Author Topic: For the Lego Fans. And For the C&C Fans  (Read 4370 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: For the Lego Fans. And For the C&C Fans
Despite all that.

Doesn't make me wrong, either.

I think you'll now find that it does and that I have proved that it does. :p
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Shade

For what it's worth, in Danish we always use "Lego brick" (well, directly translated, we actually use block, but brick is close enough) when talking about Lego components, or even forego the Lego part completely. There simply isn't a Danish form of "Legos" that anyone uses. Lego by itself is really only used when referring to sets of many bricks (whether for a a specific design or not), "I'm off to buy some Lego" or "I'm getting that Lego thingamajig we saw in the ad", and then when opening it "Oohh, look at all these new blocks/bricks I have to play with".
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I think you'll now find that it does and that I have proved that it does. :p

But it isn't like anyone here is particularly respectful of intellectual property-based arguments anyways, now is it? :p
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
For what it's worth, in Danish we always use "Lego brick" (well, directly translated, we actually use block, but brick is close enough) when talking about Lego components, or even forego the Lego part completely. There simply isn't a Danish form of "Legos" that anyone uses. Lego by itself is really only used when referring to sets of many bricks (whether for a a specific design or not), "I'm off to buy some Lego" or "I'm getting that Lego thingamajig we saw in the ad", and then when opening it "Oohh, look at all these new blocks/bricks I have to play with".

Yeah, that's how we (as in, people with intelligence) use it as well. It's like bread. No such thing as "one bread" or "many breads" (well, there are, but that tends to refer to collection of different types of bread), just the overall concept of "bread".
But there you are.

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
I'll have two toasts please mother.
Kiss my Fluffy White Ass!

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
o/` "you say po-taet-oe, i say pa-ta-toe" o/`
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------