Author Topic: Call for help - lights on B5  (Read 2458 times)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Call for help - lights on B5
Now we all know that at night time B5 lights up like a xmas tree, but exactly how many lights are there, where are those lights, what colour are they, which ones blink, and how often?

A lot of questions there to which I'm searching for answers. If any of you can help me find answers to these questions then release 3.2 (along with the Babylon 5 model) will be here much quicker.

I'm interested in any screen captures of lights on B5, or the names of any episodes where you have seen lights on B5. It is important that I have a good idea where these things are since there is a bug in PCS which makes editting glowpoints tricky. The upshot is I basically have to get it right first time.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Roanoke

Pretty sure you will find a good shot when the President visits in Season 1(Garaibodi gets framed and that militay chick who calls 'im "Uncle Mike" goes after him)

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline -Norbert-

As far as I remember, the nighttime illumination doesn't have blinking lights.

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
If only my camera worked, I could get a photo of the TV with all the lights.

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Originally posted by Roanoke
Pretty sure you will find a good shot when the President visits in Season 1(Garaibodi gets framed and that militay chick who calls 'im "Uncle Mike" goes after him)

The lights don't show up until season 2.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
150 glowpoints so far for anyone who is interested. It's taking frickin' ages.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
If you don't already have them:

"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Looks like I missed a few. I've noted that B5 seems to have different degrees of lighting. There seems to be a full lighting configuration and a half lighting configuration. The half lighting configuration is shown in the last picture there. I'm only going to implement the full one. Will be done tommorow. At which point I'll post some pictures.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Originally posted by IPAndrews
. I've noted that B5 seems to have different degrees of lighting. There seems to be a full lighting configuration and a half lighting configuration.

Yes....and they' didn't even keep the lighting configurations consistent, it changes from episode to episode.
If you implement the full xmas-tree-mode, make sure you put them in glow point groups that make sense, so the FREDders can turn them on/off gradually. :)
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
For pics of B5 with lights see end of screenshots thread.