Author Topic: no-bpo version of 3.6.9 for us unfortionate macpro users  (Read 5371 times)

no-bpo version of 3.6.9 for us unfortionate macpro users
Is there one like that of FSO like you did for BTRL?  The random crashing has plagued me since I got this computer, and it would be nice to get trough 3 missions without having to restart my computer.  Id use a new 3.6.10 build but right now they are giving me graphics problems like invisible ships.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Re: no-bpo version of 3.6.9 for us unfortionate macpro users
There isn't a non-PBO version of 3.6.9.  I would make one, but I'm not really sure if I even still have that original setup still on my Mac.  If I do then I'll try to do something up early next week (I already have about 7 different builds to do tonight and tomorrow).

I am going to put out a new OS X 3.6.10 test build tomorrow though.  A lot of stuff has changed since the previous builds, and I'm hoping that things will work better now.  The invisible ship problem still makes absolutely no sense, since the error seems to come from nothing, and the same command that generates the error will work at least once with the same settings and not generate an error.  :wtf:  Anyway, I'll make a post when the new build is ready and you can give it a try.  If it doesn't work well enough then you can wait a few more days and get a good 3.6.9 build.

awesome thanks.  I wasn't sure how close you were with the next 3.6.10 build.   Here is to hoping it works  :)

Out of curiosity, how is this coming along?

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
Haha, I completely forgot about it.  :lol:  I got so fed up trying to get the BtRL versions out that it simply slipped my mind.

I'm not at home at the moment, but when I get back over there later tonight I'll do a quick build and post the links.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
It's going up right now.  You should be able to download it about 10 minutes from this post:
http://icculus.org/~taylor/fso/willrobinson/Xt1208-osx.tgz

I am going to replace the current 3.6.9 build with a non-PBO version as well.  I forgot one extra patch that I'd like to include with it though (to fix the broken right mouse button), so I need to rebuild it again and then upload.  I'll do that in the morning (pretty sleepy right now) so by the afternoon at least you should be able to grab the 3.6.9 build again and it will be the updated version.

Offline Tinman

• Released: WCS mini campaign
thanks taylor, nice work  :yes:

this build works great on my PPC Mac - the annoying mouse pointer bug near the lower end of the screen is gone  :)

Awsome! works great! no more killer crashes for me ;)

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
Alright, cool.

I'll try and get that 3.6.9 build for you guys at some point this weekend.

A couple hours after I posted the other build I started getting a severe pain in my chest, and a few hours after that I was in the emergency room.  So after a couple of surgeries I now have some new scars to add to my extensive collection, and no longer have a gallbladder. :)  I just got out of the hospital about an hour ago and this is the first time that I've been on a computer since posting that other build, so it's going to take me a while to catch up with everything.

Holy crap!  Sure glad your all right.   Take it easy.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Damn! BtRL nearly killed Taylor. :D

Sorry.

Anyway glad to hear you're feeling a bit better.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline castor

• http://www.ffighters.co.uk./home/
Wow! Good it wasn't anything more serious.
But hey, maybe consider relaxing a bit? We can't afford you to lose more parts ;)

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
I'm pretty tough.  It takes a lot to keep me down for very long.

So far I've: gotten more cuts, burns and bruises than I can possibly keep track of; been electrocuted a half-dozen times; been hit by a car (it fish-tailed, I got hit by the trunk); been run over by a 4-wheeler (which I was actually driving, I'm embarrassed to say); had my arm broken (then went white water rafting); been hit in the knee with an axe (that I was swinging); had a splinter about 4 inches long and about as big around as a pencil in the widest part dug out of my neck (another 4-wheeler accident, and if I had not been wearing that particular helmet or had my head tilted just a few degrees in any direction, I'd probably be dead right now), and had one of my fingers torn off by a 3-wheeler tire (and actually got it sewn back own :)), plus a few other things that I don't care to list right now which mostly involve a weapon or vehicle of some sort.  So I've got a strangely weak wrist since I never gave it proper time to heal after it was broken (about two weeks in a cast, then 8 in a brace), a finger which has a little bit of nerve damage and that actually manage to get a bit of phantom-limb syndrome with even though I've still got the finger, a bad knee, a bad shoulder (a motorcycle accident and another 4-wheeler accident), and a scar on my neck that tends to itch for unknown reasons.

The fact that I'm still alive is amazing enough, so this isn't really that big of a deal.  I'm sure I'll finally get taken out one of these days, since I can't imagine actually dying of old age at this point.  :)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 04:50:30 pm by taylor »

Offline castor

Aahhh, didn't guess you're that kind of person. The kind that will most certainly gain health problems if trying to relax, be careful, or just generally stay out of trouble :D

Well, I guess old age isn't for everyone   :D

That reminds me of a conversation I had today...
A friend of mine was talking to her psychologist about all the problems in her life and he actually sighed and said,  "I guess, life isn't for everyone." I mean, just, wow!  Granted she clearly has some problems but thats one lousy psychiatrist.  You must have better doctors then that.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 02:24:37 pm by Darklord42 »

Offline castor

Ouch :D He probably tried some warped psychological trick on her. Hard to see how that would help though :doubt:

No I think he was just frustrated with his job. :doubt:

I'm pretty tough.  It takes a lot to keep me down for very long.

So far I've: gotten more cuts, burns and bruises than I can possibly keep track of; been electrocuted a half-dozen times; been hit by a car (it fish-tailed, I got hit by the trunk); been run over by a 4-wheeler (which I was actually driving, I'm embarrassed to say); had my arm broken (then went white water rafting); been hit in the knee with an axe (that I was swinging); had a splinter about 4 inches long and about as big around as a pencil in the widest part dug out of my neck (another 4-wheeler accident, and if I had not been wearing that particular helmet or had my head tilted just a few degrees in any direction, I'd probably be dead right now), and had one of my fingers torn off by a 3-wheeler tire (and actually got it sewn back own :)), plus a few other things that I don't care to list right now which mostly involve a weapon or vehicle of some sort.  So I've got a strangely weak wrist since I never gave it proper time to heal after it was broken (about two weeks in a cast, then 8 in a brace), a finger which has a little bit of nerve damage and that actually manage to get a bit of phantom-limb syndrome with even though I've still got the finger, a bad knee, a bad shoulder (a motorcycle accident and another 4-wheeler accident), and a scar on my neck that tends to itch for unknown reasons.

The fact that I'm still alive is amazing enough, so this isn't really that big of a deal.  I'm sure I'll finally get taken out one of these days, since I can't imagine actually dying of old age at this point.  :)

Holy CRAP man.  Thats amazing.  You're tougher to kill than Jackie Chan.  Its good knowing you're the one working on the Mac/Linux builds.  Halarious.  That's frickin' amazing.

Well, I guess old age isn't for everyone   :D

That reminds me of a conversation I had today...
A friend of mine was talking to her psychologist about all the problems in her life and he actually sighed and said,  "I guess, life isn't for everyone." I mean, just, wow!  Granted she clearly has some problems but thats one lousy psychiatrist.  You must have better doctors then that.

Statistically, Psychologist suicide rate is double as high as their patients.
And this ain't no ****. But don't quote me for that one. - Mika

I shall rrreach worrrld domination!

Offline neoterran

Whoa. That's not the image of Taylor I had in my head.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"