Author Topic: BattleTech LP: Hard Light Marines  (Read 51140 times)

Offline Patriot

Re: MegaMek and MekHQ general topic, also LP
Scourge, Juliet was your sexy loader, not Ellada, she's the driver of the Hunter :D

Scourge, Juliet was your sexy loader, not Ellada, she's the driver of the Hunter :D

Noted, and edited. Also: MUUUUUUUUD!

Offline Patriot

Alright, our first month of hunting Pirate Scum is over!

All in all, i'd have to say we didn't do too bad, we won 2 battles and lost 1, which brings us to a +1 in contract score if i'm not mistaken, so that's good.

We also rolled the Reinforcements Event, which gives the Morale Roll i have to do a -1 modifier for the Enemy, bringing it to a total of -3(-2 for being a pirate enemy, -1 for Green skill and +1 again for us being D Rated)

I rolled for a decrease in enemy morale from Normal to Low, meaning less chance of a regular battle, which should be nice. Considering the Phoenix is currently undergoing a nice modification. Sparda will fill you in on that, as it's his fluff to do.

I went and put Scotty to work buying a QKD-4G Quickdraw, which he succeeded in. Should be delivered sometime later this week, which is ok, cause no battles again this week :D

Dragon, that Quickdraw is being shoved under your butt. :)

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Losses are -2 to contract score; we should have broken even unless the rules have changed.

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Heee. SRMs. Love that missile death.

If we get a big mech for LRM support and need a volunteer to drive it, right here. :P
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I always liked the QKD chassis, though given its combat abilities I'm not completely sure why...
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
The newest 3145 tech finally gave us a Quickdraw that's actually good; your years of hope have been realized.

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
So am I still chumming around the MechBay without a ride?  If so that makes me very sad.  I want to make big boom.

Personal Log:

F**kin' Wasps... that dickspigot shot me in the ass.  I'm crushing the next Wasp I find.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

That fluffy write-up will have to wait until I sober up and talk with Patriot about the modifications to my Mech because right now I don't remember being told what they are, if he even did. 

EDIT: He just told me the mods are DHS, removal of non-engine sinks, removal of JJ's, add a ton and a half of armor, 3 medium lasers, and the SRM's swapped out for a trio of Streaks.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 11:46:01 am by SpardaSon21 »
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Patriot

Losses are -2 to contract score; we should have broken even unless the rules have changed.

In that case, we're breaking even. I found the resolution bit just now, was on the Contract Generation tab, i was looking in Campaign System xD
And yeah, breaking even.

Also something i JUST figured out(this version is somewhat confusing compared to 2.25) how to get a Base Assault mission. We have to roll a 101 for a normal battle type roll. This is achieved via the morale rating's +5 boost from being a level under normal morale. So we might see a Base Assault mission this month, we might not(if we even get a battle to begin with)

So am I still chumming around the MechBay without a ride?  If so that makes me very sad.  I want to make big boom.

If you checked the first post, where the roster is, you would've known that you were put into a JVN-10F Javelin, the Medium Laser variant. This is to be modified with Double Heat Sinks at least. I want to do Pulse Lasers on it(mediums) but it's Tech lvl 4 and Pirate Hunt contracts can only net you lvl 3 equipment. In any case, anything you'd  like to see(i'll have 2 tonnes available immediately, don't need 24 heat capacity, haha) just name it and i'll see what i can do. DHS are lvl 2 btw, to my surprise, while regular type lasers(all sizes) are lvl 3 O.o
Note: There is a Javelin version that has the SRM6 and 2 Streak SRM2s and CASE to defend the engine against ammo blow-ups. Not sure of the specifics, but i have plenty of TROs to find that out.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Dragon, gimme a preference of new mech, but something reasonable please.
What do you mean by "reasonable"? :) My first choice would be Awesome, but I don't know if that's available right now. If it isn't, I'll be happy in any assualt mech or a heavy PPC boat.

Offline Patriot

Ahem, Dragon :P

Offline Patriot

Double Post, because good news everyone!

In a stroke of good luck, our recruitment roll netted us a regular MW with FWL background(i thought, why not try that table eh?) Came with a heavy, WHM-6R :3

Also, 2nd Lance has to do a Stand Up against these pirates.
Enemy lance weight is 2 Light Lances, 1 vehicle, 1 Mech(1 Mech Lance is mandatory)

Ought to be a cakewalk, what with having an SRM MurderMech, Night in the Shadow Hawk and a Panther and Wolfhound(armed with a PPC mind you) doin the killing.

