Author Topic: High Poly GTD Orion  (Read 119176 times)

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
That is a beautiful brick.

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Lucy awaits its completion..

Ooh, a new Lucy would always be nice.

That is a beautiful brick.

Agreed. There are many beautiful things and there are many bricks, but so few beautiful bricks.
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Lucy awaits its completion..
Oddgrim expressed will to take care about Lucy. I reserved Ravana.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Oh I meant that the current Lucifer would like to have a new Orion to play with :D

Moloch, the perpetual wallflower: no love.  :)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Also somewhere in my queue if I manage to recover RGA_Norris' mesh.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

First texture done :]

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Chargin mah lazer. That's one nice ship!
Other than the Demon and Moloch, probably the only other Shivan ship that could use an update is the Ravana. The Cain and Liliths still look great, as do the Shivan freighters and fighters.

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Something just occurred to me while looking at this new Orion: just where the heck is the Bridge/CIC?
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Something just occurred to me while looking at this new Orion: just where the heck is the Bridge/CIC?

It always looked like a carrier conversion to me, so probably in the core of the main hull?

Also somewhere in my queue if I manage to recover RGA_Norris' mesh.

You guys have kept up a ridiculous pace already, so it’s almost the last large ship left!  It’s barely used in the campaign, so I guess it’s low priority anyway.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.

Bridge and CIC are two completely different facilites; Bridge is used mostly for navigation, while CIC is the centre of all combat related tasks. As such CIC would be in the most armoured part of the ship, probably deep within the structure. Considering you can't maneuver a ship of this size by sight alone (that's what Watch Stations are for), locating the Bridge might be very difficult.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
By the time this game happens it will be all telemetry from external sensors anyway.   It could be anywhere on an orion, for all we know.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Solatar

Damn, that thing is awesome. :yes:

You can't really go by realistic design principles, since the Fenris and other ships all have clearly visible bridges like Earth ships do. I think it's more likely they just forgot to design one!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
You can't really go by realistic design principles, since the Fenris and other ships all have clearly visible bridges like Earth ships do. I think it's more likely they just forgot to design one!

QFT everything in games should be taken with a spoon of salt.  👍👍
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
By the time this game happens it will be all telemetry from external sensors anyway.   It could be anywhere on an orion, for all we know.

Commercial sea travel and air travel run through the automation of most standard procedures today already. It is the procedures that have no standard conditions (i.e. there are too many variables involved) that don't get automated, such take-off and landing or docking at a port.

Complete navigation by instruments hits a snag when you have account for the possible failure of instruments and/or referrence data - that's why you still supplement satellite navigation at sea with methods using every tool you have at your disposal - that includes eye sight and set squares.

"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Damn that looks good :-)
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
The bridge is actually located behind the two radars on top. Secondary bridge is on the bottom side of the ship, behind the radar cluster. CIC is located deep in the hull and is not represented by any surface detail.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
This thing will happen.

You know I wasn't joking... Right :]?