Author Topic: BattleTech LP: Hard Light Marines  (Read 51930 times)

Offline Patriot

Re: MegaMek and MekHQ general topic
A quick update of today's antics in prepping this LP

Scourge and Deathfun are operating the HURB, or Hetzer Urban Renewal Box. They also have another crewmember in the form of a non-HLP female.
This Hetzer is also slightly modified from it's base version, as in an XL Fusion engine and more armor. Oh and tracks instead of wheels, because wheels suck balls :P

IronBeer magically transformed into Han Solo in a Thunderbolt.
Dragon, no Awesome for you, you get an Orion instead.
Sparda is in a Phoenix(Not a Phoenix Hawk, not even close, mwahahah)
These three are all in my lance, i'll be piloting a Banshee, which is a deathtrap to our enemies now.

Scotty is an admin, but the requested Wolfhound IS in our company. It's just in the hands of Mr Ralwood, AKA Archmage.

Second lance consists of Archmage and NTGM-1R(Nicknamed Night for obvious reasons) and two no-name chicks.
Night be piloting a Shadow Hawk, which is to be modified to properly dignify his role as a Lance Leader.
No-names have a Kintaro and a Panther

The third lance is under command of StarSlayer, and is subsequently named Star's Urban Renewal Project.
Star and Esarai "Angry Panda" Skalde both have the walking versions of the HURB, a Hunchback
No-name chick has a Centurion.

Oh did i mention deathfun's name? It's Deathfun "Bones" McClung, and he looks like that sniper from Saving Private Ryan while he's doing gunnery work in the HURB
Scourge is Jean Claude van Damme, while he drives the HURB
and their no-name chick is the chick from Chuck(the show)

Soo.. reason i'm refitting some things is because of fluff that i'll add later, also, our name is the Hard Light Marines!

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
Sweet. I was actually hoping for a heavy/assault machine.

One question, though: which variant did the Hard Light Marines get a hold of? According to Sarna, the Thunderbolt is an old design with a lot of variants out there.
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I'd wager a -5S or a -5SE for older tech.  Maybe something newer if Patriot decides yes.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I have the Mass Effect 2/3 chick as co
So much awesome
She better be wearing something tight
"No"

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
I'd like to toss my name in here again, too. Callsign Polly.

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Man, if I could get a slot piloting something like, I dunno, a WARHAMMER, I'd be a pretty happy chap.

But I'll take whatever comes along. If I'm a female, I'd like to be sexy in a Scarlett Johansson sort of way. :P
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
If I get a choice on the mods, I'd like to trade my LolRM launcher for medium lasers if possible. (Failing that, the SRM launcher instead.)
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Can you please promote me to a decent heavy 'Mech ASAHP?  Also, callsign "Werewolf" again please.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Also unlike the rest of these scrubs I will not accept promotion to a slower movement profile. 5/8 and 6/9 4lfye

A Feddie Story

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Clearly you need a Scorpion.  Or Legionnaire.  ;7

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Awesome sauce, which flavor of HBK?
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Clearly you need a Scorpion.  Or Legionnaire.  ;7

Beware of asking me what I exactly want to drive, because you're going to get an answer.

MechJager 1 MJG-4K
Rules Level:    Tournament Legal
Technology Base:    Inner Sphere
Chassis Config:    Biped
Production Year:    3033
Extinct By:    Never
Chassis:    SearcyWorks JG-4 Standard Standard
Power Plant:    Magna 250 Fusion Engine
Cruising Speed:    54.0 km/h
Maximum Speed:    86.4 km/h
Jump Jets:    None
     Jump Capacity:    0 meters
Armor:    SearcyWorks Plate Medium Standard Armor
Armament:
     1 SearcyWorks HardLight-3 Large Laser
     1 Imperator-A Autocannon/5
     1 SearcyWorks Hardlight-1 Small Laser
Manufacturer:    SearcyWorks
     Primary Factory:    Pesht
Communications System:    Tek Battlecom
Targeting and Tracking System:    Tek TruTrak
Overview
The MJG-4K Mechjager is an atypical 'Mech in many ways. Built to compete with the likes of the Griffin, Shadow Hawk, and Wolverine, the Mechjager fills its design purpose well.

Though most BattleMechs have at least a vaguely humanoid configuration, the Mechjager's shape is very nearly human, right down to the autocannon styled after a sub-machinegun it carries in its right hand. The only serious departure from human form is the large laser that replaces the left hand, literally. The laser juts out of the wrist, as though the hand were amputated and replaced with a laser barrel. This human shape makes the MechJager almost as intimidating as the Atlas in its own way. To capitalize on this, the Jager comes with a series of preprogramed human gestures like nods, shakes of the head, hand gestures, and such, that can be executed on verbal command of the pilot.

