Author Topic: [WIP] Shepherds  (Read 15270 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
It looks good and I wanna play it :yes:

Will any new ships be featured in the campaign, or FS2 stuff only?
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
It looks good and I wanna play it :yes:

Will any new ships be featured in the campaign, or FS2 stuff only?
Shepherds so far is FS2 only. I was going to add Chronos freighters, but then MediaVP's 4.0 happened so it saved me some work. :nod:

I tried to get the Phidias repair drone to work, but I've found it really complicated. Once I'm done with the campaign I'll likely give it another attempt before releasing.

What did you intend for that one, and which issues did you bump into?

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
What did you intend for that one, and which issues did you bump into?
Just a few of them flying around and repairing a Hatshepsut. I tried to copy the demo mission but kept messing up somewhere because the drones wouldn't shoot their beams.

Some things just aren't idiot-proof. :lol:

Well the beams are mounted on turrets, did you enable beam-free for the ships or the whole mission?

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
General rule of thumb for me is to always "beam-free by default" when starting a new mission, so I don't think that was the issue.

Well, I'll give it another try right now I suppose. Better now then forgetting later on.

Offline CT27

How's this campaign going?

I liked Walls Closing so I'd definitely be willing to try this one out?

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
How's this campaign going?
It's going well. Also damn, its been a while since my last update. :nervous:

So... update time! Missions 1-8 are done - bar some minor polishing - and I'm hard at work on the last mission (there's also the final cutscene, but that shouldn't take too long to do). Hopefully I'll have it out before the end of the year, but no promises!

Anyway. Wouldn't be an update without a couple of screenshots. :D

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
(Pops head out of the FRED mines) Damn, a year since this was originally announced! Time flies! :nervous:

Anyway, it's about time I'd finally share some gameplay footage. The following is from the 6th mission. Nothing too spoiler-y here, but if you'd rather wait then no worries.  :p

(Disappears back into the mines of FRED)

Offline EatThePath

• Laser Lich
    • Twitter
I watched and it looks great
Name your damn turrets and sounds! Numbers alone aren't helpful!
"if disco is dead then I am the laser lich"
"...[Warmachine] keeps changing as fast as EatThePath can force the engine to do his dark bidding..."

Offline CT27

This campaign looks interesting to play (and I enjoyed your previous work Walk In The Sun).  How's progress going on this?

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
This campaign looks interesting to play (and I enjoyed your previous work Walk In The Sun).  How's progress going on this?
Slow but steady. I wanted to have Shepherds released last month, but beta testing has uncovered a few (lot) more problems then I'd expected, but these are being sorted out. On this note, a shoutout to Spart_n, Goober and Woutersmits for their continued support in soldiering through it. Thanks guys.  :yes:

In an alternate universe, Shepherds was released without beta testing. It is horrifying.

You might be thinking of Walls Closing (I'm glad you enjoyed it!), as Walk in the Sun was made by Taranis. WitS is indeed a great campaign though!

Always so interesting to see more mods taking place during Vanilla campaigns.  Reminds me that Alpha 1 isn't doing EVERYTHING and there are other good pilots contributing to the war effort

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Way overdue on an update, and I am sad to announce that this will be the final update post...

...because Shepherds will be releasing on January 28th! I'm really excited to finally share this campaign with the community, and I'll be spending the next few weeks adding in the final touches and polishing it up some more.

One last batch of screenshots. Credit to Spart_n for the first shot.  :)

Screenshots:
Hidden Text: Show

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions

Oh thats pretty nice~

Offline CT27

Looking forward to this. 

Will it be compatible to use MJN's mainhalls?

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Looking forward to this. 

Will it be compatible to use MJN's mainhalls?

Yes, specifically the Aquitaine one will be required to play.

Offline Marguel

• Sparda
    • Steam
Oh man, just around the corner! Can't wait to play it!
"You'll see. It'll be better than last time. "
"I hope so. I died."

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions