Author Topic: 3.6.9 Release Candidate 1  (Read 16389 times)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Re: 3.6.9 Release Candidate 1
Hmmmm. I don't think it is actually. BHX is is getting ready for a release soon isn't it? In which case I'll need to submit it

Soonish. I would prefer if it worked with the the build shipped with TBP though, and TBP likes to ship with SCP release builds.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
all my sound problems have been fixed by taking out the card. maybe the card is fuxxored, so... anyways, all works properly now.

(i'm on the motherboard sound now. AC'97 :( )
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Hmmm. That errror where all the in-mission text turns into |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| seems to be back. In the debug build at least.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Karajorma, just sort of a check... what graphics card do you have? And do you have OpenGL & env mapping in use?
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Radeon 9800. OpenGL and env-mapping turned on.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
i got an interesting bug here, it looks like the bounding boxes when targetting from the hud get sorta... well, not around the target anymore. maybe its the fov bug, but i doubt it.

its a bit annoying, and get more noticeable with bigger ships in distance.

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Ok... that figures. It seems that the problem(s) appears only with that combination (ATI card & OpenGL & env).. Or rather i got it on that setup and few others have gotten it too. The problem (and related other graphical issues) is not limited to this particular build. But it seems to exists with ATI cards on all builds when OpenGL env mapping is used.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
i got an interesting bug here, it looks like the bounding boxes when targetting from the hud get sorta... well, not around the target anymore. maybe its the fov bug, but i doubt it.
Got a screenshot?  It just sounds like the old FOV bug based on your description.

Ok... that figures. It seems that the problem(s) appears only with that combination (ATI card & OpenGL & env).. Or rather i got it on that setup and few others have gotten it too. The problem (and related other graphical issues) is not limited to this particular build. But it seems to exists with ATI cards on all builds when OpenGL env mapping is used.
Doesn't surprise me all that much.  I'm trying to come up with as much info as possible to redo the FBO code in a better way.  The real problem right now is that I'm not actually sure that it is the FBO code that is the problem.  It could be envmapping in general.  Unfortunately there is no way to test this in the current code.  I am going to put out a new test build later this week to verify just this issue though.  I'll try and get some FBO changes in there at the same time, but it is pretty much to spec as it is now so I'm not quite sure what to change since you don't really get that many options with it.

Offline ME$$ENGER

• The Yellow Peril

Yup, that's the starfield corruption I mentioned in the May 17th CVS build thread (the text corruption being a part of it). Every single person that encountered this problem so far is using the R300/R350 line of graphic cards. $10 on this is an ATI OGL driver issue.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Got a screenshot?  It just sounds like the old FOV bug based on your description.

also, the build crashed whilst trying to take the 4th screenie. i was annoyed. greatly. how to fix it?

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
I've had that happen for me before. It always happened using a nonstandard resolutions above 1024x768. I noticed the same problem when i was trying to play fs2 on a widescreen tv, yes the game eventually crashed for me too. It should be as simple as going back to a standard fs2 resolution as opposed to nonstandard, and then it should be fine.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken