Author Topic: Bad campaign ideas  (Read 6649 times)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Ok let's hear them. Campaigns you thought about doing and then thought better of it. Or maybe silly campaigns that you'd like to see made just for comedy value.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Anything involving flying a Sharlin, or a Warlock. And having control of the main guns.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
A raider campaign, flying from the side of the raiders, any mission involving an assault on the EA or any other "proper" team = suicide/
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Any re-creations of events in "Legend of the Rangers".
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
A raider campaign, flying from the side of the raiders, any mission involving an assault on the EA or any other "proper" team = suicide/

You can do that in BHX and yes it is rubbish.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
I once wrote a rough script for a 10-mission raider campaign. But always flying in the Zephyr wouldn't be much fun, especially against Starfuries.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
I once had a centauri vs. centauri campaign in mind...
--you know battling other centauri nobles for the influnce in the Centaurum and a place at the Emperor's side which "rightfully yours"--
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
--you know battling other centauri nobles for the influnce in the Centaurum and a place at the Emperor's side which "rightfully yours"--

Turn the thing into a full blown civil war and you've got a good idea for a campaign. You could even do the non-linear thing to it and have a map of Centauri systems and have rival houses fight for rulership. Something like Defender of the Crown.

Offline 0rph3u5

You could even do the non-linear thing to it and have a map of Centauri systems and have rival houses fight for rulership.

Don't temp me! I've got 3 other campaings on the go (Awakening of the Beast; The Black Hand - Ep. 2; First Contact) and I'm updating one ( http://www.tbp.relichost.net/forum/index.php?topic=25.0 )

but... if I had a B5 starchart (the link on the TBP page is not responding) I could provide you with a concept for that --
I'll run a couple of turns to see how centauri ships stand against another...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Don't temp me! I've got 3 other campaings on the go (Awakening of the Beast; The Black Hand - Ep. 2; First Contact)

Sorry man. If you were to go the non-linear strategy game route it would probably be better off in my court anyway. It would be a variation on BHXX. Rip out the code that calculates casualties and have battle results and casualties all decided by playing a mission. Giving each side one move on the game map per turn. The interface would be a pain in the ass but it's do-able. All using SEXPs and subtitle images. The AI to allow the CPU to decide what move to make on any particular turn? That's less fun :). Also do-able though. I could pick moves at random until it finds one it likes the look of. Make it less picky as time goes on so it will eventually make a move no matter what. All quite achievable. Since there are no arrays though th e number of systems would have to be kept relatively small.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Turn the thing into a full blown civil war and you've got a good idea for a campaign. You could even do the non-linear thing to it and have a map of Centauri systems and have rival houses fight for rulership. Something like Defender of the Crown.

Nah, I've canned it for now. It was replaced on my to-do-sometime-in-the-distant-future-list with a Narn vs. Centauri mini campaign with the player on the Narn side. It splits up into 2 differrent campaign paths, and the best thing is you die in both endings ;)
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
It splits up into 2 differrent campaign paths, and the best thing is you die in both endings ;)

That would have taken them by surprise ;).

Offline 0rph3u5

Nah, I've canned it for now. It was replaced on my to-do-sometime-in-the-distant-future-list with a Narn vs. Centauri mini campaign with the player on the Narn side. It splits up into 2 differrent campaign paths, and the best thing is you die in both endings ;)

that's a campaign (or any of it's kind) we all had in mind once a time, didn't we? - 2nd Narn-Centauri-War-sickness

==================

Offline aipz

• War,war never changes...
EA in Dilgar War campaign ;7
did 2 missions using proxy fighters ;)
"Another fellow pilot"

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
I've had a REALLY hard time not making a campaign where you fly interceptors at 350m/s and go into another dimension where you find swarms of Shivans, who have had all of their engines bumped to 350m/s as well.

It's like my version of BoE. An insane amount of small, fast-as-hell ships, as opposed to a large number of large, slow-as-hell ships.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline 0rph3u5

EA in Dilgar War campaign ;7

I've heard that this might become doable in the not-that-far-but-still-not-near future...

==================

Offline rynadrk

I was trying out making a Drazi campaign going from events in S1 Babylon 5 up to the shadow war.  Then skipping the shadow war and going straight to the war with the centauri.

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Why would you skip the shadow war? :wtf:
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline 0rph3u5

Why would you skip the shadow war? :wtf:

'cause it's not important?  :D

==================

Offline rynadrk

I wouldn't do it mostly because it's expected.  Other than that, I don't think there is a lot of story behind the battles of the shadow war.  Most all the battles end up being BoE in nature which I'm not a fan.  Plus there is a lot more room to tell stories between just the races of the non-aligned worlds before the shadow war then just after the shadow war.

Besides all that, I'm sick of fighting shadow vessels, I want to see some vree, brakiri, drazi fighters battling it out of border disputes.