Author Topic: NFS: Carbon...  (Read 10335 times)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
The series is otherwise good but Takumi, and now Project D are just too good, or über as you put it.

Offline kode

• The Swedish Chef
  • The Swede
    • http://theswe.de
me, I don't really care about that stuff, tbh. nicely directed racing scenes + eurobeat, however. and damn those cliffhangers! first time through I ended up watching the three first stages almost without breaks.
Pray, v. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.
- Ambrose Bierce
<Redfang> You're almost like Stryke 9 or an0n
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
- Aldous Huxley
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
One of the things I didn't like about ID was the eurobeat soundtrack. I guess I'm more pro-Maximum Tune, which uses techno/trance tracks.

Really. A few years ago, when I was still an Arcade Stage player, all my game cards had the music turned off in the options menu. The only song I like in the entire ID series... is Gamble Rumble. :lol: And it wasn't in Version 2 or 3... I started from Arcade Stage version 2. :nervous:

:sigh:, I've got to stop going off-topic... but frankly, I'm cheesed off with the way EA does their games nowadays. $50 just doesn't buy a long-lasting and enjoyable game like it used to... :sigh:

sorry...  :shaking: :(
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I like the ID eurobeat music. :p

Offline Inquisitor

So whats hte final verdict on this, I haven't QUITE finished MW yet, and while Test Drive still does most of what I want in a driving game, I am pretty sure I will start feeling the itch for some good cop chases.
No signature.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
It's more of the same. A bit prettier and they've sorted out the annoying rubber-banding whereby the AI could completely obliterate you even if you were a good driver in a superior car.

That said it's prone to crashes for some people (myself included) - so be warned of that.

I suppose it comes down to "if you've money to spare then it's good fun, especially if you enjoyed MW".

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Cops in Carbon does not have a big role unlike in MW, in fact cops in Carbon are in easymode unless you get your heat to level 5 at which point they roll Corvettes up your arse. The first time through I did not get arrested even once and my heat was at level 4 at best. Second time through I used one car longer and got arrested twice or so because of Corvettes. What's funny, at least once I've evaded cops while one of my front tires was busted by a spike strip.

Offline Inquisitor

That said it's prone to crashes for some people (myself included) - so be warned of that.

<--console player here

Its on my Amazon wish list, I suppose I will just wait and see if anyone gets it for me next month.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 09:33:07 am by Inquisitor »
No signature.

Offline kode

• The Swedish Chef
  • The Swede
    • http://theswe.de
Cops in Carbon does not have a big role unlike in MW, in fact cops in Carbon are in easymode unless you get your heat to level 5 at which point they roll Corvettes up your arse. The first time through I did not get arrested even once and my heat was at level 4 at best. Second time through I used one car longer and got arrested twice or so because of Corvettes. What's funny, at least once I've evaded cops while one of my front tires was busted by a spike strip.

I had all four tires bust and still evaded at heat level 4.
Pray, v. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy.
- Ambrose Bierce
<Redfang> You're almost like Stryke 9 or an0n
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
- Aldous Huxley
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Heh, sorry to bump an older thread, but I got this the other day. It's not actually a bad a game, but I think Drift is like Marmite, you either love it or hate it. Personally, I just don't get on with it.

I think you'll find those that have the biggest problem are those whose idea of going round a corner is to use the wall to bounce off of, done that a few times myself, you can actually get round some corners faster by using traffic or walls to bounce.

The thing that annoys me about drifting is that when I finished with 30K points, my opponent finished with 48K points, when I finished with 64K points, my opponent finished with 70K points. That annoyed me just a bit. Still the other race type are great fun, and theres nothing like racing a Silver Aston Martin with a big Union Jack vinyl on the hood ;)

I just got NFS:UG2, looking for something to use with my new force feedback stick.

Now, this game is a few years old. But with my new machine (Athlon 64 x2 3800+, Radeon x700, 2GB RAM) I can't get the graphics anywhere NEAR highest quality settings. WTF? Is this normal, or were they that far ahead of their time? Or is the Radeon x700 a dog?

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Borrowed it off a friend.

Looking at some areas of the game, it was obviously rushed... the Undercover Corvettes don't appear to be used at all, but they're in the game. Not to mention that Cross' Corvette in a x5 pursuit is EXACTLY the same as the one in MW (if you can get close enough to him)... still the regular C6 without the rear over fenders, and with "RPD" instead of "PPD". The Cross Z06 that you get through the reward card is just the regular Z06, but with a special vinyl on it, and it's nowhere to be seen in any pursuit level. :wtf:

Then there's the baaaad clipping issue with spoilers (whose pylons are more uniform compared to the previous game) when you have an aero kit on the Carrera GT. At least the missing left air vent behind the door on Body 2 was fixed. Carrera GT isn't my favourite car anymore, now it's the Murciélago. Not forgetting the 997-gen 911 Turbo that was locked by mistake...

I don't like the drift (physics is unpredictable), and MW's pursuit is much harder in my opinion. NFSC doesn't have the helicopter. I've never been able to escape a pursuit with borked tyres before (I usually play at max heat), so I'm more interested in beating the crap out of Cross. :lol: I also don't like playing Canyon duels on Hard - I can never seem to win...  ::)

Don't know if I can live with the vehicle tiers or not. I still believe that, if you have the financial backing, you can tune up a weaker car high enough to defeat something better. Like how a properly-tuned R32 GT-R can defeat a McLaren F1 at Tsukuba Circuit... :wtf:

Just my comments on NFSC. :) I hope no-one minds me posting this... :nervous:
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."