Author Topic: Upcoming models (The old Model Release Redux)  (Read 241546 times)

Re: Upcoming models (The old Model Release Redux)
Stalker rebuilt from the ground up WIP.  This time it based more on the actual 3ds file rather than just the pics I saw at the time. 
I'm still stuck with the nose cockpit bridge area, just looks soooo awkward.  The tail engine section is coming out really nice though

Heavy fighter

That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Nice. I think that the cockpit is fine. The Stalker always had a tall, blocky nose.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
like dragon says it looks ok, kind of reminds me of 70s era jet fighters, but at the same time I know what you mean.  I suppose if you want you could extend the front of the cockpit down perhaps as a twin seater

[attachment deleted by ninja]
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Hmmm I do like that... very unique cockpit layout.  I'll give it a spin and see.

Here's what the original real model looks like: http://www.wcnews.com/wcpedia/Karnenan_Heavy_Fighter_PR03

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Well your idea didn't quite work, there's not enough height between the pilot and copilot, but this looks better
Weapon load-out so far: 2 ions, 2 particles and 2 cloudbursts, no rear turret (no room)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
* Dekker can hear Halo music   :nervous:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Cool! :yes:
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
looking good scooby
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Released and the Stilleto is starting to be painted.

Because of the general size of the ship and shape, it's way way too big for a light fighter unless pilots were 4' tall and 50 pounds.  Switched out the mass drivers with dust cannons and added a pair of lasers.  Tada a sleek light interceptor that can dish out a lot of pain quick.

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
Because of the general size of the ship and shape, it's way way too big for a light fighter unless pilots were 4' tall and 50 pounds.  Switched out the mass drivers with dust cannons and added a pair of lasers.  Tada a sleek light interceptor that can dish out a lot of pain quick.

I always thought it was just horrendously over-engined for its size.
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Scooby, can You show us the Frankenship you've mentioned in Colony Ship thread? I'm really interested...
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Here's the lastest (from 2010) version of it

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
sweet, would you mind uploading a file of it, I must admit having looked at the image I wouldnt mind taking a closer look if thats ok with you

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
An interesting design, though definitely not a traditional battleship I'd like to have in the Confed lineup. Though it'd fit as a science/exploration vessel.

One of these days/yeras I'll get it up and running, mind you it's over 120km long, yes km.  You can literally land multiple Orions in the front hanger bay, in fact turn on the side you can even put the Collosus in there LOL.  The detailing work is no-where's near enough, as is.  It's kinda a goof-off ship when I get bored LOL.  I have no idea how to texture it, it'll have to be tiled map that much I do know.

An interesting design, though definitely not a traditional battleship I'd like to have in the Confed lineup. Though it'd fit as a science/exploration vessel.
Really has nothing to do with wing commander, you'll see a miss-mash of ships from different sci-fi's in there: wing commander, b5, homeworld, star wars, deadspace1, inferno,  star trek, although it is missing BSG and stargate now that i think of it.

Offline Lorric

So does that mean it has capital ship sized fighters inside it?

Imagine being chased around in your fighter by another fighter the size of a capital ship. And the amount of collisions that go on in FS2... :D

Pretty much... actually think of it as a very mobile starbase.  You can be flying in a fighter docking with a capital ship who's docking with the mothership.

I had it ingame once years ago, back then z-buffering was a MASSIVE problem, especially when you starting going far away from the ship.

Stiletto

Upgraded from a light fighter with twin mass drivers to a light interceptor with dual dust cannons and twin lasers.