Author Topic: Forum game: Rules/Discussion  (Read 166035 times)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Re: Forum game: Rules/Discussion
buh, I dun goofed on those battle calculations this turn. Hopefully should be okay now.

What on Earth is that in the background in Aldebaran?

And why is the special fleet allowed to move without conquering?

I see the special fleet is taking a lot less damage than another fleet would take. Would you mind sharing the math behind that please?
a space colony
Its allowed to move because there isn't actually anything in the system that is preventing it from moving through it.
Never  :drevil:
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Lorric

buh, I dun goofed on those battle calculations this turn. Hopefully should be okay now.

What on Earth is that in the background in Aldebaran?

And why is the special fleet allowed to move without conquering?

I see the special fleet is taking a lot less damage than another fleet would take. Would you mind sharing the math behind that please?
a space colony
Its allowed to move because there isn't actually anything in the system that is preventing it from moving through it.
Never  :drevil:
Surprised the Hierarchy left it standing. It's enourmous! Is it a model or a skybox?

We've never been able to do that... maybe we should go straight for Kardoen... EDIT: no, not this turn anyway.

Oh well, I'll just have to crunch your numbers as we crunch your fleet. :D

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Flak, I'm putting you in charge of the 1st LSF (if you are willing) since Spardason is suffering from PTSD and is no longer fit for duty.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Lorric

Flak, I'm putting you in charge of the 1st LSF (if you are willing) since Spardason is suffering from PTSD and is no longer fit for duty.
I suppose this has been going on long enough and with enough of us now for it not be too surprising that some sort of real-life issue has picked one of us off. Well, I hope whatever it is, that he'll be alright.

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
One way or another, this is the endgame. The Special Fleet is powerful, but not invincible, and we still outnumber it. So, given our current strategic advantage, we've probably got this in the bag if we play our cards right. I vote that we send at least 2 of the Fomalhaut fleets to Polaris, and have them kick the 2nd Fura/Zy in the face. We can rotate fleets into Aldebaran from the South as they become available, and we should be able to beat the DoomStack by sheer weight of numbers. Frankly, I think that Sol is in more need of immediate reinforcement than Aldebaran is at this point, as we have 2 normal fleets vs. 1 powerful and 1 super-powerful enemy fleet.

Questions? Comments?

Oh, and Inspirational Leader Master of Logistics for me.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 06:29:25 pm by Lepanto »
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline Lorric

One way or another, this is the endgame. The Special Fleet is powerful, but not invincible, and we still outnumber it. So, given our current strategic advantage, we've probably got this in the bag if we play our cards right. I vote that we send at least 2 of the Fomalhaut fleets to Polaris, and have them kick the 2nd Fura/Zy in the face. We can rotate fleets into Aldebaran from the South as they become available, and we should be able to beat the DoomStack by sheer weight of numbers. Frankly, I think that Sol is in more need of immediate reinforcement than Aldebaran is at this point, as we have 2 normal fleets vs. 1 powerful and 1 super-powerful enemy fleet.

Questions? Comments?

Oh, and Inspirational Leader for me.
First, why Inspirational Leader when you're CRF? What was the other one you picked, logistics? If so, better to go with Aggressive Leader I think.

I'm crunching out some numbers right now. The three Formalhaut fleets should devastate the Fura/Zy, then they'll be in a position to move into Sol next turn. I put my thoughts on what we should do a bit further up.

Does Hartzaden get to choose two promotions?

Offline Veers

Simply because our ability is Zeal, I'd recommend going against that trait as it makes our special redundant. (Under certain circumstances, I'd understand it's usefulness however)

The 1st CRF is happy to spear head the assault into Polaris, and then move into Sol next turn. We can launch a 3 fleet attack now, and keep two there next turn. when one more reinforces Sol.

Edit: Or send in one of the SF Fleets to appease the Sol Officials.
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Lorric

Time to crunch some numbers.

Let’s start by having a look at that special fleet battle.

Special Fleet:
Fighter attack strength: 40+13=53 (40)
Capital attack strength: 25+20=45 (25)
Fighters at 100% Strength
Capital ships at 100% Strength
Morale: Normal

2nd DD Fleet:
Fighter attack strength: 20+8=28 (18+2)
Capital attack strength: 17+10=27 (17)
Fighters at 100% Strength, 3rd Gen
Inspirational Leader

End Result:
Special Fleet:
Fighter attack strength: 36+11=47 (40)
Capital attack strength: 22+18=40 (25)
Fighters at 90% Strength
Capital ships at 89% Strength

2nd DD Fleet:
Fighter attack strength: 10+5=15 (18+2)
Capital attack strength: 9+5=14 (17)
Fighters at 47% Strength, 3rd Gen
Capital ships at 55% Strength
Inspirational Leader

So the special fleet damages normally. But 28/27 has only resulted in 10/9 being inflicted. Perhaps the damage is 1/3 with low numbers rounded up (after all 1 damage is still going to be damage.)

So I guess this will happen with an attack. I’m not clear on what Lepanto has for his specials. He still gets to choose one as well I think. Assuming Zeal is used:

4th CRF Fleet:
Fighter attack strength: 20+10=30 (16+2+2)
Capital attack strength: 19+10=29 (17+2)
Fighters at 100% Strength, 3rd Gen
Morale: Very High

2nd DD Fleet:
Fighters at 47% Strength, 3rd Gen
Capital ships at 55% Strength
Inspirational Leader

Special Fleet:
Fighter attack strength: 36+11=47 (40)
Capital attack strength: 22+18=40 (25)
Fighters at 90% Strength
Capital ships at 89% Strength

End Strength:
4th CRF Fleet:
Fighters at 76% Strength, 3rd Gen
Capital ships at 80% Strength
Morale: Very High

2nd DD Fleet:
Fighters at 23% Strength, 3rd Gen
Capital ships at 35% Strength
Inspirational Leader

Special Fleet:
Fighter attack strength: 30+10=40 (30)
Capital attack strength: 19+18=37 (19)
Fighters at 75% Strength
Capital ships at 74% Strength

Next, the attack on the Fura/Zy would look like this:

1st SF Fleet:
- Fighter attack strength: 14+6=22 (18+5)
- Capital attack strength: 12+7=19 (18)
- Fighters at 50% Strength, 4th Gen
- Capital ships at 68% Strength
- Morale: Normal

4th SF Fleet:
- Fighter attack strength: 23+9=32 (18+5)
- Capital attack strength: 18+12=30 (18)
- Fighters at 100% Strength, 4th Gen
- Capital ships at 100% Strength

1st CRF Fleet:
- Fighter attack strength: 23+11=34 (16+2+3+2)
- Capital attack strength: 22+12=34 (17+3+2)
- Fighters at 100% Strength, 3rd Gen
- Capital ships at 100% Strength
- Morale: Zealous
- Aggressive Leader

2nd Combined Zy&Fura fleet
Fighter attack strength: 15+13=28 (15)
Capital attack strength: 25+8=33 (25)
Fighters at 100% Strength

End Strength:

1st SF Fleet:
- Fighters at 41% Strength, 4th Gen
- Capital ships at 57% Strength

4th SF Fleet:
- Fighters at 91% Strength, 4th Gen
- Capital ships at 89% Strength

1st CRF Fleet:
- Fighters at 91% Strength, 3rd Gen
- Capital ships at 89% Strength
- Morale: Zealous
- Aggressive Leader

2nd Combined Zy&Fura fleet
Fighters at 12% Strength
Capital ships at 17% Strength

Aldebaran, max damage output:

2nd CRF Fleet:
- Fighter attack strength: 15+7=22 (16+2+3)
- Capital attack strength: 14+8=22 (17+3)
- Fighters at 66% Strength, 3rd Gen

