Author Topic: What are some in-progress campaigns I should keep my eye on??  (Read 1288 times)

What are some in-progress campaigns I should keep my eye on??
Hello there! Haven't posted on the forums much at all, so this is also kind of a hello to everyone. XD

But yeah, pretty much what the topic says. What are some good in-progress campaigns that I should be keeping my eye on, or really, what is currently in progress in general? I've got my eyes on The Scroll of Atankharzim. I believe a sequel to Shadow Genesis is in progress (?), and I'm not sure if Blue Planet is still being worked on.

Can you guys also recommend some lengthy, and high-quality campaigns as well? I've played The Aftermath: Reboot, Shadow Genesis, and Blue Planet, Derelict, Wings of Dawn (as well as the reboot episodes; Episode 2 was amazing) and...some more, I am sure. I feel like I've already played most of 'em, but maybe I missed or overlooked something. Also played a load of short to medium campaigns (3-10 missions or somewhere around in that range) that were pretty good.

Basically, what's the best of the best in you guys' opinion?

MOD EDIT: OP was a spam bot, this past was copied, but it's spawned legit discussion, so topic had been left open and the bot banned.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 10:07:54 am by Black Wolf »

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Re: What are some in-progress campaigns I should keep my eye on??
Shadow Genesis was dropped completely, and no sequel will happen. Me and my team are not interested in developing Shadow Genesis anymore.

If I ever release more campaigns, it's likely to be something associated with Exile.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Between the Ashes would be my recommendation.

If interested in total conversions, and Star Wars, Fate of the Galaxy. Hop on our Discord to say hi if you feel like, and ask questions in you have any.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
 The Scroll of Atankharzim

check this one out too
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

The Scroll of Atankharzim

check this one out too

While I agree on that for a reason... it might take a long while... :nervous:

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
If I ever release more campaigns, it's likely to be something associated with Exile.

Is this because serendipity dropped a new Exile story editor into your lap? (And I apologize to everyone for bringing to all of you the image of me sitting on Nyctaeus' lap, but it couldn't be helped.) :D
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

Is this because serendipity dropped a new Exile story editor into your lap? (And I apologize to everyone for bringing to all of you the image of me sitting on Nyctaeus' lap, but it couldn't be helped.) :D
It's because I still want to develop something in Exile continuity one day...

...and new, possible projects will require somebody to handle writing :]
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue

It's because I still want to develop something in Exile continuity one day...

...and new, possible projects will require somebody to handle writing :]

Then I guess it's good that I volunteered to help you out with those possible plot wrinkles in Exile's later episodes, isn't it?  ;7

Not to mention that I might actually be writing said episodes, assuming the rest of the Exile authors don't return to HLP...I'm wondering where they're at. :nervous:
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline spart_n

• I am the labeller of CringeTM and KinoTM
    • Steam
Solaris 2
Beneath the Ashes 2
Shepherds