Author Topic: Hecate Nameplate not Power of Two  (Read 2204 times)

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Hecate Nameplate not Power of Two
Hi folks,

The hi-poly Hecate nameplate is an odd dimension, 896 x 128, which means it cannot be converted to compressed DDS.  What is the best way to deal with this odd shape?  Can I resize it somehow that will not result in distortion?
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Re: Hecate Nameplate not Power of Two
Resize it to 1024x128. UV coordinates are independant of texture aspect ratio.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
I suppose the texture should still be edited at original size if you want to know what the text will actually look like in-game. If you write the ship name on 1024x128 sized texture as you would like to see it in-game, it will compress slightly to 7/8 of its original length as the game fits it onto the name plate, so the letters will appear slightly thinner than intended.

But that's a minor issue IMO.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Yes.

Thus: Edit the nameplate in 896 X 128 so that it looks the way you want it ingame. -> Then resize to nearest 2^n resolution and save.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Makes sense. Thanks!!  :yes:
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.