1st DD Fleet:
- Fighter attack strength: 21+9=30 (18+2+2)
- Capital attack strength: 18+11=29 (17+2)
- Fighters at 94% Strength, 3rd Gen
- Capital ships at 94% Strength
- Morale: High
- Inspirational Leader

2nd SF Fleet:
- Fighter attack strength: 19+7=26 (18+5+1)
- Capital attack strength: 14+10=24 (18+1)
- Fighters at 73% Strength, 4th Gen
- Capital ships at 72% Strength
- Master in Logistics

78/75 a blitz would be less powerful after damage, but even if no damage would 13/12 for a total of 91/87. That isn’t enough for the 4th Hertak at 87/92.

The Cordi are at 46/54. So down they will go. The Cordi will do 4/4 to each fleet in return.

So the Blitz on the Hertak:

2nd SF Fleet:
- Fighter attack strength: 18+7=25/2=13 (18+5+1)
- Capital attack strength: 13+9=22/2=11 (18+1)
- Fighters at 69% Strength, 4th Gen

Hertak: 78/76

And so the max damage of the Hierarchy counterattack…

1st Fura'ngle Fleet:
Fighter attack strength: 15+10=25 (16)
Capital attack strength: 20+8=28 (20)
Fighters at 96% Strength
Capital ships at 102% Strength

Hertak Flag Fleet:
Fighter attack strength: 25+18=43 (25)
Capital attack strength: 35+13=48 (35)
Fighters at 165% Strength
Capital ships at 464% Strength

4th Hertak Fleet:
Fighter attack strength: 17+12=29 (22)
Capital attack strength: 23+9=32 (30)
Fighters at 78% Strength
Capital ships at 76% Strength

97/108

That’s still enough to obliterate anyone. I wonder if we’d be better off forgetting the blitz and having the 1st DD pull out after attacking instead. That way, they’ll either do less damage to us as a whole by attacking one fleet only, or have to take two attacks instead of one. We’d then also have a more powerful 3rd fleet to go with the two fleets I hope will move up. I think we should do that instead of the Blitz, as we’ll still be able to kill the 4th Hertak in one blow.

So, everyone attacks the 3rd Cordi and kills them. The 1st DD pulls back, and me and the 2nd SF wait for the hammer to fall. I don’t think it’s a good idea to leave one fleet, as they’ll kill it and then come out of Aldebaran. It’s obvious the enemy is driving right for Sol now.

Who cares what they think? :D

Offline Veers

Considering that is our (CRF) messenger, I think it's important. :) I don't care about the politicians, just the fact it is through our chain of command. (Let's just send the brave, fearless Knights of the CRF to the rescue then)

That attack would certainly help the Sol area as the 2nd FuraZy is pretty much out of action (minus specials and curveballs). They can retreat of course, and we don't know if there are additional reinforcements inbound. My concern is holding the area then as the 1st SF is a lot weaker than I originally expected.

Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Lorric

Considering that is our (CRF) messenger, I think it's important. :) I don't care about the politicians, just the fact it is through our chain of command. (Let's just send the brave, fearless Knights of the CRF to the rescue then)

That attack would certainly help the Sol area as the 2nd FuraZy is pretty much out of action (minus specials and curveballs). They can retreat of course, and we don't know if there are additional reinforcements inbound. My concern is holding the area then as the 1st SF is a lot weaker than I originally expected.
Then we just send them a message. "We're coming! :)"

If we all pile on the Fura/Zy they can't retreat. They'd be obliterated. The only way they're retreating is if the special fleet drops back to cover them...

EDIT: In my original plan I said the 3rd CRF should head down. Maybe it should come back, I think the other two fleets can handle themselves down there.

Why is my fleet always the first one at the receiving end of overpowered Hertak attacks with new fleets?
Since I don't want to get killed again (and with 35% remaining the fleet is kinda useluss anyway) I'll join the 4th CRF attack on the special fleet and then jump to Lyrae for later resupplying.

