting this thing together, could you please PM me with an e-mail address that can take large attachments?  I want to get that Orion fix out.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline bizzybody

• Space Viking
    • Fandemonium 2008!
For Caligari trueSpace 3.2

Direct download from;

http://www.caligari.com/products/truespace/ts3/tSetup32.exe <-Link fixed

I dunno if that's the serial number their form hands out, but I think any time I used their form to get the link to ts32.zip it was always the same serial number. I'd love to see Caligari put the last 4.x trueSpace out for free, but they probably can't due to it having the Lightworks rendering engine. (Licensing issues y'know, where the outfit that wote lightworks would want $$ for every copy of tS4.) When that version was new, the Lightworks rendering plugin for Lightwave cost more than trueSpace. With tS 4 it was like getting Lightworks FREE. :)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 03:45:32 pm by bizzybody »
"They were really only teeny little A-bombs, honest!" Dr. Charles Dart

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I wonder what happened to ol' Liberator, he kinda started playing Eve and then vanished....

Offline Descenter

• Gamers Rule, but so do Thoes Who Make Them
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
For Caligari trueSpace 3.2

Direct download from;

http://www.caligari.com/download/ts32.zip

I dunno if that's the serial number their form hands out, but I think any time I used their form to get the link to ts32.zip it was always the same serial number. I'd love to see Caligari put the last 4.x trueSpace out for free, but they probably can't due to it having the Lightworks rendering engine. (Licensing issues y'know, where the outfit that wote lightworks would want $$ for every copy of tS4.) When that version was new, the Lightworks rendering plugin for Lightwave cost more than trueSpace. With tS 4 it was like getting Lightworks FREE. :)

BTW Linky broken me thinks...
"War is like playing a game of chess.  You move units on a field, and stratiegically try to weaken the opposing force, a sort of... elequent ballet.  Sure you might lose a few units,.... but, at times, it all part of the plan..."

"Most of the human race really don't give a damn.  Well I do, and I try to do something about it by giving a damn."

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I wonder what happened to ol' Liberator, he kinda started playing Eve and then vanished....

Well, I think you answered your own question. :)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
He poofed from EVE too. For all the EVE folks can tell he got hit by a truck.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
I think constantly having his beliefs and political opinions challenged in such effective and unstoppable ways took its toll.
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Well, he always seemed a bit self-deprecating, I worried for him a bit to be honest, always seemed on the edge of slipping into depression.

Anyway, hope he's ok :)

Offline Mav

I am trying to model using this truespace program here, and when I edit verticies/face etc. coordinates with the object info panel, I enter the position and hit enter, and it just seemingly throws away the number I entered and puts in a random position.

I googled for help, but I didn't find anything, and I watched some turtorials, again no help.

PLease halp me!
Just in case you haven't found out yet - or in case someone else should stumble upon this problem -  :

trueSpace did these things to me usually because of one of two reasons, namely
1) that the wrong set of coordinates was selected in the bottom right of the screen (that box with around three letters in it - make sure it says something like "WLD" [world], not "SCR" [screen] or "OBJ" [object]) ; though this is more an issue if you try to drag things around with the mouse)
 (though once you get more advanced, the other two can also become a great help)

and 2) that a higher level of hierarchy was selected, which might quite well have been the case here. To solve this, either move down the hierarchy with the grey down-arrow that's somewhere in the toolbar until you reach the lowest hierarchy-level or use the plugin (trueview?) to directly select the mesh you wish to be working on instead of some group that contains it;
and in both cases do so before you start with editing.

I hope this is/will be of use for some people :) .
And sorry for thread necromancing...  :nervous: :shaking:
-__ o_O___O_o
I______O_O_______dragons
________o

-----------------------------------
capship shields DO WORK !!!
my models, now with pics
test mission for commanding capships
-----------------------------------
suffering from a late stage of BoE-infection - DON'T call a doctor, it's too late for that anyway ;o)

I have a question, how do you move points around in truespace??? I'm trying to create a Shivan Stealth fighter and I need to move stuff around. :/
Creator of Black Sun Corporation, the leading manufacturer of modern warfare.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Move points ? What do you mean by move points ?
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

nvm about truespace, I gave up on that. I'm now trying to convert my pof files to 3DS so I can nake my changes. Since I know how to use GMax, I might as well use it. :P
Creator of Black Sun Corporation, the leading manufacturer of modern warfare.

Offline Enigmatic Entity

• Exemplar Essayer
  • Amigo ad infinitum.
Since this thread is still stickied, someone should update the first post, since Truespace is now completely free.

http://www.caligari.com/downloads.html
Juvenescence and multifariousness is eternal.