Author Topic: Updated Xcode 3.0 project file  (Read 3413 times)

Offline Echelon9

Updated Xcode 3.0 project file
Does anyone have an updated and working Xcode 3.0 (Leopard) project file that will build the Freespace SCP? Amongst others, errors arise from source code files that have been physically added to the directories but not included in the project file. I could do it manually, but I know I'd make a mistake and the final build would likely only work on 10.5, and not previous OS X releases properly.

I've taken a look at the leading target indicator code, and I know how to fix the vector math to put the leading indicator in the right spot when additive velocity weapons are being used. Problem is I can't build it to test it's working 100%. Pity, as I'd love to use my C/C++ skills to help the community.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Re: Updated Xcode 3.0 project file
*bump* Worth looking into, guys.... *ahem* :D
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
I have no plans to upgrade to Leopard any time soon, so there isn't going to be anything useful from me on this.  I do have updated project files for Xcode 2, but that is only for my Xt tree, so it's totally useless for general CVS usage until I'm eventually able to commit all of my changes.

Someone is just going to have to pony up an Xcode 3.0 project file for us.  I can commit it to CVS, but I can't create it myself.

Making it compatible with earlier OS X version is generally pretty trivial though (assuming that you don't need to change compiler versions, like with supporting early 10.3 versions).  The Xcode docs have plenty of good information to do what you need, and it shouldn't take more than a half-hour at most to figure out whatever you need on the subject.  I remember that it took me longer to actually compile the builds than it did to figure out how to even do it.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Does Leopard have a sort of "Compatibility Mode" so you can run it like it's 10.4?  Or wouldn't that help?

Offline Inquisitor

It does (or did) have such a mode along with a plethora of hardware tweaks for the runtime. Apple has a love/hate relationship with developers, some things are really easy, some are ridiculously obtuse.

I think both my macs are 10.4 though they might be 10.3. They are also G4's, and I haven't touched a mac compiler since the intels came out.
No signature.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
I've taken a look at the leading target indicator code, and I know how to fix the vector math to put the leading indicator in the right spot when additive velocity weapons are being used. Problem is I can't build it to test it's working 100%. Pity, as I'd love to use my C/C++ skills to help the community.

Wait, what? 3.6.9 or HEAD? When did you last do a CVS update?
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Tinman

• Released: WCS mini campaign
Ok, I did not own Leopard at the time of the first post, but...

A few days ago i compiled FS2_Open 3.6.9 with the widescreen/fov fix under Tiger (Xcode2.x). Today i installed Xcode (3.0) under Leopard, copied the folder used under Tiger to Leopard, opened it, did a clean all and a build. A few minutes later -> done. Works!

IMHO the source folder of the first poster may be damaged.     

Offline Echelon9

Re: Updated Xcode 3.0 project file - FIXED
This issue has been resolved in the latest SVN commits.

See further: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,52639.0.html

Much appreciated.