Author Topic: [RELEASE] Shadow Genesis: 2017 Edition  (Read 181861 times)

Offline majorvader111

• Don't Puckle With Shuckles
Re: The Shadow is coming... SHADOW GENESIS: RELEASE
Actually we don't have enough time to push the project forward. I have mature exams and my brother has a lot to do in college. In the meantime, we are discussing how we're going to do some things. Currently I'm focusing my efforts in Earth Defence and Inferno.

Thats cool, at least Inferno and Earth Defence Is getting finished. Looking forward to playing those as well.
STRAYA... Home of Death, Trash Internet & The Police State Downunder.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
1.1, i downloaded it from moddb
You are using 1.1 not 1.1a. We screwed up jump of the Alexandria in 1.1, making the campaign unfinishable. Download 1.1a from the first post or from here.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Finally made it past that mission! Thanks, now i can finally play it to the end. The campaign looks great so far, polished and with lots of details; clearly a lot of work has been put into it  :yes:

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Almost three years. I'm glad You're enjoying it :P. Have fun and thanks for kind words :D.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Is this compatible with the MediaVPS 2014 beta?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Currently not. I'm going to make compatibility patch soon, but it's not ready. I never tested it with new MediaVPs but I don't think it would be compatible.

Currently not. I'm going to make compatibility patch soon, but it's not ready. I never tested it with new MediaVPs but I don't think it would be compatible.

Thanks for the info Betrayal.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 04:28:29 pm by Aurora Paradox »

Offline PeterX

• Peter
I can make a test with the new mediavps via cloning the Shadow genesis directory if you want.
Peter
If i canĀ“t model any ship then i use "flying trains" :-)

Offline bcKq

• yeah
Shadow Genesis 2 soon? :D

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I can make a test with the new mediavps via cloning the Shadow genesis directory if you want.
Peter
I would appreciate that :). I'm working on something mysterious now, and I don't have enough time to do all the tests for SG. You can test it and PM me all of the issues.
Shadow Genesis 2 soon? :D
Hard to tell :P. Actually we're working on something different, but The Silent Eyes are also on the way.

I like it so far, except for one or two things lacking in detail

Spoiler:
btw in the very first mission it's funny that if you call in a resupply vessel before the Istanbul goes off, it survives with you and repairs and rearms you when /while you wake up again. That sure helped.

I laughed so hard when the computer voice in the pre-briefing screens reads out the narration and calls the SOC the "social" as it thinks it's the initials or abbreviation for that word.   xD

good luck on The Silent Eyes, guys.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 05:41:44 am by hansebee »

:confused:

"Helping Hand" ...I believe everyone has at least once cursed that mission. Or the Nirvana itself.

Minor Spoilers but a frustrating problem ahead:

Spoiler:
My problem is that I basically have to do it twice. The mission runs as scripted until the "big Bullseye" as I call it finally lifts off and they warn you about the incoming fleet. The fleet opens beam fire within 10-15secs, with some luck some of my missiles and sniper rounds have disarmed the Meshmashbattlecrabs and I survive the battle. Then the other fleet guys basically say "phew" and then the dialogue about lifting off and getting out of here starts all over again, word for word, with the announcement of an incoming battlefleet 1min out, and indeed round2, like a bad Groundhog Day, deja-vu-de-force. Is that supposed to be like that? After half an hour of struggling through this? I am using 3.7.0, the 3612mediavps and 1.1a patch.    UPDATE: on the 13th try: using the Checkpoint 2 load at startup did resolve the issue; I originally thought NOT to use the load checkpoint as it seemed buggy to me (dialogue getting completely out of sync and confused, missile count reset etc  etc) but I found that loading CP2 up removed the repair team shuttle from the Nirvana (something it never did before! I thought it was somehow storywise supposed to stay attached to tow the hunk-a-junk out of there) and after disarming and dispatching of the fleet the additional enemy warships jump in upon which the Nemesis jumps out

