Author Topic: Recommended VPs?  (Read 2635 times)

Offline Goblix

Hi, i'm new here and i am wondering which VPs are recommended for SCP? i'm trying to get the best quality out of my game so any help would be apreciated :)

Thanks!

EDIT: Forgot to mention i'm using 3.6.9 with the 3.6.8 VPs but they just dont seem to matchup to the graphics i see in some screenshots :\ most noticable is the lighting.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 11:58:08 pm by Goblix »

Offline Tempest

• The Star Wars Conversion
    • The Fate of the Galaxy - SWC
I assume you're using opengl. If you're not, go to the launcher, hit video, then pick opengl if it says d3d.

If you're using the 3.6.8 vp's,  you'll want mv_core, mv_effects, mv_models, mv_textures, and mv_music. I also suggest downloading lightspeed's nebula as they are much better than retail.

However, lighting is not controlled by the .vp's. It's controlled by your flags on the launcher. Look up the flags on the wiki, you can turn down the ambient which makes it look a lot better, and make sure that specular is enabled. There are a lot of other nifty options like fov_ and some specular options whcih you can read about.

If the problem persists, show us a screenie because you were a bit vague about the problem.
"... and the klingons also were the soviet's space program. i mean can you really believe that a bunch of communist farmers can make rockets like that?"
-Axem

My photobucket: with all my shiny new stuff on it! http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o116/Tempest_77/

Offline Goblix

I've had it to D3D and all those VPs, and all efatures enabled, (that help) but this ambient i had no idea about.

Thanks man, helped alot:D

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
If you're using the 3.6.8 vp's,  you'll want mv_core, mv_effects, mv_models, mv_textures, and mv_music. I also suggest downloading lightspeed's nebula as they are much better than retail.
Don't forget about the 710 Patches.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

You can find the Lightspeeds Nebulae Here
You can find the FS2 Retail Campaign Wich uses these nebulae here