Nevertheless, our employer saw the drop in morale as an excellent oppurtunity to reward us with a small monetary sum of 100.000 C-Bills, provided the battle is over quickly enough(12 rounds)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.

Ahem, Dragon :P
Oh, missed that post. :) Quickdraw is fine, I guess.

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
2nd Lance has to do a Stand Up against these pirates.
Enemy lance weight is 2 Light Lances, 1 vehicle, 1 Mech(1 Mech Lance is mandatory)

Ought to be a cakewalk, what with having an SRM MurderMech, Night in the Shadow Hawk and a Panther and Wolfhound(armed with a PPC mind you) doin the killing.

Nevertheless, our employer saw the drop in morale as an excellent oppurtunity to reward us with a small monetary sum of 100.000 C-Bills, provided the battle is over quickly enough(12 rounds)
Lock and load, Night's Howlers! It's time to earn our paychecks...
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
Lock and load, Night's Howlers! It's time to earn our paychecks...
Good luck, people. Shoot straight, and if you can't do that, shoot often!
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Missilesmissilesmissilesmissilesmissiles! :D
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Sure, as long as you've got a weapon(or lance mate with said weapon) to punch holes through armour for all those SRMs to hit & crit in.  Cue the light's with PPCs :D
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Patriot

Enemy Units:

ASN-21
PXH-1
WSP-1A
STG-3R

Pegasus Scout Hover
Harasser Missile
Striker SRM variant
Scorpion ML variant

Our BV: 4229
Their BV: 3859

Our Tonnage: 180
Their total tonnage: 245

Double Legger Award: Hobbie for kicking the Wasp's leg from under him right after blowing the Assassin's leg from under it with a few well placed Medium Laser hits
Missile Murder Award: Hobbie for obvious reasons
Sniper: Ralwood for hitting 12s constantly with the PPC and/or Med Lasers
Consistency Award: Niffiwan for making his PPC hits count EVERY SINGLE ROUND, including Round 1 where a 12 was needed to leave the enemy Pegasus stunned from the hit.
Tactical Missile Placement Award: Night for tearing off an arm with a single SRM Missile on a 12 to hit on the Phoenix Hawk, destroying the Right Torso to do so.

Kills

Hobbie: Wasp(Immobilization, still counts, Round 8), Assassin(Core-kick, Round 9), Pegasus(Missile Murdering to blow the Peg's missile bin, talk about irony. Round 10)
Night: Harasser(Converged Medium Laser hits, Round 11)
Niffiwan: Scorpion ML(SRM hit to the side, Round 10)
Ralwood: Phoenix Hawk(Core-kick from behind, a lot of internal damage done to it, Round 9)

Salvage: ASN-21(Sold off immediately)

Out of curiosity, after the absolutely indisputable win in Round 11 i decided to do a hard save(not an autosave, though it's on Paranoid autosave) and see what would happen with Hobbie(he was prone after a failed PSR with a damaged Gyro while running), as he was right next to the Stinger.

Turns out calling victory in Round 11 rather than try and nail that Stinger in Round 12 saved Hobbie's life, so officially he's not dead, though it was close to being a fall-over Missile Murder self destruction.

Epic Missile Murder Rampage by Hobbie :D

Offline Patriot

Double post, because good news/bad news incoming!

Good news, we might get our big-ass paycheck real soon. Base Assault for 1st Lance!!
The bad news is the following.

Battle Type:
Base Assault

Enemy Lances
6 Meds

Lance Types
1 Vehicle
3 Mixed
2 Mech

Lance Compositions
LLMM <-- Vehicle
MMMM <-- Mixed
MMMH <-- Mixed
MMMM <-- Mech
LMMM <-- Mixed
MMMH <-- Mech

Allied Lance compositions
MHHH
HHHA

That's right, a crapton of enemy units, and i haven't even rolled the Civvy units yet xD

Dropped Sparda into that free WarHammer we got with a new MechWarrior, cause Phoenix is being remodeled. That upped us to Assault Lance, meaning allied lances would be Heavy lances. Both Mech Lances though, so that's good news :D

Also, City fighting galore on a daylight moderately rainy day