Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 621744 times)

Re: What are you playing right now?
Although, the voice acting is kind of flat. Especially when they attempt to pronounce Japanese phrases. :nono:
It never gets better.

I'd say X3: Reunion does a decent job when it comes to both the plot itself and the presentation.

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
I'd say X3: Reunion does a decent job when it comes to both the plot itself and the presentation.
And yet the voice acting remains terrible.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
I got King's Bounty Legend and Crossworlds because they were on sale and they were marketed with fantasy chicks. I only played Legends for a while and while it's cool, it seems to drag on for longer than it needs to. I'll look for something with less filler. I am not a fan of creating gameplay hours by dragging main game mode rather than creating compelling mechanics that would make me want to spend those hours on that game.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Deserts of Kharak.

I'll never look at that homeworld 1 intro cut scene in the same way. I loved the homeworld 1 literature back when manuals were hard copy and included more than a disclaimer. Currently playing keep away with a Gaalsien flagship as my assault cruiser flotilla somehow got flattened.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I played the original Just Cause a while back, and it was a decently-enjoyable though fairly unremarkable third-person action game.  (Pretty scenery too.)  I just now got around to installing its sequel, and oh.  Ooooohhhh.

Offline Wet Orange Ostrich Toilet

• Worst Modder HLP has ever seen
Playing FTL: Captain's Edition Infinity with my crew having various names from this community, while flying a Shivan cruiser called "The HLP Brigade" and using the awesome Wings of Dawn soundtrack for everything.
"I thought the Medal Display thingy was a baking tray!"

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
I volunteer to run your weapons station.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

Got a little bored with X (it seems like a great series, but I'm just not in the mood for it right now), and have decided to unlock the Dark Soul achievement on Dark Souls II.

Which means I have to farm Sunlight Medals... with my Soul Memory through the roof.  :banghead:

May whoever came up with the Soul Memory mechanic be thrown into the Abyss for eternity.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Wet Orange Ostrich Toilet

• Worst Modder HLP has ever seen
I volunteer to run your weapons station.

Thanks to your operation of the weapons station, we destroyed an elite cruiser. Not that big of a surprise for a Shivan cruiser called "The HLP Brigade".
(Pic is the Brigade messing up that cruiser.)

[attachment deleted by admin]
"I thought the Medal Display thingy was a baking tray!"

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Got a little bored with X (it seems like a great series, but I'm just not in the mood for it right now), and have decided to unlock the Dark Soul achievement on Dark Souls II.

Which means I have to farm Sunlight Medals... with my Soul Memory through the roof.  :banghead:

May whoever came up with the Soul Memory mechanic be thrown into the Abyss for eternity.
The X series does tend to get boring, TC was more bearable but only because they actually made the early game a bit faster (the missions pay better) but still devolves into a 4x game with a crappy interface and rudimentary space combat.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I finally beat FTL.

Took me long enough.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Finished Assasin's Creed Rogue, like some the additions they made to Black Flag and the that they remembered that they have more gameplay modes built into their game then they did before; but at the end of the day it is an Assasin's Creed game and I got pretty much sick of it as the conclusion came along (the epilogue cleared missed all notes as far as I am concerned)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Sins of the Prophets, for sins of a solar empire : rebellion - ultimate edition.

<3 UNSCDF
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Finished the rebel campaign in X-wing vs Tie Fighter: Balance of Power
The last mission consisted in destroying the Super Star Destroyer Vengeance while protecting the rebel shipyard from an ordinary Star Destroyer.
In the end I switched to easy, on medium the other b-wings only laucnhed one or two of the 16 rockets they had before being distracted or destroyed and since you can't destroy the shield emitters on top of the bridge on that difficulty level it meant that I ran out of waves before knocking the shields down (at which point a corvette loaded with explosives pops up from hyperspaces and deals the coup de grace) rendering the mission probably impossible.

On easy it was enough to shoot 4 rockets for each shield emitter to knock the shields down so I could go after the other Star Destroyer to protect the base (also, the less smart imperial AI meant I didn't have to babysit my command ship), not really necessary but I wanted at least a fair performance ribbon, the campaign on easy gives only adequate ribbons or reprimands unless you really knock it out of the park.

A pity I don't have fraps or any other utility for taking screenshots installed as seeing that monster of a ship exploding was quite spectacular.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
You do know that you can switch between ships of your wing by pressing "J"?
My strategy for that mission was to switch to every B-Wing of the first wave, fire all heavy rockets myself, and then start making strafe runs on the SSD with lasers/ions until the first wave is destroyed. Then repeat this with the next wave. That way it's doable on medium (takes a long time though). I never tried it on hard, where cap ships regenerate shield strength over time.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Obduction is out.  Brb, see you in three weeks.

Ah. I need to get that. But... I still haven't beaten Riven. And it's been years.... gah.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
It's soooooo goooood.  I've already stayed up until 6AM at least once because I don't want to tear myself away from it.  Even though this one puzzle is turning my brain to mush and sorely testing my "no you're not looking at any hints this time you cheating bastard" policy.

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Ah. I need to get that. But... I still haven't beaten Riven. And it's been years.... gah.
Oh man, Riven is still probably my favourite Myst game...
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Just finished Mass Effect 2 and 3 on Insanity. Doing a bit of "here-and-there" in Hyrule Warriors' Adventure Mode (just the original map though, I don't have the Majora or Twilight Maps).
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.