Author Topic: Font distortion problem.  (Read 1675 times)

Offline Kamuii

• http://www.toroimerai.net
Font distortion problem.
I've been following the SCP (and have been playing it, too!) for a really long time.

However, I didn't play for a while and just tonight reinstalled FS2, 3.6, got the latest Media VPs and everything else. And I have a kind of big problem.

I can't get rid of font distortion. Whether I use the option in the Launcher or not (the option in the Launcher actually makes it worse), I have serious font distortion problems. I can remedy this by going to OpenGL, but with the latest builds OpenGL's obviously broken.

I can post whatever you guys need me to. I'd just like to play FS2Open again without the annoying font distortion problems.

Oh, and for reference. My video card is a Radeon 9600Pro. If that helps.

Thanks in advance, I'm really kinda upset about this.

Font distortion problem.
Please post your OS (version of windows) Procesor, command lines, resolution, wheter you are using AA( anti aliasing) or not, what language your FS is in, etc.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Kamuii

Font distortion problem.
Originally posted by kasperl
Please post your OS (version of windows) Procesor, command lines, resolution, wheter you are using AA( anti aliasing) or not, what language your FS is in, etc.

OS: Windows XP Service Pack 2 Release Candidate 2 (Build 2149)
Processor: AthlonXP 2400+
Command Lines: -spec -glow -d3dmipmap -2d_poof -snd_preload -dnoshowvid -fps
Resolution: 1024x768x32
No Anti-aliasing.
Language: English.

Am I missing anything?

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Font distortion problem.
Can't help you with your problem, but since kasperl forgot, i get to do this for the first time. *ahem*

:welcome:

[stewardess voice]
Exits are to the sides and rear. Personal flamethrowers are located under the seats, but they're empty so you'll need your own napalm.
Don't go crawling through the air vents as they're infested with Shivans. However, if you do encounter any Shivans, it's probably just Carl. Give him your lunch and back away slowly.
Plasma rifles are located in the lockers up front. However these can only be opened by [V], God, an Admin, or a hyperintelligent shade of the color blue. Do not try to enter the control room as it is guarded by subspatial claymore mines. Thank you, and enjoy your stay!
[/stewardess voice]
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Kamuii

Font distortion problem.
Originally posted by Col. Fishguts
Can't help you with your problem, but since kasperl forgot, i get to do this for the first time. *ahem*

:welcome:

[stewardess voice]
Exits are to the sides and rear. Personal flamethrowers are located under the seats, but they're empty so you'll need your own napalm.
Don't go crawling through the air vents as they're infested with Shivans. However, if you do encounter any Shivans, it's probably just Carl. Give him your lunch and back away slowly.
Plasma rifles are located in the lockers up front. However these can only be opened by [V], God, an Admin, or a hyperintelligent shade of the color blue. Do not try to enter the control room as it is guarded by subspatial claymore mines. Thank you, and enjoy your stay!
[/stewardess voice]

Haha. I've been registered here for over a year, I just never posted...

But thanks anyways. :D

Offline Silent Warrior

• My thoughts go where no one knows to tread.
Font distortion problem.
Anisotropic filtering really does a number on fonts in Falcon4 for me. Are you useing that? Any multisample in the launcher?

And why so few command-lines? :p
I can't go home again until I find a stone a rose a door.
Choo choo, and that is the truth.

Font distortion problem.
Do you have a geforce by any chance?

Offline Kamuii

Font distortion problem.
Originally posted by Silent Warrior

And why so few command-lines? :p

Haha. That's just what I have on right now. I've had a lot on and it's done nothing. :( I mean, fixing my fonts problem.

And no, no anisotropic filtering.

Originally posted by ChronoReverse
Do you have a geforce by any chance?

No. Radeon.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
Font distortion problem.
there is a registry setting, something about texture origin I think, that can cause these sorts of problems. try fiddleing around with anything that sounds like that in the registry section.
OGL should still be working in 3.6
taylor has the problem we were haveing fixed, and just has to commit it (if he hasn't done so already)
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Kamuii

Font distortion problem.
Originally posted by Bobboau
there is a registry setting, something about texture origin I think, that can cause these sorts of problems. try fiddleing around with anything that sounds like that in the registry section.
OGL should still be working in 3.6
taylor has the problem we were haveing fixed, and just has to commit it (if he hasn't done so already)

Yeah, OGL works in the basic 3.6 with none of the new Media VPs and stuff. But I'm trying to use C07122004 posted by WM and it just doesn't work with OGL. :( But thanks for the tips and I'll wait until a future build where OGL works again and such since I seem to be having such problems with D3D.

Thanks again!

Offline Tepa

• http://www.darkwing-squad.com
Font distortion problem.
d3dmultisample ON does that to my radeon tho.......but multisample on+VSynch off fixes that nasty weapon loadin bug
or atleast makes it better
and this tip is for radeon users
if u get that nasty weaponload bug turn Vsync ON from vidcard or use that multisample on+VSynch off combo cept u get slightly screwed fonts
Ensign forever
DW-Tepanator
I need to fill my inflated EGO can someone lend me a pump.