Author Topic: Been a few years,.......  (Read 13562 times)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Re: Been a few years,.......
I remember the name, but Christ it's been a long time. Wow - it just struck me... I've been here (FS Community) my entire adult life and then some. That's... I dunno.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I remember the name, but Christ it's been a long time. Wow - it just struck me... I've been here (FS Community) my entire adult life and then some. That's... I dunno.
That's uber cool.

Welcome back Warlock  :yes: Never met you before on here, but wanted to chime in regardless  :D

Got Shivans? The SOC Ezechiel is the schnitzel! Don't leave base without it.

Offline Warlock

• Death Angel
    • Holocron Productions
Thanks again for the welcome everyone ;) I see alot in the game's changed as well as working with the files. Looks like i'll have to relearn some old modding tricks from scratch  lol.

Worse part thou....it seems decent flight sticks are a thing of the past for a store to carry :| Hate the idea of ordering any game controller online without first being able to put my hands on it and see how it feels.
Warlock

DeathAngel Squadron, Forever remembered.

Do or Do Not,..There Is No Spoon

To Fly Exotic Ships, Meet Exotic People, and Kill Them.

We may rise and fall, but in the end
 We meet our fate together

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Just thought I'd stop by and say hello.

Was playing WoW and Malygos's deep breath attack reminded me of an Orion carving up something. :D

*EDIT*
After doing some reading I thought I'd update this a little bit before anyone reads it.
I am alive, breathing, still the 30 year old virgin, still the nit with a small twig up his ass.  In short, things haven't changed all that much.  As can be assumed from the statement above, I have gone down the dark path.  I was enjoying EVE, wasn't very good at it, but, it was fun.  But then my Boss at the time, of all people, showed me this movie of a guy yelling at bunch of other people about whelps.  Then he showed me a video of what the other guy was yelling about.  40 stylized characters killing a rather largish dragon.  Then it was inevitable, I fought it.  For a long time.  Then I did the trial, I even got showed around by a friend from EVE.  Now skip forward to going on 4 years later.  And I think you could label me a full fledged World of Warcraft fanatic.  It's not that I don't go out from time to time.  Tho I am currently seeking gainful employment(who isn't).  I have Warcraft on my phone, on my desktop wallpaper.  I can tell you why a red dragon is your best friend and a black is evil incarnate.  I know what "FOR THE HORDE!" means, even though I play Alliance.  There I've gone and gotten long winded again.  See even that hasn't changed.

Keep your head down and pass the ammo
Lib
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 05:20:39 am by Liberator »
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Well, it's been interesting. Gone for two years is a long time for warlock, good thing that much before that there was the hlp wipe out. Where people who haven't logged into their profiles for a certain number of time of inactivity got deleted. This surprisingly cleared up half of the inactive accounts compared to the active ones.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Now I understand what my friend meant when he said

"I'm quitting WoW."

Sounds like a bloody social plague

Anyways

Welcome Back! :D

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I don't think accounts can be deleted, S-99.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Warlock

• Death Angel
    • Holocron Productions
Well if accounts got deleted then I'm ubber special....since aside from a very random log in here and there I actually haven't been around since about 2001 :)

And WoW ?  Ack. I just can't see paying for the right to play a game I already paid for the first time around :)

Which is why, as a SW fanatic and a D&D player, SW Galaxies and D&D Online got left at the store, the new SW KOTOR will likely stay on a store shelf, ST online and SG Online will likely stay on a shelf if they charge a fee as well :D

Thank god for good old Guild Wars thou :)
Warlock

Well if accounts got deleted then I'm ubber special....since aside from a very random log in here and there I actually haven't been around since about 2001 :)

And WoW ?  Ack. I just can't see paying for the right to play a game I already paid for the first time around :)

Which is why, as a SW fanatic and a D&D player, SW Galaxies and D&D Online got left at the store, the new SW KOTOR will likely stay on a store shelf, ST online and SG Online will likely stay on a shelf if they charge a fee as well :D

Thank god for good old Guild Wars thou :)

Yeah WOW is something I refuse to play.  I have a bit of problem with their business model.  I believe that once you pay for a game you own hands down no questions asked.  This is why I play Guild Wars.  I don't play Guild Wars as much as I used to.  Once in awhile I will still log in though.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
About 2 years ago the Administrators deleted over 1,500 old and unused accounts. With those accounts still here, HLP's number of members would exceed 8,000... :eek:

Not that I found the mass deletion useless, though.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Raskolnikov

You've stuck to your modding hobby for far too long. You should take up something more productive, like unicycling.

Offline Warlock

• Death Angel
    • Holocron Productions
LMAO
Warlock

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Just thought I'd stop by and say hello.

Was playing WoW and Malygos's deep breath attack reminded me of an Orion carving up something. :D
I think Warlock's departure was before my time, but I definitely remember you from around these parts.  Welcome back. :)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Hehe....a bit late to greet you on your comeback.
Damn, you have been away for a long time! Methinks I came here a little bit before you left.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
I think they deleted people with no posts.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action

I look at it this way, it's more entertaining than a lot of that crap on television and cheaper and a hell of a lot more entertaining than going to a movie.  I figure I save $100 a month(would be more if I had a GF) because I play wow.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Except that you can find good and entertaining games that don't require you to pay that much. I never got Wow. Tried it. But it's so...shallow.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Warlock

• Death Angel
    • Holocron Productions
Hmmmm

I'd much rather spend my $10-15 per month on seeing a movie every other month with my wife. Or buying a PS3/PC game that'll entertain me for at least 4 months.

Course the PS3 games kinna take priority just behind the Blu-Ray movies.....gotta justify that Sony Bravia somehow :D

Hmmmmm FS2 in 1080P on a 40" widescreen.......... I think I need to buy some new cables suddenly :)
Warlock

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
Yeah, WoW sounds so addictive. Have a friend who plays it and it's like he's on drugs *I wanna play warcraft, hurry up bus, i wanna get home*. I'm thinking of not playing it, i'm bad enough at doing work without such an addictive game. Hell, I'm supposed to be doing homework even as I write this!! And this is a bloody forum about a game (a very awesome, awesome game and forum :nod:), not some addiction