Author Topic: PCS2 paths suggestions  (Read 1785 times)

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
PCS2 paths suggestions
I was reading through this http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,74488.0/topicseen.html and was wondering if it would be worth you guys looking into the fighter bay issue, perhaps setting up a special case for fighter bays or a separate generator mode so the user can specify entry and exit directions for the hanger bay.  I know user refinement will probably be needed once the paths are generated but it helps to have something to start with.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Re: PCS2 paths suggestions
It's impossible because hangar models are different and even if someone make path generator for hangars, they would need manual corrections. Anyway, it would make adding paths faster and simplier.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Re: PCS2 paths suggestions
It takes like twenty seconds to add one fighter bay path.
Its easy!

I'd rather that the people that can't figure it out without PCS2 autogenerating for them not do it at all, cause all I see happening is a lot of models made by lazy people who just autogenerate and never understand what really goes on...thus you get crummy fighter bay paths a la UED Solaris (which took all of five minutes to fix >.>)
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================