Author Topic: Antialiasing on OS X  (Read 3219 times)

Offline neoterran

okay freespace is working much better now on OS X than it was last year at this time. Normal maps still don't work via the shader method which is kind of sad.

But the main thing is there isn't a way to turn antialiasing on - We need an option for it in SoulStorm's Launcher.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
You need to force full screen anti-aliasing on driver level on all platforms. FS2_Open engine won't do it itself...

On Mac it's just probably a bit more complex process than on Windows or Linux.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Tinman

• Released: WCS mini campaign
You need to force full screen anti-aliasing on driver level on all platforms. FS2_Open engine won't do it itself...

On Mac it's just probably a bit more complex process than on Windows or Linux.

True. But the "OpenGL Profiler Launch" thing does not work with FS2open, cos  FS2open does not "find" its home directory that way.  :mad:

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
:bump:

I just discovered this thread and decided to bump it to say that a while back I found a way to enabled antialiasing on OS X (well, anything non-windows) with only two lines of code :D.  Now, given the current code freeze I don't think this "feature" could be added until 3.6.10 is out the door, and making it customizable would require a few more lines of code (nothing complicated though) as well as coordination with the launcher.  But it is possible :)

Offline Echelon9

That's fantastic news blowfish!

Offline neoterran

Re: Antialiasing on OS X
Great news, because it's a real pin to enable it with the profiler atm.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"