Author Topic: RELEASE::: Drums Of War 1  (Read 12471 times)

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
Re: RELEASE::: Drums Of War 1
Do you have the 3.4beta of the Babylon Project?  You need that installed with the appropriate instructions.  You also need the 3.6.9 build.

See this thread for 3.4 beta http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,46061.0.html

See this thread for 3.6.9 final http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,44291.0.html
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 07:30:39 pm by Macfie »
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline CKid

you should have a debug build (fs_open_369-debug.exe or similar).... can you switch to this build and run the mission again?

No, That didn't work but after looking through the thread I just figured out that you need 3.4 beta for it to run but its just my luck that the damn patch doesn't work for me. It just crashs to the desktop 2 seconds after seeing the main game loading screen. I got the 3.3 base, removed the 3.3a patch and have the 3.6.9 final in my Babylon Project fodder.
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline knorke

Do you have the 3.4beta of the Babylon Project?  You need that installed with the appropriate instructions.  You also need the 3.6.9 build.

See this thread for 3.4 beta http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,46061.0.html

See this thread for 3.6.9 final http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,44291.0.html
*downloading*
well, that's one big patch Oo

[edit]
IT WORKS!!!!
I AM ONE CAN SHORT OF A SIX PACK!! :lol:

[edit2]
guess what happened while loading the 2nd mission.
Warning: Could not load in the HUD shield ani: shield-crrutarian

File:j:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\hud\hudshield.cpp
Line: 855
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    ship_page_in()    level_page_in()    freespace_mission_load_stuff()    game_post_level_init()    game_start_mission()    game_enter_state()    gameseq_set_state()    game_process_event()    gameseq_process_events()    game_main()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 77e5eb69()

[edit3]
works again. just had to change from the debug build to the normal build
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 11:48:28 am by knorke »
ARRRH Matey!!!!!

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
I just figured out that you need 3.4 beta for it to run but its just my luck that the damn patch doesn't work for me.

that's bad... I don't know any solution for that
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline CKid

Ok, this is what I get when I try to run 3.4 with FS2_open_3.6.9_debug:

Warning: ships.tbl(line 99:
Warning: Unable to find [Terran] in species names list.

File:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\Parse\PARSELO.CPP
Line: 657
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
    string_lookup()    find_and_stuff_optional()    parse_ship()    parse_shiptbl()    ship_init()    game_init()    game_main()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    KERNEL32.dll 7c5989d5()

I hope someone help me figure this out because I really, really want to play the 3.4 beta some of these new campaigns. Thanks.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Warning: ships.tbl(line 99:
Warning: Unable to find [Terran] in species names list.

looks like there is some table file running wild in your TBP folder - can you check if there is a "ships.tbl" somewhere?
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline knorke

I had the same problem. Like 0rph3u5 said, it's likely that you have a ships.tbl in your data folder (/data/tables if you where following one of the tutorials here).
With the 3.4 TBP you don't need that one anymore (as well as the 3.3a Patch, but you you know that already, don't you ;) ) so delete it and have fun playing the game.

[edit]
my spelling is terrible today Oo
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 05:06:52 am by knorke »
ARRRH Matey!!!!!

Offline CKid

The ships.tbl was the problem, thank you guys for helping me out. As for Drums Of war, how the hell do you beat the second mission. My destroyer always gets blown up before it can take out the enemy cruisers.

Offline knorke

The ships.tbl was the problem, thank you guys for helping me out. As for Drums Of war, how the hell do you beat the second mission. My destroyer always gets blown up before it can take out the enemy cruisers.
Take the fighters out before they reach the destroyer than destroy the enemy cruiser's engines (watch out for the cruiser who makes the close jump). The destroyer should have enough firepower to blow the cruisers up. You can help by destroying the enemy cruiser's weapons.
ARRRH Matey!!!!!