Also: Is that "not intercepting the hostile fleet before reaching Sol" directed at me?
Spoon: Did you apply the defend and barrage bonus to my fleet for the fight? I'm kinda not seeing it in the calculation but I might also be too tired ;)
Here goes scripting and copy paste coding
Freespace RTS Mod
Checkpoint/Shipsaveload script

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Why is my fleet always the first one at the receiving end of overpowered Hertak attacks with new fleets?
Since I don't want to get killed again (and with 35% remaining the fleet is kinda useluss anyway) I'll join the 4th CRF attack on the special fleet and then jump to Lyrae for later resupplying.
I'm sorry! (Also, don't do it, just... walk away from that fight, bro.)

Also: Is that "not intercepting the hostile fleet before reaching Sol" directed at me?
No, not in particular.

Spoon: Did you apply the defend and barrage bonus to my fleet for the fight? I'm kinda not seeing it in the calculation but I might also be too tired ;)
I did, it would have been devastating against other fleets, its just your poor luck that sees most of these bonuses negated by this jerk of a special fleet.

On the subject of resupplying: It still works with sol contested, but it'll be at about 50% efficiency right now.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Lorric

Oh wait, we can Resupply, but only at 50% efficiency? Heh, this changes things a lot. The UGCR fleets should definitely Resupply then. They'll get 25% with Master of Logistics.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Should the 3rd DD + 1st LSF + 3rd SF attack the 5th Nordera and wipe them out before they can pull a kamikaze?  I thought that'd be better than stalling them with the intention of having the 3rd DD move North ASAP, the extra turn gives more time for the UGCR to resupply so hopefully 1st & 2nd UGCR can combine with the 3rd DD in an attack on the doomstack.

Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Lorric

The Nordera don't deserve that much respect given the situation. They're a petty annoyance. I did originally try to plan with their destruction in mind, but it's better to stop the Doomstack. I've even considered ignoring the Nordera completely and pulling everyone back.

The Doomstack will crush the fleets in Aldebaran given just one extra turn.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
So - 3rd DD + 3rd CRF + 3rd SF move to Virgo in preparation of attacking the Doomstack next turn? 1st & 2nd UGCR resupply+mercs ASAP in order to be ready to attack the next turn or the one after (depending on casualties)? 1st LSF holds off the Nordera for now since there's no room in Virgo for them next turn anyway?
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Lorric

So - 3rd DD + 3rd CRF + 3rd SF move to Virgo in preparation of attacking the Doomstack next turn? 1st & 2nd UGCR resupply+mercs ASAP in order to be ready to attack the next turn or the one after (depending on casualties)? 1st LSF holds off the Nordera for now since there's no room in Virgo for them next turn anyway?
I'd send the 3rd CRF to Lyrae. More enemies may spill from the portal.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Is the 2nd LSF returning to life next turn & arriving @ Sol?

Also, won't the 1st & 4th SF + 1st CRF be in position next turn to intercept portal reinforcements?

And lastly, if we don't hold the Nordera in Vega this turn, then next turn they can kamikaze & destroy either the 1st or 2nd UGCR.
----
----

Offline Lorric

Is the 2nd LSF returning to life next turn & arriving @ Sol?

Also, won't the 1st & 4th SF + 1st CRF be in position next turn to intercept portal reinforcements?

And lastly, if we don't hold the Nordera in Vega this turn, then next turn they can kamikaze & destroy either the 1st or 2nd UGCR.
There are no reinforcements on the turn report. Is it due to return? It wouldn't surprise me if returns are not allowed while Sol is blocked...

The problem is there's hardly anything in Sol. The 2nd DD is pulling out and that leaves only the 4th CRF.

The 1st LSF will be holding the Nordera.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
It's not since Dragon just completely left without saying anything ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Urutorahappī!!