Author Topic: World of Warships - Now Available  (Read 280520 times)

Offline Axem

Re: World of Warships - Now Available
So the new patch is out with amazing changes (my Cleveland now has an 81 AA rating, (rip every plane)).

They also added a new team battle mode, so we could actually get together now and help rule the seas.

So I started the Hard Light Bravos team, message OmegaAxem in game if you're interested!

(Oh note, I'm on the NA server, so if you're in another server, you'll probably have to make some other team there)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 08:13:36 pm by Axem »

Yussss.

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
So the new patch is out with amazing changes (my Cleveland now has an 81 AA rating, (rip every plane)).
I have bad memories of Clevelands massacring my squadrons using that AA consumable, so I generally avoided them anyway in a carrier.

Also I'm pretty sure there's some changes to aircraft too? More fragile but faster?

They also added a new team battle mode, so we could actually get together now and help rule the seas.

So I started the Hard Light Bravos team, message OmegaAxem in game if you're interested!

(Oh note, I'm on the NA server, so if you're in another server, you'll probably have to make some other team there)
I wouldn't mind joining an HLP team, but since I'm in Australia it might be hard to actually play with you guys (except on weekends). Plus I'm only at Tier V on NA so far.

EDIT: If you get a message/request from a "Typhlomence_NA", that's me. :)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 04:31:12 am by ssmit132 »

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
You're 1mb off, wargaming
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
They heard you ;)

[attachment DELETED!! by Strong Bad]
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Haha nice  :D
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
Sooooo.

Any EU-server Hard-Light based team around? That wants an avg. ~1300-1500 WTR  player for tender sailing and long trips to Hotspot?

Contact 'Enioch' in the EU server.
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
A friend of mine invited me into this team that got recruited off the wows reddit, the team maker selected members based on their stats, so we got this team of really competent people. We won every match except one due to a combination of getting slightly careless and bad luck. I'm not sure how many people a team can have though, if there's still a spot open by tomorrow I can ask him to invite you, Enioch.

Most games were complete stomps too, almost kind of boring  :p
Urutorahappī!!

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
So yeah, just had my best match in Atago.  Which was surprising considering the MM was mostly Tier X and not conducive to Tier VIII CA survival.  We're talking Yamatos, Montanai, Zaos; real here there be dragons ****.

Now Atago and I don't click as well as my other CAs, the performances I typically coax from Hipper, Myōkō and Mogami all outstrip her by a wide margin.  So after perusing some guides by Little White Mouse and Voulezvous I retooled her to max out stealth and ambush Cans.  Guess what? DD Jäger spec Atago is good at hunting Cans. 

Early game was kinda meh, trying to get some shots in without getting insta gibbed for my trouble when lo a Gearing and Tashknet roll up our flank pretty much uncontested and threaten our cap.   Being the only one in position to respond I immediately rung up flank and assumed an attack posture.

I was able to steam up fairly close before they took notice, popped hydro to null the smoke and extend torp detection.  Then proceeded to thread through the subsequent torpedo spreads while I launched fish back to keep them on their toes.  Atago's inherent speed augmented with the Sierra Mike meant they couldn't open the distance and flee and Atago's 20.3cm HE with Demo Expert just did terrible things to soft skin DDs.   Whittled most of the HP off the Gearing first and then wrecked the Tash

These are both dangerous shooty DDs so between the two and some supporting fire from up south I was down to around half health with one of their Atago's bearing down with near full health.  I kited him a little before coming about and switching to AP.  Sorry bud IJN HE is nice but 20.3cm Armor Piercing Capped is Citadel City, good night.  At this point it looks like this one is in the bag, our team is closing in on their cap and I'm not in any position to flex back.  Bout a third of my health left and catching my breath when a bloody great big Iowa suddenly comes up between the islands...

Well ****, it's a good day to die.  I abuse concealment to get into torp range undetected and loose the fish.  His turrets are oriented away from me so I open up with HE and light him up.  He promptly extuiguishes the fires just in time to eat two Type 90 Mod.1s.  Between the flooding and the fires I restarted with my guns this Iowa just shed all his HP. 

Pan Paka Pan indeed.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
A friend of mine invited me into this team that got recruited off the wows reddit, the team maker selected members based on their stats, so we got this team of really competent people. We won every match except one due to a combination of getting slightly careless and bad luck. I'm not sure how many people a team can have though, if there's still a spot open by tomorrow I can ask him to invite you, Enioch.

Alas, team has been filled already. :(
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
That sounds like an epic match you had in Agato  ;7

In other news, after a meh warming-up phase with the Nürnberg, we are slowly becoming BFFs.