My other problem is that I too have no sounds of the "custom" guns, it doesn't distract but I am not the only one judging by the forum entries like
Actually, I had the same issue with no weapon sounds for the custom weapons.  'twas very odd, but it didn't detract from the game-play too much.  I do not recall ever having that problem on a mod before.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 03:44:05 am by hansebee »

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
It's Nirvana, not Nemesis. This mission is probably the most annoying thing in SG for me, it's terrible and it will be rewritten. What exactly happened? The mission was stuck after the transporter with repair crew docked with Nirvana?

yeah I began to call it the nemesis in my feeble mind after a while... sorry, editet the post accordingly :-)

the mission plays fine, but after I dispatch of the attacking fleet (first destroying their main beams, then the fleet and bombers) the Nirvana keeps rising up into space, but the same dialogue as before plays, about the repair team almost done, the Nirvana having to get some distance from the moon surface, then the detected fleet in subspace 3 minutes out... and then the fleet comes at me AGAIN. All exactely as before only that my ships are in bad shape after the frst battle and I stand no chance.

As I said after 14 tries or so I decided to gve the checkpoint load a try and that put my right before the repair ship came, and THIS TIME the repair ship undocked from the Nirvana after work was done and actually left, something that it never did before. As a result, THIS TIME the battle played out normally, after the enemy reinforcements jump in my guys flee and mission successful. But every time I try to play the mission from the start through to the end I get the same result, the repair ship doesn't undock and (presumably) that triggers the dialogue and the battle to start again.

Something else, I am experiencing some strange phenomena with some of the missions after "Helping Hand". Sometimes, the mission plays fine, [f.e. the first mission where they drop bombs on the planet surface and the Chancellor or Councilman in his crashed ship wets his pants about it, or the mission where you have to hold the line and keep the Perturbors alive for several minutes over AeonXII ("Burning sky of AeonXII" mission)] but despite playing out fine there is no dialogue. I could finish the missions in both cases just fine but nobody ever said a word of text to me, except of course the game internal confirmations when you order a wingman to do something, those play with text and voice-acting, but everything that seems to come from the mod doesn't.

When I exit the game, restart it and load up the mission the dialogue is back. The Neya's female commander appears in the video monitor and says "good you are here, we've got no fighters" etc. just as it is supposed to be.

I was able to reproduce the problem twice, it only seems to happen when I do one mission right after the other, when I quit and restart the game everything works. I shall have to investigate further in future attempts.

Despite the strange problems, great, great mod!

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Actually in the Helping Hand there is second Nightmare battlegroup, and you have to use your Penetrators to disable main beams of their artillery frigates. Many players complained about the difficulty level. SG is just not balanced as every other mod. If something is too hard for you, You just have to use your wingmans. We designed most of the missions for wingman control in mind. Also for disabling main beams of the enemy ships.

I don't know what caused the dialogue problems. We will check that before we release next patch.
Thanks for your feedback :)

Actually in the Helping Hand there is second Nightmare battlegroup, and you have to use your Penetrators to disable main beams of their artillery frigates. Many players complained about the difficulty level. SG is just not balanced as every other mod. If something is too hard for you, You just have to use your wingmans. We designed most of the missions for wingman control in mind. Also for disabling main beams of the enemy ships.

I don't know what caused the dialogue problems. We will check that before we release next patch.
Thanks for your feedback :)

there are in sequence:
two Bomber wings attacking me from behind, then one Elyjahus cruiser wing from starboard side, (then the Nirvana repair sequence and the lift-off,) then one battlegroup with 2 cruisers and 2 Meshulam and bombers in front, and then that same battlegroup with 2 Meshulam and bombers once again, with repetitive dialogue. That CAN'T be right. Even storywise, the Nirvana has to lift-off twice and the repair shuttle has to do the same job twice ? I didn't think so...

