Author Topic: Everyone who is having issues with random white squares in D3D please test this build  (Read 7096 times)

Everyone who is having issues with random white squares in D3D please test this build
This thing really seems to work, I see white boxes no more.
Anything should be done in mantis about this bug issue? Cause I think the bug is fixed, isnt it .. :cool: :yes:

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Everyone who is having issues with random white squares in D3D please test this build
Earlier today, I tested a mission which has an explosion which never fails to create a white box.  This time, no box.  Looks like you've nipped this one in the but.  I am however, encountering the fighters-warpout-instead-of-fighterbay bug... but that's not realy a surprise.  It also appears that the subobject initial position thing, which allows turrets to be set horizontal rather than vertical, isn't working... which again, is no real surprise.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Mav

So, the problem basically was the anis/effs being assigned a completely white shinemap in D3D, sortof?
I might have a look into this, but I'll mostly stay with Goobers 0728-build for a while, as it didn't cause any major problems for me (as long as I didn't try to use my old mods, that is... :rolleyes: :( ) .

Anyway, nice to know that the problem has been tracked down and solved. :)
-__ o_O___O_o
I______O_O_______dragons
________o

-----------------------------------
capship shields DO WORK !!!
my models, now with pics
test mission for commanding capships
-----------------------------------
suffering from a late stage of BoE-infection - DON'T call a doctor, it's too late for that anyway ;o)