I had this fun match yesterday on the Strait map.
Shortly after starting in the south-sest corner, I receive a stray shell from a Fuso that instantly robs me of 60& of my HP, so I hang back and see a lone Omaha steaming into the middle of the strait connecting north/south. He receives 2 salvos of AP greetings and I receive first blood. Then I spot two enemy DDs approaching from north through this little maze of island on the west side, but they seem focused on getting to our CV. They ignore me too long... the first one gets completely crippled by my first HE salvo, the second dodges better and starts sending torps my way. As I try to dodge and pummel him with burning love, I manage to ram into an island. This is were I get really lucky, as his torp spread impacts just front/aft of me into the beach, while I'm still stuck. As he dies a lone burning death, and I'm backing out of the beach, a wild Murmansk appears from behind at 10km. At this moment I have around 15% health left and am thinking it's game over, so I just keep my boat in reverse and steer my aft end at him while firing AP rounds. It takes the Murmansk driver around 5 of his own volley to realize that I'm in reverse, as all his shots fly over me. By the time he realizes his mistake, it's too late and he get's citadeled into oblivion.
By then some friendlies spot the enemy Bogue just at the edge of my 16.5km range. My stream of HE nets me 2 citadels and unleashes the Kraken, gg.

Which rises the question, is it normal that I can get citadel hits on CVs and DDs? I thought they had no citadels? Or is the achievement just triggered by doing X amount of damage with one round?

[attachment DELETED!! by Strong Bad]
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Axem

DDs don't have a citadel, though you might get a message saying "Target penetrated!" if you do a ton of damage. CV's do have a citadel, and on some of them, the armor protecting it is so thin that a Minekaze's peashooter can pen it with HE shells.

Offline Enioch

Yeah, it's impossible to citadel a DD but quite possible to citadel carriers.

So, I unlocked the Ibuki, fully pimped pimped her up with the 10m credits I got from [Ranked 1] and am ~50k XP in.

She's a beauty. I don't understand why people hate this ship. 19km range with pinpoint-accurate 203s, a good heal (which I bring up to 4 charges with Superintendent and Premium consumable) and 20% fire chance on HE shells (I net a minimum of 8-10 fires a game). And I still haven't unlocked my T5 captain skill (obviously stealth for a 9.something spotting range, omnomnom DDs).

I liked the Mogami before the AFT nerf, but this, in my opinion, is an upgrade in every way imaginable. OK, her armor is still paper, but in a random map where you can scootch behind friendly BBs and 'convince' them to tank for you, she's a monster. Consistently Unicum results on her.

I'm in love again. Zekamashi-chan will always be my favourite, but Ibuki has taken my heart by storm and I now have dreams of threesomes under the sakura blossoms.

Spoon, any news on that team?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 06:56:22 pm by Enioch »

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Enioch see below:

Alas, team has been filled already. :(

You can be on multiple teams so there is nothing stopping you guys from forming a Hard Light Bravos EU.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
You can be on multiple teams so there is nothing stopping you guys from forming a Hard Light Bravos EU.
Yeah, but with the limited times at which you can do team battles, it'll be a chore to juggle time between multiple teams.

I'm in love again. Zekamashi-chan will always be my favourite, but Ibuki has taken my heart by storm and I now have dreams of threesomes under the sakura blossoms.
L-lewd..!
Urutorahappī!!

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
L-lewd..!

I don't want anybody else
When I think about you
I Tachibana myself...

Slowly getting used to Roon, I hate the break in period with new ships especially when I know they are good.  After Hipper I figured I'd hit the ground running but I'm still adjusting to the chase oriented armament.

Oh and apparently making racial slurs based on your ship is a thing.  Though the ignorant stupidity is compounded when they choose a Korean oriented slur because I'm skippering Myōkō.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 09:45:23 pm by StarSlayer »

Offline Enioch

Oh and apparently making racial slurs based on your ship is a thing.  Though the ignorant stupidity is compounded when they choose a Korean oriented slur because I'm skippering Myōkō.

Whut.

Which server is that? I've seen nothing like that in EU.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Mmm... invisible nerf hand! My koni is suspiciosly failing to pen cits on omahas and other yummy softy targets.
Might be me just getting horrible luck, but damn! How much bad luck can one have before pressing that exit button?
el hombre vicio...

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Mmm... invisible nerf hand! My koni is suspiciosly failing to pen cits on omahas and other yummy softy targets.
Might be me just getting horrible luck, but damn! How much bad luck can one have before pressing that exit button?
a Lot
This game frequently infuriates me. My last bout of incoherent rage against bull**** rng was when a nagato parked himself fully broadside exposed infront of me (also in a nagato), at 7km. After the nagato a new mexico did the same. That game I scored 39 hits out of 139 shots fired, with only 1 citadel.
I think you can figure out from those numbers how my shot dispersion went that game.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Enioch

Given your stats, Spoon, I assume fully upgraded Nagato with accuracy mod?

If so, yeeesh.

EDIT re RNG: This is why IJN DDs are my favourite class. Torpedoes do not suffer from RNG. You can miss because your enemy outlayed you, or because you made a mistake, but you cannot miss because a random bit was flipped somewhere in a mainframe.

IJN cruisers a close second because base accuracy + Accuracy mod = laser-like shells.

What does it say that my highest average WTR is with Battleships ? :nervous:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 12:16:49 pm by Enioch »