The name is atypical as well. It is German, translating as "Mech Hunter", but the MechJager is a Combine BattleMech. The name would be understandable coming from a Lyran or even Rasalhague BattleMech, but it does not. The gensis of the name is a mystery.

Capabilities
The MechJager is tough, mounting the maximum possible amount of SearcyWorks Plate Medium armor, and it runs at 86.4 kilometers per hour, comparing well to the classic medium 'Mech trio. It does not jump, which is unlike the three 'Mechs it was designed to match up against. This was judged acceptable so the Mechjager could mount more weapons. It is well-armed for its weight, proving that decision correct.

The Mechjager's weapons provide it with good range and decent damage. The Imperator-A autocannon was already being produced under subcontract by SearcyWorks, so production was merely increased and the surplus mounted on the MechJagers as they were assembled. There have been some problems with the feed system on the autocannon, but nothing that threatens the 'Mech. Reportedly, when ammunition gets as low as four rounds remaining, occasionally the autoloader will fail to load a new round after the AC is fired. A manual reload switch was added underneath the left armrest of the command chair, which forces the autoloader to load a new round. This can cause trouble if there is already a round loaded, but the switch's posistioning makes accidental activation highly unlikely. The two lasers are both of SearcyWorks design and manufacture. The large laser provides ranged damage to back up the AC-5, while the small laser provides anti-infantry defense and a little extra firepower at short range. Both lasers are widely considered to be of excellent quality, and are also incredibly cheap for the excellent craftmanship, spectral purity, and shock resistance they display.

Com Guard techs who have examined the lasers have pronounced both to be clearly of Star League manufacture and quality. SearcyWork's automated Star League facility is clearly fully functional. Whatever doubts remained after the Wildcat was deployed are now gone. It is recommended to the Primus that pressure be applied to shut down the facility before all its secrets are discovered.

Battle History
The MechJager served alongside such 'Mechs as the Kintaro and the Crab during the War of 3039, earning high marks for speed, armor, and weaponry. It regularly engaged the 'Mechs it was designed to oppose, and gave as good as it got, if not better.

One incident that particularly stands out came about during the assault on Dromini IV, when a mixed lance of two MechJagers and two Phoniex Hawks ran into a lance of Shadow Hawks. The Phoenix Hawks engaged the Shadow Hawks, slowing them so that the MechJagers could close enough to employ both large lasers and autocannons. The massed extra firepower of the large lasers proved to be the deciding factor. While the two Combine Phoenix Hawks were in poor shape after the smoke cleared, the lance of AFFC Shadow Hawks was completely destroyed.

Deployment
The MechJager is deployed primarily by the Dieron, Alshain, and Benjamin Regulars, with the Legions of Vega a close second. Several of the Sword of Light regiments have placed orders, but SearcyWorks has refused to fill them based on bad blood between the Sword of Light regiments and their security unit, the Pesht Armored Cavalry, that dates to the 4th Succession War.

Notable 'Mechs and Mechwarriors
MJG-4K-2 "Bridesmaid"

The second prototype MJG-4K, Bridesmaid was given as a wedding gift from the Searcy family to the long-serving Takebe family, for their daughter's wedding to a Fourth Sword of Light MechWarrior shortly before Dromini IV.

Then the 4th Sword left the Pesht Armored Cavalry high and dry to face Friedrich Steiner and the Tenth Lyran, and the wedding was off. Bridesmaid was one of the few 'Mechs left standing after the smoke cleared on Dromini, and during the War of 3039 the 'Mech added a substantial number of kills to its record. Bridesmaid was seriously damaged in the Periphery during 3045 when Sayori Takebe single-handedly destroyed a lance belonging to Helmar Valasek. SearcyWorks restored and rebuilt Bridesmaid into the prototype MJG-8K MechJager II, and Sayori passed the 'Mech on to her daughter Maho.