And again, after trying the Checkpoint 2 load, it DIDN'T happen, and the mission ended just fine.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 07:51:38 am by hansebee »

btw. I like the challenging difficulty, even if there are several simply unfairly unbalanced missions. I am of course speaking of "helping Hand", which you said will be fixed in the next patch. Then the "AeonXII" hold-the-line mission, but especially the "Harvest" mission, which gives you simply not enough firepower to overwhelm waves of bombers AND disarm all those insane beams one 20+ warships.
(Even with the newest weapons and shield breakers aboard it takes my wingmen **forever** to destroy ONE bomber, and there are - what? - 30 in total? Followed by 12 or so Eliyahus that keep the warships occupied until the 12 real warships arrive.

These are just some minor things to tweak, this is SUPPOSED to be a desperate fight-for-your-world campaign, but it should never get that frustrating imho

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
I seem to be having a problem progressing to the first mission. I get an error mentioning the Mission brief and cannot click continue to enter the mission? Here is my debug log.

Code: [Select]
==========================================================================
DEBUG SPEW: No debug_filter.cfg found, so only general, error, and warning
categories can be shown and no debug_filter.cfg info will be saved.
==========================================================================
FreeSpace 2 Open version: 3.7.1
Passed cmdline options:
  -spec_exp 11
  -ogl_spec 60
  -spec_static 0.8
  -spec_point 0.6
  -spec_tube 0.4
  -ambient_factor 75
  -nomotiondebris
  -soft_particles
  -post_process
  -3dwarp
  -ship_choice_3d
  -weapon_choice_3d
  -mod Shadow Genesis 1.1,mediavps_3612,Shadow Genesis
Building file index...
Found root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\Shadow Genesis 1.1\sg1_1.vp' with a checksum of 0xf85a2bd1
Found root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Assets.3612.vp' with a checksum of 0x59649c21
Found root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Assets.vp' with a checksum of 0x529cc70f
Found root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_CB_ANI_1.vp' with a checksum of 0x9c948078
Found root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_CB_ANI_2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd1e3fc51
Found root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Effects.vp' with a checksum of 0xb9a9a485
Found root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Root.3612.vp' with a checksum of 0x7c9d7e74
Found root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\Shadow Genesis\SG-advanced.vp' with a checksum of 0x862139ac
Found root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\Shadow Genesis\SG-assets.vp' with a checksum of 0x0b7b3e64
Found root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\Shadow Genesis\SG-core.vp' with a checksum of 0xd00337b6
Found root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\Shadow Genesis\SG-interface.vp' with a checksum of 0x5868fac7
Found root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\Shadow Genesis\SG-sounds.vp' with a checksum of 0x5b9f7193
Found root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\Shadow Genesis\SG-textures.vp' with a checksum of 0xf1814554
Found root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\Root_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x747372cc
Found root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\smarty_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xddeb3b1e
Found root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\sparky_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x164fe65a
Found root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\sparky_hi_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xa11d56f1
Found root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\stu_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd77da83a
Found root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\tango1_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x4c25221e
Found root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\tango2_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x86920b82
Found root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\warble_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd85c305d
Searching root 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\Shadow Genesis 1.1\' ... 42 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\Shadow Genesis 1.1\sg1_1.vp' ... 112 files
Searching root 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\' ... 0 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Assets.3612.vp' ... 315 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Assets.vp' ... 1527 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_CB_ANI_1.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_CB_ANI_2.vp' ... 52 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Effects.vp' ... 1876 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Root.3612.vp' ... 13 files
Searching root 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\Shadow Genesis\' ... 19 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\Shadow Genesis\SG-advanced.vp' ... 13 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\Shadow Genesis\SG-assets.vp' ... 988 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\Shadow Genesis\SG-core.vp' ... 69 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\Shadow Genesis\SG-interface.vp' ... 1136 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\Shadow Genesis\SG-sounds.vp' ... 155 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\Shadow Genesis\SG-textures.vp' ... 818 files
Searching root 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\' ... 1 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\Root_fs2.vp' ... 157 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\smarty_fs2.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\sparky_fs2.vp' ... 3027 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\sparky_hi_fs2.vp' ... 1337 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\stu_fs2.vp' ... 2355 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\tango1_fs2.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\tango2_fs2.vp' ... 15 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace 2\warble_fs2.vp' ... 52 files
Found 25 roots and 14153 files.
ERROR: Unknown Language Checksum: 589986744
Using default language settings...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_core-lcl.tbm' ...
Setting language to English
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_core-lcl.tbm' ...
Game Settings Table: Using Standard Loops For SEXP Arguments
Game Settings Table: Using standard event chaining behavior
Game Settings Table: External shaders are DISABLED
Initializing OpenAL...
  OpenAL Vendor     : Creative Labs Inc.
  OpenAL Renderer   : Software
  OpenAL Version    : 1.1

Found extension "ALC_EXT_EFX".

