Author Topic: if you like Freespace 2 then you'll like...  (Read 7541 times)

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Re: if you like Freespace 2 then you'll like...
If i can't buy it brand new off the internet from a retailer with good ratings, them i'm not buying it online :)
And there you go easy as that.
However, i did buy a refurbished logitech quickcam messenger from an online retailer with good ratings on amazon before, they had good ratings, and actual people who left real opinions as opposed to "great products" "fast delivery"...really unspecific fake ratings which you should avoid retailers with those.
That refurbished webcam has served me 3 years perfectly working as the retailer said it would be, and still working great, after all, it's a webcam, what the **** is going to go wrong with it. Unless you smash it with a hammer or electrically surge the damn thing, nothing specific is going to happen to a ****ing webacm :lol:
I can see an unplugged webcam surviving being dunked in water, provided you open it up so it can dry out properly...first ethernet card i had was an isa piece of **** that worked great for lan games that i grabbed out of the alaskan snow...just let it dry off, and i convinced my brother to use the other one i grabbed out of the snow i also let dry out. They worked fine. Water damage does vary in some cases though....
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Off-Word-Resource base (ORB) is completely superior to homeworld (I never played homeworld 2, so I don''t know about that, but since ORB was released shortly after Homeworld (with a 2/3 year production cycle, so its not a clone), It shouldn't be compared to that.

Unfortanly, ORB suffered from the same thing that hit FS2, it wasn't popular (probably because Homeworld was advertised much better)

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Just looked at it, I think it looks too much like Homeworld: Ion trails from the engine exhaust, ion beams up the whazoo (Though I don't see any mass drivers of any sort on it), and the stranger thing is that how many ships I can see that look deadly familiar to other ships, because I swear I see ships that look like Storm Petrels from Edge of Chaos, Steltek Drones from Privateer, Xenon N / M's from X3: Reunion (Well I'm sure this came before X3), one of the big ships looks a lot like a Cardassian Military Freighter, and I'm not sure but there's a ship that looks a bit like the Cutlass from Tachyon: The Fringe, if that one frigate looking ship's front went down more you'd have a Tallahassee Cruiser (Wing Commander 3 / 4), and I'm not sure what to say about the ship that's part Hammerhead (Space: Above and Beyond) and Dragon Heavy Fighter (Wing Commander 4)...oh it's a cruiser...and a Starlancer Jump Gate? No...not enough junk sticking out. The in-game control panel looks so much like Homeworld's is isn't even close to funny. All I can say is this game literally followed Interplay's slogan: Made by gamers, for gamers. These guys probably played every space simulator to that date when they made ORB.

The one thing i liked about Starlancer were the guns on the fighters. Those blazing automatic guns that seemed to shake the whole fighter, very reminding of the Maxim Cannons. Whenever i was going up against a cruiser or corvette, i had at least one of my gunbanks packing maxims. Turret and a hull buster.

Starlancer -was- fun, but went too quick, and had a rather crappy storyline, kinda like an 'intergalactic cold war.'

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I quite liked the storyline, the take-offs and in-game engine set-pieces were a nice'ish touch. but i felt the landings were too automated.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png