Author Topic: RELEASE: FS2 Stock Missions with Lightspeed Nebulae  (Read 33759 times)

Offline ShivanSpS

Re: RELEASE: FS2 Stock Missions with Lightspeed Nebulae
Other one in the Colossus vs Sathanas, the Sathanas only attack whichtheir main gun if there any left... their dont use the other beams to attack the Colossus when in range :S

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Other one in the Colossus vs Sathanas, the Sathanas only attack whichtheir main gun if there any left... their dont use the other beams to attack the Colossus when in range :S
Speaking of High Noon, why does command say the Collosus was badly damaged when the Sathanas never fired a shot off?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Yes, another oddity, as is the panic stricken messages that come in as the Colossus blasts what is essentially a defenseless hulk to bits.  Changing this would require new voice acting, however.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Kaboodles

• Kill the meat. Save the metal.
Maybe they want to kill it as fast as possible in case its guns grow back?  :lol:

I guess the damage comes from frying their reactors trying to shoot off every beam at once.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
("Heat sinks were not made for this kind of abuse, Command! We'll melt down our cannons if we push any harder."

Followed by them pushing harder.

The worry was that the Sathanas could have recharged its jump engines and left.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline ShivanSpS

("Heat sinks were not made for this kind of abuse, Command! We'll melt down our cannons if we push any harder."

Followed by them pushing harder.

The worry was that the Sathanas could have recharged its jump engines and left.

Thats easy to aswer, the Colossus damaged the Sathanas jump drivers :P

But I still wondering why the Sathanas never shoot which their other turrets? their never gets intro range?

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Nope the Colossus and Sathanas never get within two kilometers of each other in that mission I don't believe

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Seems to be a bug in "Rebels & Renegades" too.

Friendly pilots no longer preserve their orders to protect the Iceni and Hinton.  I found myself in the asteroid belt with no help, trying to defend the Iceni from the 4 billion asteroids that want to collide with it.  Not fun.  I don't remember this issue in the stock missions, either.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Yes, I hate that mission, it's really hard.. even on very easy, for me atleast.

Another thing with the mission is the Hinton and the Iceni jump to the same coordinates, at the same time, so the Hinton gets mashed to bits after you've worked very hard to protect it from that stupid Sobek that gets within 5 meters (exaggeration) of it and almost always destroys it with its lasers. I don't know if that's been fixed or not, last time I played the main campaign was in September, I'm playing the main campaign again just to see if it's been fixed.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
For "Rebels and Renegades", I've always had to extract the mission and protect-ship the Hinton so it survives.  Otherwise it gets wasted by the Sobek.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Tempest

• The Star Wars Conversion
    • The Fate of the Galaxy - SWC
There's a typo in "Love the Treason".

"Thanks to our heist, the Sunder is now in allied custody. With our scan of the Iceni and the capture of the rebel transport, the GTVI can begin to unravel the secret of Bosch's ETAK project.

The destruction of the Hamaka forced our hand. The rebs are now ..."

It's supposed to be Hammako.
"... and the klingons also were the soviet's space program. i mean can you really believe that a bunch of communist farmers can make rockets like that?"
-Axem

My photobucket: with all my shiny new stuff on it! http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o116/Tempest_77/

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It's supposed to be Hammako.
Actually, it's supposed to be Hamako.

Offline ShivanSpS

LOL? something is wrong which the Last mission...

The Supernova starts at 11.20 or 12.10? I didt remember,  well, anyway... I just play it and command NEVER tell me anything about the Supernova!.... and I justanding at the Node waiting for the supernova warning and that NEVER happend!, instead their just send me to the Cutscenes at the 11.50 min.... (and even more anoying, the endmovie1 was showed in a GREN TINT!, yeah GREN!, I have no idea of what was that).

No Supernova Speech, no countdown, no anything.

Anyway, check the last mission, is must be something about the order of the killing the bombers, for exsample, the 4 argos come in before I able destroy the 2 waves of Taurvis.

I Very sure that the Supernova was tigger early, because for that time the Hipponi*, well wharever is name, they didt jump, and I remember that when the Supernova is tigger, that ship finish the waypoint and jump.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 11:45:10 am by ShivanSpS »

Offline ShivanSpS

no ideas? Im not crazy right? :S

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Actually, this may be because of the fact that I added more than one sun to Capella in the interest of realism.  IIRC there was an issue with the supernova code when more than one sun is present in a system.  I thought that this had been fixed, but perhaps not.  Delete the red sun from the background, and see if the problem is eliminated.

Fixed the Hamako spelling, and will add the Hinton waypoint path  to the List O Bugs.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

In another post, you mentioned that the issue with the Aeolus and Sobek not firing their heavy beams in "Their Finest Hour" would be fixed.  Could you tell me if this is the case?  And when is the next release of the pack?

Thanks

Must... have... an ... mirror

Offline ShivanSpS

just use filefront.

Offline Centrixo

the 'mistery of the trinity', when your about to launch you get the NTC Trinity's captian talking when its supposed to be the GTD Aquitaine talking. on another mission i cant remember the name, one of the pilots has the wrong ani head.

anyone notice these?
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

just use filefront.

I ment I couldn't download it... link is down.