Author Topic: [Re-release] Hellgate: Ikeya, Omnibus version (1.1.1)  (Read 16117 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: [Re-release] Hellgate: Ikeya, 2019 update
Version 1.0.3:
- Mission 4: Removed a superflous event
- Added Mission 4 Ex (HGI_04-Ex.fs2) to the Mission Simulator. In this mission the Orcus will now be a fully fledged missile destroyer.

EDIT:
Version 1.0.4:
- Added the correct capital04.pof.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 01:22:11 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline 0rph3u5

Support for this release has been discontinued.

I will continue to fix any bug you find, however any fix will go only towards a future release as part of the Memories of the Great War - Omnibus. This is due to a substantial divergence between the Memories of the Great War - Omnibus version of the "core"-package and the same package found in this release, I will not be able keep up with supporting two different builds.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline amiralace

• aka Qalam
I keep trying to beat mission 4 on medium.

Spoiler:
The Galatea blows up every single time. There are just too many Nephilims, and the supply is endless.

Difficulty aside, this is a top quality set of missions in every aspect. Very fine use of FRed. Might be worth looking into adding voice acting.

EDIT:
Spoiler:
I did it. But I had to ignore disarming the Shivan destroyer. Focusing on preserving the first two allied cruisers kept the Nephilims busy long enough to spare the Galatea and to be able to finish them off. I did send Alpha wingmen to disarm the Shivan destroyer (I am not sure to what effect in the end), but I had to give Beta Apollos and assign them to intercepting the bombers. Given the debriefing and the end cinematic, I have a sense that destroying the Shivan warship was not meant to be...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 09:55:48 am by amiralace »

Offline 0rph3u5

Difficulty aside, this is a top quality set of missions in every aspect. Very fine use of FRed. Might be worth looking into adding voice acting.

Thank you.

I keep trying to beat mission 4 on medium.

Spoiler:
The Galatea blows up every single time. There are just too many Nephilims, and the supply is endless.

Noted for the Omnibus-version.

Spoiler:
I did it. But I had to ignore disarming the Shivan destroyer. Focusing on preserving the first two allied cruisers kept the Nephilims busy long enough to spare the Galatea and to be able to finish them off. I did send Alpha wingmen to disarm the Shivan destroyer (I am not sure to what effect in the end), but I had to give Beta Apollos and assign them to intercepting the bombers. Given the debriefing and the end cinematic, I have a sense that destroying the Shivan warship was not meant to be...

Among the fixes changes for the Omnibus-version are balance changes which make the Disarm-order a bit more sensible for that mission - check out the EX-version in the Mission Simulator if you want to see a "how it should have been"-version of the mission, which goes part of the way to where the Omnibus-version is now.

As for the fate of Orcus:
Spoiler:
Back then it was meant to be a plant for another story, so it is meant to escape. But I never quite managed to pay off that plant. I have no more plans for the Orcus.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 12:16:42 pm by 0rph3u5 »

==================

Offline amiralace

• aka Qalam
Noted! I'll check that out.

I don't know if you've looked at Discord, but we mentioned your Rain on Ribos IV yesterday. I had planned to play it via Knossos, but it doesn't seem to be on the Nebula yet. Any plans for that? Or would that be released along with the other Memories of the GW into a single mod?

Offline 0rph3u5

So the original plan was to re-release Rain on Ribos IV seperate, then because it became dependant on balance changes for Vega Must Burn - which when I discontinued support for the Hellgate: Ikeya and Light of Antares as they are on Knossos right now.

With the release of Mjn.mixael's newest Mainhall I also got a little too excited for the possibilites of its added features... so that was another delay.

I am currently averaging one mission a week, but demands on my time have been increasing as social distancing continues - we will just have to see how that goes. Once I have the first branch of Vega Must Burn finished, I will see if I can't push a version of Rain on Ribos IV to completion as well.

==================

Offline amiralace

• aka Qalam
Thanks for the clarification. Looking forward to your new campaign as well then.

Not that it makes the completion of projects any easier, but voice acting could at the very least be a nice finishing touch to these works - and in case you're interested, there's this thread, for instance. Wither better voice actors than me would also be great, obviously.

I went to install this campaign and it says it cannot install because the MVP is missing.
How can I check to see which MVP release is needed so I can install it.
Or am I missing something simple?

Thanks!

Offline Firesteel

• Some Kind of Writer
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • YouTube Channel
I remember trying to troubleshoot this a while ago but with one of the more recent MVP updates, the way to reference them in the dependencies changed slightly and the couple of cursory attempts to fix it made it seem like it wasn't just the dependency list at the top of the mod.json that was referencing the wrong thing.
Current Projects:

- Video Critiques of Freespace
- Re-learning FRED

Offline 0rph3u5

Obsolete now, replacement deployed:

==================

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Congratulations! Time for another playthrough of these campaigns.  :yes:

EDIT (because I don't feel like double posting). Very enjoyable campaign, and quite challenging too! :) I stumbled into a number of minor issues, however:

Spoiler:
- This is probably a known issue, but just in case: the Aten model seen in the campaign is outdated. FSPort dependencies are known to cause this sort of things, and you probably know it already.
- For some reason, even though it's pretty much a standard feature even in the Port, the Galatea lacks her nameplate.
- In the Typhon inspection mission, I get storms of messages about Orcus fire barrage right at the beginning of the mission itself. Later on in the mission, if I get too far from the destroyer during the data download procedure, I receive an even more intense message storm. If these warnings are meant to warn the player and get him to pull back to the Typhon in order to speed up the data transfer, they could be sent every 5-6 seconds maybe. Unfortunately, I forgot to take screenshots showing the flow of these messages but the issue is fairly easy to reproduce - I played the mission 4 times, and got the exact same message patterns during all playthroughs.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 03:29:53 pm by Mobius »
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline 0rph3u5

- For some reason, even though it's pretty much a standard feature even in the Port, the Galatea lacks her nameplate.

Fixed in 1.0.1. Must have slipped my mind because I didn't have to make a nameplate for the Galatea.

- This is probably a known issue, but just in case: the Aten model seen in the campaign is outdated. FSPort dependencies are known to cause this sort of things, and you probably know it already.

Just as with the lasers, put on wait for 1.1 - unlike the Demon, Cain & Lilith the Aten is not affected in function by the dependency conflict.

- In the Typhon inspection mission, I get storms of messages about Orcus fire barrage right at the beginning of the mission itself. Later on in the mission, if I get too far from the destroyer during the data download procedure, I receive an even more intense message storm. If these warnings are meant to warn the player and get him to pull back to the Typhon in order to speed up the data transfer, they could be sent every 5-6 seconds maybe. Unfortunately, I forgot to take screenshots showing the flow of these messages but the issue is fairly easy to reproduce - I played the mission 4 times, and got the exact same message patterns during all playthroughs.[/spoiler]

Seperate issues:
- the missile warning had the wrong kind of arguments list, oversight on my part. Fixed in 1.0.1.
- the distance warning for some reason has been saved as "intervall in miliseconds" when it is intended to be 20 seconds. Fixed in 1.0.1.

==================

Thank you for releasing these campaigns. Already downloaded and ready to play tonight.

Offline 0rph3u5

The update to the Omnibus from v1.0.2 to v1.0.3 will be out on Friday, ca. 1800 UTC+2

Changelog:
- Resolved the issue with the custom HUD gauges; Custom HUD gauges will no longer use elements from FS2 vanilla but custom elements.
- Adjusted the Missile Turrets on the SD Demon's "arch" to reduce the instanced of the Orcus firing missiles through itself.
- Now uses Axem's Extended Loading Screen Script to replace the loading screens with a design made to display short text of additional world building while you wait.
- Minor changes to the wording in some dialogue.

Known Issues:
- The issue with Terran Huge Turret, Vasudan Huge Turret, Terran Turret#Orion, Terran Turret#Acadia and Vasudan Turret#Typhon not displaying the MVP graphical enhancements remains unresolved.
- Due to disabling the support for Mjn.mixeal's HD Mainhalls (reason: dependecy conflict on Knossos) both Hellgate: Ikeya and Light of Antares will default to the standard Galatea mainhall of the FS Port.
- The new loading screens are optimal at a resolution 1920x1080; at lower resolutions the text and loading bar may "spill" over elements that are supposed to host them. The new loading bar does not scale to higher resolutions either.

Balance Changes:
- Mission 3
Spoiler:
- The Orcus' missile launchers have their refire rate reduced to 25 percent of normal.
- The delay between waves of Indra wing has been increased to 18-25 seconds (up from 11-18).
- The delay between waves of Durga wing has been increased to 18-25 seconds (up from 15-22).
- The delay between waves of Asura wing has been increased to 23-30 seconds (up from 18-23).

- Mission 4
Spoiler:
- Fxed a bug that impacted the distance at which mission critical wings would warp into the mission.
- The "Destroy the Orcus"-directive has been disabled to avoid confusion.
- Destroying the Orcus' weapons subsystem will now debuff the fire rates on her turrets. This effect negates the 2x increase in firerate the of Orcus' laser turrets on Easy-difficulty or higher.
- Kali and Deva wings each have their number of waves reduced to 8 (down from 10). The time between wave has been increased to 16-23 seconds (up from 11-18).
- Asura and Surya wings each have their number of waves reduced to 2 (down from 3).
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 12:14:45 pm by 0rph3u5 »

==================

Offline 0rph3u5

For the pleasure of those who don't want to replay the campaign - here are loading screen blurbs:

Spoiler:

[Mission 1] The Sianai Incident (2327), part 1

Since the beginning of the Fourteen Year War, scientists on both sides researched ways to transit ships through higher subspace domains. The GTA's efforts remained fruitless as more conventional subjects for wartime research were favoured by the Admiralty Board.

[Mission 2] The Sianai Incident (2327), part 2

In 2327, a Vasudan research team reported a breakthrough in subspace technology at the Sianai research station in Aldebaran. While the details of their research were not transmitted, the PVN leadership greatly anticipated the practical application of the results.

[Mission 3] The Sianai Incident (2327), part 3

Information of the Sianai team's breakthrough was leaked to agents of the GTI. As a response the GTI dispatched a covert operations unit behind enemy lines to observe, sabotage and steal the enemy research.

[Mission 4] The Sianai Incident (2327), part 4

As result of the GTI's sabotage, the Sinai research station was partially displaced into subspace, destroying the equipment and killing the scientists. The GTI team was never heard from again.

==================

Offline 0rph3u5

Re: [Re-release] Hellgate: Ikeya, Omnibus version (1.0.3)
Version 1.1 of the Memories of the Great War - Omnibus will release in January.

Included in 1.1 will be bug fixes and latetest corrections the mission scripts, as well as updated Rain On Ribos IV as well as a new short story campaign. Details to come.

To make up for the long wait for version 1.2, it will launch with a second campaign as well --- but only when its done.

==================