Author Topic: TBP: AotB - A call to voice acting  (Read 4361 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
TBP: AotB - A call to voice acting
Since December 2005 the campaign "Awakening of the Beast" for The Babylon Project has been in development. Long pauses caused by real life buisness have slowed down the progress but now everythings is good to go.
After being now more than 60% complete (only 6 of 22 missions are still not finished) I want to start the period of editing and voice acting for all what is done and what will be done in the next months... since we are not fully done yet and the ideas from the campaign's concept will still be modified to fill the wishes of the FREDers all info I can give here is only state of work...
therefor I need voluneeters!!!

List of roles current state:
Earth Alliance Military Forces:
Squadron Commander Jake Wellington (CAG EAS Perseus)
Wingman/-woman 1
Wingman/-woman 2
Wingman/-woman 3
Captain James Tudor (CO EAS Perseus)
EAS Perseus Engineer
EAS Perseus Crewman/-woman 1
EAS Perseus Crewman/-woman 2
EAS Perseus Crewman/-woman 3
Captain Alexander Holzmann (CO EAS Minos)
EAS Minos Officer
Captain Roger McNeil (CO EAS Fetcher)
Captain Christina Jacobs (CO EAS Ajax)
Admiral Marcus Soluner (CO EAS DeGaulle/ Fleet CO)
Captain Lexter (CO EAS Hades)
Black Ops Pilot "Omega 1"
EAS Dione Captain
EAS Dione Officer
Breaching Pod Pilot 1
Breaching Pod Pilot 2
Marine 1
Marine 2

Civilians:
Senator Ethan Chainmen
ISN Reporter
Dr. Samantha Lawrence
Sirius Station Control
Kanton Station Control
Freighter 1
Freighter 2
Freighter 3
Freighter 4
Starliner 1
Starliner 2
Shuttle 1
Shuttle 2
Shuttle 3

Other:
Narn Captain 1
Narn Captain 2
Narn Captain 3
Narn Pilot 1
Narn Pilot 2
ISA Whitestar 98
ISA Whitestar 70
ISA Whitestar 221
Xerxes Captain
Cmdr. Arina Widow
Merc 1
Merc 2
Merc 3
Alien Commander
Creepy Voice

some voices are more frequent that others... the EA roles and open roles like "Freighter 1" will appear more frequent during the campaign but more to that later...
contact via post in this thread or PM to me

EDIT// samplies avalivble here: http://babcom.henna-boy.co.uk/AotB_VA_sl.txt
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 08:50:15 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Re: TBP: AotB - A call to voice acting
I'll take any capital ship captains, preferably someone who gets 'Fire forward batteries!' type of lines... but I'll also take any as needed. Could we get some sample lines or some such so we can make a better choice?

I want to do either the Alien Commander or the Creepy voice.

I have a home studio set-up and a fairly decent voice acting skill (of course everybody presumes they're good).  I could probably make 3 or 4 distinct character voices if I tried.  Put me in as a "maybe."

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
you can count me as either the ISN Reporter, or some random pilots or one-timers. i dont mind doing that kind of roles..
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

PS  I used to live in Germany, and as such, can do a very convincing German accent.

Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Offline 0rph3u5

okay,
everything registered and noted... I'll wait a sometime to ffind more people
but you all should check your PMs soon!
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline Darkblade

• Lurker
    • The Babylon Project website
Reporting for duty Orpheus. Give me any role you want. ;)
Mauri Darkblade Majanoja

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Count me in. Check out the Morpheus captain in RW to hear some samples of my voice. Assign me to any role you see fit.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline 0rph3u5

all who have recived my PM and got the samplelines-stuff:
change the front color of the whole file to "auto"...
since my desktop is black all I'm writing in MS Word is white

==================

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
:lol:

okay. i'll record it on the first opportunity when i'm home-alone, i have my parents knocking on my head if i listen music a wee bit loud...
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline 0rph3u5

okay that are 6 VA already in and one with "maybe"-flag enabled

But I need MORE!

EDIT// samplelines now avalible for the public!!  :)
http://babcom.henna-boy.co.uk/AotB_VA_sl.txt
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 08:51:22 am by 0rph3u5 »

==================

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Come on guys. Do I really ahve to "big up" this campaign again? :) Orph do you have the RW voice actor contact list?
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline 0rph3u5

I've the credits vid...

==================

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
I'd like a go any any Human, preferably a CO type.

If you think I'd fit any role in particular please let me know. :D

some previous samples:

CO
http://www.badongo.com/file/1220943
http://www.badongo.com/file/1220933

Pilot
http://www.badongo.com/file/1220922
http://www.badongo.com/file/1220917

l8tr! ([email protected])
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline 0rph3u5

VAs listen up:
campaign dev-froum has moved... new url will be avalible soon

==================

Offline 0rph3u5

[thread necro]

okay,
everyone who signed in for the VA and wants to join now should report to me again
- I've sorted several problems with my PC and the move of the dev-forum

==================

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Just got back online myself recently... So what's the status? Lines?
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline 0rph3u5

Just got back online myself recently... So what's the status? Lines?

we were standing still for a while since got pretty bus in RL...
but I guess it will come all back with 07...

sample lines are avalible ... elsewhere
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 07:29:56 pm by 0rph3u5 »

==================