Author Topic: R1 Intro  (Read 9614 times)

Offline Todo

Why nothing works wihtout some sort of a DivX crap...*grumps*

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I can also make you an uncompressed version, its 1,27 gigabytes. Interested? :D

Offline Edwin

hmm, i can't make it work....

"QuickTime was unable to find a decoder for the specified file, unfortunately it is not on the quick-time server"

Windows media player 2 "you need the latest version of windows media player to play tis file"

latest version of windows media player (on starting it up, doesn't even get as far as loading the movie) "an internal application error has occured."

:scowl:

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
Originally posted by Edwin
hmm, i can't make it work....

"QuickTime was unable to find a decoder for the specified file, unfortunately it is not on the quick-time server"

Windows media player 2 "you need the latest version of windows media player to play tis file"

latest version of windows media player (on starting it up, doesn't even get as far as loading the movie) "an internal application error has occured."

:scowl:

http://www.divx.com/divx/download/ Maybe with this?
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Quicktime. :wtf:
Windows Media Player 2. :wtf:

It was stated before it requires DivX codec.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2004, 01:27:07 pm by 173 »

Offline Xaphod

• http://www.fishinstitution.com
Do a search for the K-lite codec pack.  It's legal, don't worry.
Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me.
My website - The Fish Institution

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I'd advise not to. Codec packs are nothing but trouble. You can never be fully sure what codecs exactly gets installed and whether author has made the trouble to ensure the codecs are actually compatible with each other. And in a case you happen to have installed incompatible codec, figuring out which one it is and uninstalling might be quite a hassle.

This page lists all codecs and filters you most likely will ever need.
http://www.inmatrix.com/zplayer/formats/

Offline Todo

WHUPPIDUU ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! It's alive! It's alive! ! !

Seems that those Minbari freaks are cunning. It required me to install some DivX codec upgrades from the 21st century. Then boot up the mainframe again. And now comms are 100% operational. Full audio and video decoding.

Btw, what is the Sharlin cruisers name? Valen here I come? :D
And why it doesn't show it blowing up? Would have been such a morale boost for the rest of us Earthforce grunts.

I really liked how the hyperions shot those 3 shot burst with their pulse cannons. And a little side question: What's the difference between pulse and plasma weapons, any idea anyone? And why is the gravimetric drive thingy so good?

Offline Xaphod

• http://www.fishinstitution.com
It doesn't blow up.  It's just damaged.  Only one Minbari cruiser was destroyed in the war, and that is documented.
Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me.
My website - The Fish Institution

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
One problem with the sound. When the two starfuries are attacking the sharlin with their 40mm cannons, it sounds like they are firing the pulse turrets on the hyperions. In addition quite a few of the starfuries exploding were missing debris. Other then that it was awesome!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Xaphod
It doesn't blow up.  It's just damaged.  Only one Minbari cruiser was destroyed in the war, and that is documented.

Really? What about the one rammed by the Nova in In The Beginning?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...
Originally posted by karajorma

Really? What about the one rammed by the Nova in In The Beginning?

It survived IIRC.

Offline Edwin

Originally posted by Mr. Fury
Quicktime. :wtf:
Windows Media Player 2. :wtf:

It was stated before it requires DivX codec.

the reason i use them is because media nine wont run.  every time i start it it says "internal application error"

I have tried re-installing, that don't fix it.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Thorn

It survived IIRC.

I just watched the scene again and I'd be very surprised if it did. The nova plows straight through the cruiser. You can see the exlosions out of the other side and just glimpse the cruisers front start to move away from the rest of the cruiser.

Where does it say that the minbari only lost one cruiser? I know that they only ever lost one battle but that's not the same thing.

In fact Sheridan himself contradict it. In Points of Departure Sheridan claims that along with the Black Star he took out 3 heavy cruisers. (which admittedly are curiously absent in In The Beginning)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2004, 06:52:43 pm by 340 »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

That is one of the things that annoys me.
If the minbari only lost one warcruiser then how come it took them about 3 years to defeat the EA. If the technology gap was so large why the 3 years.
It just doesn't make sense. The minbari must have lost far more ships that 1, besides we could all see that EA weapons were effective against minbari armor and earth armor more sturdy then the warcruiser armor at least in terms of kinetic resistance.
And the warrior caste wasn't pissed because the black star was destroyed it was the way it was acomplished, trought a deception(the mining of the asteroid field).
"What does not kills me, makes me stronger!" -Nietzche

There is no peace, there is Anger;

There is no fear, there is Power.

There is no death, there is immortality;

There is no weakness, there is the Dark Side.

Offline Sigma957

• Darkness descending...
They did lose alot, "Many Minbari would die in the war"- Londo also I read somewhere that it was a 12:1 ratio for starfury loses to the Nials.EA had by this time a huge amount of space and made the minbari fight for every inch of space. While other races might have folded early on,humans were more resilient. It was a real victory cause only humans survived the bsattle  while the others no EA ship survived even though the minbari took loses aswell.
The Babylon Project- Bringing babylon5 to freespace2

VWBB Survivor 1095 (Sigma957) 24/2/2001

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Edwin
the reason i use them is because media nine wont run.  every time i start it it says "internal application error"

I have tried re-installing, that don't fix it.

Dude, that's wierd. Try the DivX player.
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Throw media player in the trash and install BSPlayer
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
From the Media Player series only use the classic - it's in the same folder as 6,7, 9 or whatever called mplayer2 or smg.

Reason? It allows you to check the properties of the file you're playing and tweal the codecs manually.

BTW there is a single codec pack that you should install: Matroska codec pack
It was written by people who had the same distaste for such stuff - ergo it doesn't screw up. I've tested this on several systems and it worked.

BTW it uses a directshow filter to decode files instead an actual codec, so you'll need either the XVid or the DivX codec to make mpeg4 files yourself.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Black Sheep

• Wannabe Composer
Originally posted by Deepblue
One problem with the sound. When the two starfuries are attacking the sharlin with their 40mm cannons, it sounds like they are firing the pulse turrets on the hyperions.

You're the first one who notices this. But still, in the original B5 CGIs sometimes Furies have this sound...well, so...uhm...I wanted...some...variety...? :nervous:
"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"
-Hamlet rulez