Sample rate: 44100 (44100)
  EFX version: 1.0
  Max auxiliary sends: 1
  Playback device: Generic Software on Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)
  Capture device: Microphone (High Definition Aud
... OpenAL successfully initialized!
Failed to init speech
Initializing OpenGL graphics device at 1280x800 with 32-bit color...
  Initializing WGL...
  Requested WGL Video values = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 24, stencil: 8, double-buffer: 1
  Actual WGL Video values    = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 24, stencil: 8, double-buffer: 1
  OpenGL Vendor    : Intel
  OpenGL Renderer  : Intel 965/963 Graphics Media Accelerator
  OpenGL Version   : 2.0.0 - Build 7.15.10.1666

Using extension "GL_EXT_fog_coord".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_multitexture".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_env_add".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_compression".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_env_combine".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_draw_range_elements".
  Unable to find extension "GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_framebuffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_rectangle".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_bgra".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_cube_map".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_point_sprite".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shading_language_100".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shader_objects".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_vertex_shader".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_fragment_shader".
  Unable to find extension "GL_ATI_shader_texture_lod".
  Unable to find extension "GL_ARB_texture_float".
  Unable to find extension "GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex".
  Found special extension function "wglSwapIntervalEXT".

Max texture units: 8 (2)
  Max elements vertices: 1024
  Max elements indices: 1024
  Max texture size: 2048x2048
  Max render buffer size: 2048x2048
  Can use compressed textures: YES
  Texture compression available: YES
  Post-processing enabled: NO
  Using trilinear texture filter.
... OpenGL init is complete!
Size of bitmap info = 742 KB
Size of bitmap extra info = 48 bytes
ANI cursorweb with size 24x24 (25.0% wasted)
GRAPHICS: Initializing default colors...
SCRIPTING: Beginning initialization sequence...
SCRIPTING: Beginning Lua initialization...
LUA: Opening LUA state...
LUA: Initializing base Lua libraries...
LUA: Beginning ADE initialization
ADE: Initializing enumeration constants...
ADE: Assigning Lua session...
SCRIPTING: Beginning main hook parse sequence....
Wokka!  Error opening file (scripting.tbl)!
TABLES: Unable to parse 'scripting.tbl'!  Error code = 5.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'zoom-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'AnEngines-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_flak-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_exp-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_dbrs-sct.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'shipsaveload-sct.tbm' ...
SCRIPTING: Inititialization complete.
SCRIPTING: Splash screen overrides checked
SCRIPTING: Splash hook has been run
SCRIPTING: Splash screen conditional hook has been run
Using high memory settings...
Wokka!  Error opening file (interface.tbl)!
WMCGUI: Unable to parse 'interface.tbl'!  Error code = 5.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'SG-sdf.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-sdf.tbm' ...
Dutifully ignoring the extra sound values for retail sound 36, 'l_hit.wav'...
Dutifully ignoring the extra sound values for retail sound 37, 'm_hit.wav'...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'sg1_1-snd.tbm' ...
WARNING: "Duplicate sound name "216" found!" at gamesnd.cpp:461
Int3(): From c:\code\fs2_open_0\code\globalincs\windebug.cpp at line 1378
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I know nothing and I'm just going off guesswork here, but shouldn't the 1.1 patch be in the root Shadow Genesis folder? It looks like your mod order is screwed up; Shadow Genesis should be loading first.

e: No, I guess not, going off the first post...but that load order still makes me nervous.