Author Topic: FSF: Tech demo  (Read 12550 times)

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Originally posted by Silver_Scythe
Fine......
How about for the real thing if it ever happens :rolleyes: :D

well, you see the little "if" there? :D
I don't want to be pessimistic, but anyway, IF it was to go to a final thing, well, it wouldn't be anytime soon anyway... not even anytime later for that matter :p
SCREW CANON!

Offline Inquisitor

We shall see.

That's fine for now, Ryx, unless you want to put a pretty ship blasting things into dust :)

I just needed something other than my bad programmer art :)
No signature.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
While the cats away the rumors will fly - i was mad because he didn't ASK me, it seemed to my like hijacking because he didn't ask.. if he would have simply come to me, tell me what his idea was i would have said "fine, cool, great idea *pat on the back*" this isn't the first time i've told you people this - like i said before communication[/i]
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline Inquisitor

Yes, and attitude. You could have JUST as easily emailed me.

The demo is based on somethign *I* built before you "owned" this idea, so, lets just be crystal clear on where this came from. I had a license for TQ, I put a Uly in my build for grins, so I thought maybe, I could show people it wasn;t impossible to grab an engine, provided some familiarity with it, and make something for people to look at. Sorta a new perspective from the same old "what I wish was better about FS2" song. Something to instill some community confidence, and something for the programmer types to say "gee, that could be better."

Next time I offer something for free, think about it before you go off, okay? Lifes too short.

We done with this?
No signature.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
yes we're done.
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Originally posted by IceFire
open development forum

http://fsforever.netfirms.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi
I'd like some feedback on this, at least "Trash it, we're not gonna use it!" :doubt:
-C

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Yes, and attitude. You could have JUST as easily emailed me.

Oh but then he doesn't know if you got the e-mail and you could "use it against" him.

Communication is also a two way street...don't forget that :)

WMCoolmon: That means I have to sign up for ANOTHER forum??? :)  I already have the guys from RedFaction2.net or something spamming my mail about joinging their forum...which im not (because of the spamming).  I'll lurk a bit at your forum anyways.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Originally posted by IceFire

Oh but then he doesn't know if you got the e-mail and you could "use it against" him.

Communication is also a two way street...don't forget that :)

WMCoolmon: That means I have to sign up for ANOTHER forum??? :)  I already have the guys from RedFaction2.net or something spamming my mail about joinging their forum...which im not (because of the spamming).  I'll lurk a bit at your forum anyways.

No one's used it yet, I'd like to get some sort of response...no use having it up if it's not going to be used.
-C

Offline Inquisitor

Smart alec ;) Yes, and i was actually gonna get around to it today.Not everything has to operate in internet time ;)  Bah, nevermind, done and done ;)

I'm gonna harvest the pics from Ryx, maybe I should start another topic on the subject with just the content, not the crap?
No signature.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
ICQ me if you do so I can stick it up :nod:

Offline Ryx

• Twilight Falling
  • Away in RL land. Back later.
Intel C2D E6850|4Gb RAM|Abit IP35 PRO|ATI X1900 XT

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
How about having the text flat, with a nice glowy outline and ship renders filling each letter?
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Originally posted by an0n
How about having the text flat, with a nice glowy outline and ship renders filling each letter?

But then what's the point in doing it in "THREE-DEE"-SMax?  

--TurboNed
"It is the year 2000, but where are the flying cars? I was promised flying cars! I don't see any flying cars. Why? Why? Why?" - [size=-2]Avery Brooks from an IBM commercial[/size]

I don't know abything about programming but with the FS2 source code realse, why don't we just upgrade that one instead of making an entirly new engine?

Offline HotSnoJ

• Knossos Online!
    • http://josherickson.org
I have some ideas for the physics. Don't care if you use them or flame me for postin' them.

1. The accelaration of a ship should be related to how much mass it has, not what (in this case) tbl file says. So a guy who tweaks his game will have to change the mass (instead of the damp) of his bomber to make it as fast and agile as a fighter.

2. This is not really related to physics. You can put thrusters on like they did for the Apollo space craft (the real world kind that NASA built) - in other words 'directional thrust'. That way you can really get the feel for rolling, banking, and yawing.

3. When you finnaly destroy a ship the debris keeps going in the direction when that ship blew up. Kinda like this.

(Ship is moving this > way.) Legend #=ship .=debris <=direction of debris -=path of ship before explosion - the ~ are for spacing.

~~~~~~~~~~.
~~~.
# < - - - - - - - - -
~~~.
~~~~~~~~~~.

The debris is blown at a small angle to what the original path of the ship.

Hope this makes it in.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2002, 07:21:10 am by 516 »
I have big plans, now if only I could see them through.

LiberCapacitas duo quiasemper
------------------------------
Nav buoy - They mark things

Offline delta_7890

• Your Node Is Mine
Originally posted by Ace Pace
I don't know abything about programming but with the FS2 source code realse, why don't we just upgrade that one instead of making an entirly new engine?

Agreed, I'm sure it would shave off at least a little bit of time.
~Delta

and if the new engine still stands make it soemthing that dosn't need the newest thing around, make soemthing like Voodo 3 be able to play it.

Offline Inquisitor

Back, I should have this demo in a day or 2, unless people don't want to see it?
No signature.

Originally posted by Inquisitor
Back, I should have this demo in a day or 2, unless people don't want to see it?

Well, I'm only 'person', not 'people', but I wanna see it.  (-:

--TurboNed
"It is the year 2000, but where are the flying cars? I was promised flying cars! I don't see any flying cars. Why? Why? Why?" - [size=-2]Avery Brooks from an IBM commercial[/size]

Offline HotSnoJ

• Knossos Online!
    • http://josherickson.org
Another idea.

Per bay load out.

Certian bays can only hold certian weapons.

Example of what it might be in the tbl files.
Pbank ( "whatever" "whatever" ) ("Whatever2")
I have big plans, now if only I could see them through.

LiberCapacitas duo quiasemper
------------------------------
Nav buoy - They mark things