Author Topic: TinyPic.com is shutting down in 2019, users encouraged to move to Photobucket.  (Read 1705 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
TinyPic.com is shutting down in 2019, users encouraged to move to Photobucket.
You can see the message if you visit the site:  http://tinypic.com/

Re: TinyPic.com is shutting down in 2019, users encouraged to move to Photobucket.
Finally~
I always get aggresive when I end up on that virus website. If Photobucket would close now too with its stupid watermarks..

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Re: TinyPic.com is shutting down in 2019, users encouraged to move to Photobucket.
Years of flooding the internet with neverending stream of memes, ship images, strange graphics are going to hell... About time.

It's a little shame, because unlike photobucket or imageshack etc. it was remaining viable option for years. It was buggy as hell, with ads containing malware but it worked.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
For a second I misread that as TinyURL and not TinyPic, made me think of this: https://xkcd.com/1698/
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
I've been using uBlock for so long I can't remember not using it, so I never had any problems with malware ads.  Before that I was using AdBlock Plus, so...  yeah, they complained about dwindling ad revenue.  Gee, I wonder why.  :rolleyes:

If users could trust ads to remain unobtrusive, hopefully relevant to the interests of visitors to that page, and clean, instead of offering fake download buttons on file sharing sites, and drive-by downloads using exploits, then we wouldn't be in this mess.  But, alas, we are.

Yeah, I liked TinyPic as (with an adblocker) it's rather easy and no-frills compared with other sites.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Imgur FTW.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Demolition day has apparently arrived, some of our older pics from the highlight section are broken now. :lol: