Author Topic: [Re-release] Hellgate: Ikeya, 2019 update  (Read 9547 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• ...my name lacks authority...
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: [Re-release] Hellgate: Ikeya, 2019 update
Version 1.0.3:
- Mission 4: Removed a superflous event
- Added Mission 4 Ex (HGI_04-Ex.fs2) to the Mission Simulator. In this mission the Orcus will now be a fully fledged missile destroyer.

EDIT:
Version 1.0.4:
- Added the correct capital04.pof.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 01:22:11 am by 0rph3u5 »
"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline 0rph3u5

• Steam
    • Twitter
Support for this release has been discontinued.

I will continue to fix any bug you find, however any fix will go only towards a future release as part of the Memories of the Great War - Omnibus. This is due to a substantial divergence between the Memories of the Great War - Omnibus version of the "core"-package and the same package found in this release, I will not be able keep up with supporting two different builds.
"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Offline amiralace

• aka Qalam
I keep trying to beat mission 4 on medium.

Spoiler:
The Galatea blows up every single time. There are just too many Nephilims, and the supply is endless.

Difficulty aside, this is a top quality set of missions in every aspect. Very fine use of FRed. Might be worth looking into adding voice acting.

EDIT:
Spoiler:
I did it. But I had to ignore disarming the Shivan destroyer. Focusing on preserving the first two allied cruisers kept the Nephilims busy long enough to spare the Galatea and to be able to finish them off. I did send Alpha wingmen to disarm the Shivan destroyer (I am not sure to what effect in the end), but I had to give Beta Apollos and assign them to intercepting the bombers. Given the debriefing and the end cinematic, I have a sense that destroying the Shivan warship was not meant to be...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 09:55:48 am by amiralace »

Offline 0rph3u5

• Steam
    • Twitter
Difficulty aside, this is a top quality set of missions in every aspect. Very fine use of FRed. Might be worth looking into adding voice acting.

Thank you.

I keep trying to beat mission 4 on medium.

Spoiler:
The Galatea blows up every single time. There are just too many Nephilims, and the supply is endless.

Noted for the Omnibus-version.

Spoiler:
I did it. But I had to ignore disarming the Shivan destroyer. Focusing on preserving the first two allied cruisers kept the Nephilims busy long enough to spare the Galatea and to be able to finish them off. I did send Alpha wingmen to disarm the Shivan destroyer (I am not sure to what effect in the end), but I had to give Beta Apollos and assign them to intercepting the bombers. Given the debriefing and the end cinematic, I have a sense that destroying the Shivan warship was not meant to be...

Among the fixes changes for the Omnibus-version are balance changes which make the Disarm-order a bit more sensible for that mission - check out the EX-version in the Mission Simulator if you want to see a "how it should have been"-version of the mission, which goes part of the way to where the Omnibus-version is now.

As for the fate of Orcus:
Spoiler:
Back then it was meant to be a plant for another story, so it is meant to escape. But I never quite managed to pay off that plant. I have no more plans for the Orcus.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 12:16:42 pm by 0rph3u5 »

==================

Offline amiralace

• aka Qalam
Noted! I'll check that out.

I don't know if you've looked at Discord, but we mentioned your Rain on Ribos IV yesterday. I had planned to play it via Knossos, but it doesn't seem to be on the Nebula yet. Any plans for that? Or would that be released along with the other Memories of the GW into a single mod?

Offline 0rph3u5

• Steam
    • Twitter
So the original plan was to re-release Rain on Ribos IV seperate, then because it became dependant on balance changes for Vega Must Burn - which when I discontinued support for the Hellgate: Ikeya and Light of Antares as they are on Knossos right now.

With the release of Mjn.mixael's newest Mainhall I also got a little too excited for the possibilites of its added features... so that was another delay.

I am currently averaging one mission a week, but demands on my time have been increasing as social distancing continues - we will just have to see how that goes. Once I have the first branch of Vega Must Burn finished, I will see if I can't push a version of Rain on Ribos IV to completion as well.

==================

Offline amiralace

• aka Qalam
Thanks for the clarification. Looking forward to your new campaign as well then.

Not that it makes the completion of projects any easier, but voice acting could at the very least be a nice finishing touch to these works - and in case you're interested, there's this thread, for instance. Wither better voice actors than me would also be great, obviously.

I went to install this campaign and it says it cannot install because the MVP is missing.
How can I check to see which MVP release is needed so I can install it.
Or am I missing something simple?

Thanks!

Offline Firesteel

• Some Kind of Writer
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • YouTube Channel
I remember trying to troubleshoot this a while ago but with one of the more recent MVP updates, the way to reference them in the dependencies changed slightly and the couple of cursory attempts to fix it made it seem like it wasn't just the dependency list at the top of the mod.json that was referencing the wrong thing.
Current Projects:

- Video Critiques of Freespace
- Re-learning FRED