Author Topic: Linux 3.6.9 final not seeing existing pilot files  (Read 2191 times)

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Linux 3.6.9 final not seeing existing pilot files
3.6.9 final runs great on my debian linux install. But, it won't see my existing pilot files. What's with that. It's one of the reasons i preferred running fs2 open with wine, but even that really sucks because of no launcher. I'm all good with the linux thing, it just wont see my pilot files. I am curious as to why?
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Re: Linux 3.6.9 final not seeing existing pilot files
3.6.9 final runs great on my debian linux install. But, it won't see my existing pilot files. What's with that. It's one of the reasons i preferred running fs2 open with wine, but even that really sucks because of no launcher. I'm all good with the linux thing, it just wont see my pilot files. I am curious as to why?

Where do you have them?
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
The normal place.
FreeSpace2/data/players/single
And they quite are in there, fs2open on wine on the other hand does seem them and can load them. The linux version just doesn't even show they exist. As far as running under wine, all i can run is the debug build lol.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
It will only use single player pilot files located in ~/.fs2_open/data/players/single/.