Author Topic: A WoD dev blog  (Read 421453 times)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
such creature feep
much pretty
wow
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Flak

Remove some of the heavier guns and reuse the model for civilian ship? Or just use as it is, maybe with a little facelift and use it as a pirate/privateer ship.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Hades told me to show off this fighter and who could possibly say no to Hades?
Based on a concept drawing done by Thaeris, 90% of the model done by Hades, touched up with some modifications and textures done by me.

The Dragonfly is a UGC second generation medium fighter, designed as a direct competitor to the Ray II.

Sol force however choose the Ray II over the Dragonfly, due to the former having overal slightly better specs on paper (and a biased for a home produced design).
The Dragonfly is a affordable fighter and is still highly popular with mercenary forces due to its parts being cheap and readily available. It also served with the UGCR for a while but has been phased out with the introduction of the next generation of fighters.

In reaction to the Ray IIJS upgrade project, the Dragonfly EX upgrade kit was developed.

Slightly increasing its structural strength, upgrading its shields with a smaller but more powerful generator, allowing for more secondaries to be loaded. As well as a adding two extra engine gunpods, doubling its firepower and making the craft more maneuverable. This kit can be fitted 'in the field' by any competent engineer.

Despite the SF not adopting the design, the Dragonfly has nonetheless turned out quite profitable for the UGC... as most of their ventures do.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 08:14:08 pm by Spoon »
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Looks like an interceptor. Razor thin profile.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Despite the SF not adopting the design, the Dragonfly has nonetheless turned out quite profitable for the UGC... as most of their ventures do.

Huzzah for the UGCR :)

It's also a really neat looking fighter. Just one question though, is that a canopy at the front?  If so does that reflect a different design philosophy from the UGCR vs the Ray III which doesn't seem to feature an exposed cockpit?
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
My name is Andrew, and as part of the UGCR, I say Praise Profit!

Though, I want to say I'm having trouble seeing the details of the ship due to the lighting settings.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Huzzah for the UGCR :)

It's also a really neat looking fighter. Just one question though, is that a canopy at the front?  If so does that reflect a different design philosophy from the UGCR vs the Ray III which doesn't seem to feature an exposed cockpit?
Indeed, the SF 3rd generation and onward fighters all feature an internal cockpit. While the 3rd generation UGC designed fighters still have an exposed one.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
The exposed cockpit is a beneficial feature when you get hit by saturation emp!
With these, at least you won't have to revert all the way back to some dinky ass UEU Ray 1!
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Indeed! You only have to worry about having a wee little "ion particle burst" impacting your canopy when your shields are down  :)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline CKid

Those wings, will they swing back when you hit the burners? (like a F-14)
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
They do.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline CKid

If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
They do.

You are a god among men.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
NuWOD's fleetpack will certainly be a lot more expansive than the ships of WoD 1, in terms of sheer asset quality, number of ships, and even ship complexity.
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline -Norbert-

Indeed! You only have to worry about having a wee little "ion particle burst" impacting your canopy when your shields are down  :)
Or if you're cockpit is hit by a tachyon weapon that completely ignores shields.

Offline Flak

Any chance the WoD wiki will be updated?

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
WoD is awesome. Me want WoD.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
NuWOD's fleetpack will certainly be a lot more expansive than the ships of WoD 1, in terms of sheer asset quality, number of ships, and even ship complexity.
But will it have custom freighters and missiles? :)

Offline Lorric

I always thought the Champion looked like just another capital ship, while the other flagships looked like flagships. That has been emphatically changed. Love the new design.

That looks badass. Are there plans to repurpose the original Champion or will it be removed completely?

I think this is an excellent idea. It looks like just another ship, so it could be used as one, perhaps some sort of light carrier for example, compared to what I would assume the flagships to be, heavy carriers. Or just as a destroyer vessel.

They do.

That's something I certainly didn't expect.

You know, all this has had an unexpected side effect. When the forum game first started, I expected it to help rekindle my desire to work on my WoD campaign. But as we've gone on and I've seen more and more put into Wod, and now all this, it's actually having the opposite effect. You see...

I may only have one campaign in me, if that, and I want to be able to play with all the new and improved toys, so I'm probably going to shelve it until the WoD Remake arrives. If this was WoD2, that would be different, but it isn't, and I expect the remake will obsolete WoD, thus it will obsolete my campaign as well.

EDIT: Also, another factor in me wanting to use the new WoD is that it's going to be standalone, so the inexorable march of the SCP won't introduce bugs or imbalances into the campaign.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 04:19:17 pm by Lorric »

??? If you want a stable WoD, just use the 3.6.12 MVPs and whatever build of FSO works out for you. Nobody's forcing anyone to stay up-to-date with the latest developments.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.