Author Topic: Cumulative build  (Read 8802 times)

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
Originally posted by Trivial Psychic
I ask again... is PhReAk's 6-ships in loadout wings present in this build?

no i haven't committed the code and i probably won't get around to it until saturday.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
hey, WMC, i can't find the "show ship" flag and the "3d loadout" flags. help?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
"show ship" goes in ships.tbl, in the flags variable for the ship you want it to work for.

The 3D loadout flag isn't really a flag at all, it's in the launcher as "use models for ship selection", under Gameplay.
-C

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
forgive for being n00b, but you've lost me on the "show ship" thing.

[EDIT] nevermind, i just figured it out.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 06:44:41 pm by 2299 »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
hmm. i just tried it out... kinda screwy, ain't it? it just looks weird. and don't ask why.

here's an idea for your next build. why don't you make modelled HUD seen in the FS1 intro? that would be so awesome.

Offline WMCoolmon

Unfortunately that's not possible without some sort of render-to-texture function - though you could just take a screenshot of the HUD and use it to make a texture, if you really wanted something like that.

Has anybody run into the stack corruption error with this build? I'm hoping that was fixed with the OGG stuff.
-C

Is it possible to combine the OGL code from this build? It'd be nice for us ATI users :
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,29087.0.html

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Originally posted by RangerKarl
Is it possible to combine the OGL code from this build? It'd be nice for us ATI users :
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,29087.0.html

The code (the OGL stuff anyway) from that build is in CVS so this build should have it.  The only exception is that I realized the -rlm option did not get put in CVS since I added the registry option instead of the cmdline option.  I'll fix that for future builds but you can use add a DWORD value of "1" for the name "OGLRealisticLightModel" under "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Volition\Freespace2" for this build to get the same effect.

If you have to ask how to do that then I would advise against doing it. ;)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
you know what? i think i just might be able to pull of the cockpit thing. hey, WMC, if it turns out right, wanna include it in your next build?

sorry for the OT.

Offline WMCoolmon

As long as it's a code modification, sure...
-C

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
code mod? :confused:

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
As in write / edit C++ (i.e. the code) so it clips the cockpit model correctly at the short view range..

EEEK!!!
No RLM OPTION *HYPERVENTILATES*
AIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Errr.
Growl.
*opens Registry Editor*
Heh heh...well i guess I should go edit my post in that other thread about not testing builds unless Taylor's OGL stuff is in it LOL. DWORD added to Registry...I'll look at the HTL Deimos first, its the most obvious test of whether RLM is on or not. If its on, the shine is smaller and smoother, and the rear actually looks like metal. If RLM is off, the shine covers the entire top of the ship when rotated and never a smaller area (read: it looks UGLY, im never going back to non-RLM, you hear me!? NEVER!!)

Ahem...Can't wait to try all these cool features...ummm one thing though, 3d cockpit --- umm....arent the cockpit cameras located in dead center of ship and slightly off from the location of the actual ship's cockpit?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2005, 04:02:20 pm by 1644 »

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Mmh? I wanted to try that build, but it says that DevIL.dll is missing. What's that?
SCREW CANON!

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
put the build in your FS2 main directory. it should work then.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Nico
Mmh? I wanted to try that build, but it says that DevIL.dll is missing. What's that?

Basically it's a dll that certain builds need to run. I believe it comes with 3.6.5 so you should be able to get it if you donwload that.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Mav

Originally posted by Nico

There's a separate link for it in the 3.6.5 thread.
-__ o_O___O_o
I______O_O_______dragons
________o

-----------------------------------
capship shields DO WORK !!!
my models, now with pics
test mission for commanding capships
-----------------------------------
suffering from a late stage of BoE-infection - DON'T call a doctor, it's too late for that anyway ;o)