Author Topic: New Models  (Read 7095 times)

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Och.  I was hoping you were going to try that whole motion tracking thingy (make the head into a 2 part turret with low fov and see if you can get it to follow enemies...)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Originally posted by Eternal One
"IPAndrews-Other People" dictionary.

It won't work. I'll just come up with new ways of confusing people.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Originally posted by aldo_14
Och.  I was hoping you were going to try that whole motion tracking thingy (make the head into a 2 part turret with low fov and see if you can get it to follow enemies...)

Now that is interesting...

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Yes, a very good idea actually.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Can you have turrets that track enemy ships, but have no weapon ?
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Yeah.

BTW when I get home I will go ahead and render the model in Max just to give you a good Idea of what the smoothgroups should look like. In addition I am thinking about attempting my own texture job alongside whatever Den5 does.

Offline Roanoke

Originally posted by IPAndrews
Yeah something like that. Or make it rotate like in the Exorcist.

LOL!!

How about making an escape pod as a debris object by the way ?

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Plenty possible.

Heres some piccys of the stuff in the pack (venom mk2 looks like the mk1 but has a sharper point with the same paint scheme as the bulldog):

The classic Aurora

The armed-to-the-teeth Badger (yes it does have the back gunner spot, its just not shown)

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Nice, you should ask someone with 3DS MAX R5 (or R4) to convert the models with Styxx's plugin, so the smooth groups are preserved.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
I have R5, but Styxx's plugin always fails to load when I start Max.

Offline den5

Originally posted by Deepblue
Must be a conversion error. When I view both the .max and .3ds model the pilot is oriented fine...

EDIT: One more thing, what happened to the smooth groups?

What with them not so? I of nothing did with them.

One more thing, Aurora and Badger are not converted in PCS. Why you did not use already textured model?

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
I did not base these models off of the normal TBP ones, that would have been hard.

Offline den5

I meant yours already textured model. Defective parts were removed from it that has allowed to convert it in PCS.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Oh, the one you already textured? Because its a pain to convert a .POF to a .MAX file.

Offline -Norbert-

Does this model mean that we will really see how many missiles a 'fury still has when looking at it?
So far I thought it wasn't possible to do the missiles with hardpoints instead of the way they where in FS itself.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
No, its not possible yet, *HINT HINT HINT at SCP*, but thats just the way I decided to show off the missle models I made.