Technology Base:    Inner Sphere    50.00 tons
Chassis Config:    Biped    Cost:    3,911,375 C-Bills
BV2:    1,075    Tech Rating/Era Availability:    D/X-X-D
Equipment          Mass
Internal Structure:    Standard    5.00
Engine:    250    Fusion Engine    12.50
Walking MP:    5
Running MP:    8
Jumping MP:    0
Heat Sinks:    10 - Single (10 in engine)    0.00
Gyro:    Standard    3.00
Cockpit:    Standard    3.00
Actuators: L: SH+UA+LA+H    R: SH+UA+LA+H
Armor:    169 points - Standard Armor    11.00

Internal    Armor
   Structure    Factor
Head:    3    9
Center Torso:    16    24
Center Torso (rear):       8
R/L Torso:    12    18
R/L Torso (rear):       6
R/L Arm:    8    16
R/L Leg:    12    24

Weapons and Ammo   Location   Heat   Criticals   Tonnage
Large Laser    RA    8    2    5.00
Autocannon/5    LA    1    4    8.00
Small Laser    LA    1    1    0.50
@AC/5 (40)    LT    --    2    2.00
BattleForce Statistics
MV   S (+0)   M (+2)   L (+4)   E (+6)   Wt.   OV   Armor: 6   Points: 11
5   2   2   1   0   2   0   Structure: 4   
Special Abilities: SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA

and that's not even an SPXH-O

A Feddie Story

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I'm interested in signing up as a mechwarrior as well (callsign "Loon") and that Kintaro looks interesting :)  (well, at least it's faster than the Panther & Centurion)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
You want a design with an AC/5?  You, sir, have guts.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
You want a design with an AC/5?  You, sir, have guts.

I'm pretty sure TRO42 still has my crappy RAC/5 45-tonner as well, though I think most of the S-series got eaten when the DSC forums shrank...

A Feddie Story

Offline Patriot

Sweet. I was actually hoping for a heavy/assault machine.

One question, though: which variant did the Hard Light Marines get a hold of? According to Sarna, the Thunderbolt is an old design with a lot of variants out there.

Scotty nailed it, 5S, though it's going to get some customization done, like losing the Machine Guns(IMO, useless weight that can be used for heat sinks)

Also, HBK's are 4Gs, with AC20s, you are after all the Urban Renewal Project.

Hobbie gets to be ScarJo apparently, with a Kintaro under her butt

Niffi gets the Panther and Polly gets the Centurion.
They look like Emily Browning(from Suckerpunch and The Host) and that chick from Tron Legacy(Black Hair)

That means Polly is part of the Urban Renewal Project and Niffi is under NGTM's command in Night's Howlers

Also, as i personally despise jump jets, i'm going to ask you guys if you would mind not having jump jets in favor of more armor/weapons/heatsinks, things that IMO are a little more useful. This question is of most importance in NGTM's direction, as the SHD is getting a minor overhaul and i want those Jets off due to the SHD's poor-ass armor layout.

I'll make a proper roster soon-ish.

Also, i'm using the new Procurement system introduced with the new version of MekHQ, meaning Scotty is solely responsible for delays in refits and repairs requiring new parts we don't already have.

Also going to use the loot system as a means to reward a secondary objective either the battle type names or i myself name in light of primary objectives.

Banshee BNC-4HLM
95 tons
BV: 1,913
Cost: 25,230,791 C-bills

Movement: 4/6
Engine: 380 XL

Heat Sinks: 15 [30]
Gyro: Standard Gyro 

Internal: 145
Armor: 288/293

Head

Center Torso

Center Torso (rear)

Right Torso

Right Torso (rear)

Left Torso

Left Torso (rear)

Right Arm

Left Arm

Right Leg

Left Leg

Weapons
Medium Pulse Laser
Medium Pulse Laser
LB 10-X AC
PPC
PPC
Medium Pulse Laser
Medium Pulse Laser

Ammo
LB 10-X AC Ammo
LB 10-X AC Ammo

That's the loadout of my own Banshee :)
Armor values are Internal top and Armor itself as lower of the two numbers.

I'll update soon again, if anyone wants to chat on Steam, my displayed name ought to be HerrFlex, with a profile pic of a red armored dude.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 02:03:56 pm by Patriot »

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Hobbie gets to be ScarJo apparently, with a Kintaro under her butt

I got swag.

In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re jump jets, considering that the "Alley Cat" is a slow light mech I'd rather retain them. No matter how much armour is slapped on I can't afford to enter a stand up fight with a medium/heavy, so being able to get the hell outta the way via jumping is very useful :)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Patriot

Oh.. that Panther you mean? i already gave you an extra walk point and stripped said JJs out. AND added max armor and an Artemis to the SRM.

HUEHUEHUE

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Oh man if I can get endo, ferro and a ST250 I'll be a happy camper.  Running around at 81 kph shooting AC20 would be an delight :D
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”