Poll

If you were allowed to choose your assignment as captain of a Terran or Vasudan capital ship, what would you choose? Alternatively, which is your favorite?

GTVA Colossus
GTD Hecate
GTD Orion
GTCv Deimos
GTC Aeolus
GTC Leviathan
GTC Fenris
GVD Hatshepsut
GVD Typhon
GVCv Sobek
GVC Mentu
GVC Aten
GTI Hades

Author Topic: Favorite GTVA Capital Ship  (Read 27575 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Favorite GTVA Capital Ship
I voted for the Deimos.  :pimp:
It was a hard choice though, since my criteria was beauty, beauty and beauty (as usual).
The Deimos is beautiful and deadly.  I like destroyers and all, but I would take 3 Deimos' in a triangle phalanx over a destoryer any day.  9 Terslashes + overlapping fields of AA fire = death to all who oppose.

Yeah, except anything Shivan.

Hmm, good point.  Fie on the Shivans and their ridiculously overpowered beams!  I guess to counter that I would have an interceptor flight whose sole job is to destroy beam cannons.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Alpha Wing, take out the forward beams on that Ravana!

*ten thousand cries of Blue Planet anguish*

To be fair, BP did actually have one mission where another wing has that mission.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I'll take a Hatshepsut.
I recall someone doing a test proving that 3 BVas >> 2 BGreen + 2 Terslash.

Plus, the Hatshepsut's not as vulnerable to being completely disarmed by a single Pegasus as the Orion is.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
The only ships that I find that can actually stand their ground effectively against said single fighter is the Aeolus, Deimos, Sobek, and Hecate.

And anyone who decides to pick the Fenris or Aten is a looney. :P

Offline Thadeus

The only ships that I find that can actually stand their ground effectively against said single fighter is the Aeolus, Deimos, Sobek, and Hecate.

But the Fenris is soooooooooo cute!
*kills topic*

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Then pick the identical-looking-but-much-tougher Leviathan.

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
My favorite is easily the Orion. I'd much prefer to be captain of the Aeolus, though.

Offline Vrets

Orion. I love its old school hangerbay with the runway, etc.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
hey that's a surprise! some people like the Deimos as well ^^
el hombre vicio...

Offline DeepSpace9er

• Bakha bombers rule
  • Avoid the beam and you wont get hit
Hecate. Call me a heretic, but I was more sad over the Phonecia getting raped by the Sathanas than the Bastion getting blown up to collapse the node. I just never liked the name Bastion. Always like Aquitaine over Bastion and ship model looks better on the Hecate. However the Orion looks more like it would be a carrier and the Hecate design suggests it deals alot of direct firepower.

Second favorite is the Deimos.  Poor Lemnos.

The Colossus needed better beams, and the GTVA should have built two instead of just one.

(Anyone else know why :v: chose to swap the Destroyer and Cruiser designations with classical designations in the navies today? Its backwards, but I cant figure out why and for a group of people who spent that much time reasearching Egyptian, Greek, and mythological and religious names for demons, it seems like a major oversight.)

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Most Sci-Fi stuff does that.
Look at Babylon 5, same deal, Cruisers are these tiny things and Destroyers are massive ship-raping / carrier hybrids.

The Rule of Cool probably falls into play, something that's really good at destroying stuff just HAS to be called a Destroyer, it just sounds cooler that way.

Offline Enigmatic Entity

• Exemplar Essayer
  • Amigo ad infinitum.
So the GTD Fenris got whipped by the GTC Hecate...besides, due to the size difference, it seems silly to call something that's 250m long a destroyer when it is next to a 2000m long cruiser. Cruiser always sounded more like a civilian transport ship with a few weapons to me.
Juvenescence and multifariousness is eternal.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

...what difficulty do you play on?

No love for the typhon? Anyone else but me think that the typhon looked EXTREMELY bad ass with its non square shapes? Personally, thats what made it my favorite ship. NO ONE EXPECTS THE GRAMMAR INQUISITION...

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils

...what difficulty do you play on?
Me? Medium. But I only play it on Fastmod so beam ranges are six kilometers.

Offline wistler

I can imagine the GTA Graduation ceremony.

"Congratulations, you've all qualified as Captains."

"Yeeeeeeeeeah!"

"Now say hello to your new ships, the Fenris cruisers"

"BOOOOOOO!!!"

I wonder how expensive life insurance is for people serving on a Fenris.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I don't think the Fenris and Leviathen are that bad. You may kill them by the dozens on very easy, but they still boast a few beam turrets...
No love for the typhon? Anyone else but me think that the typhon looked EXTREMELY bad ass with its non square shapes? Personally, thats what made it my favorite ship. NO ONE EXPECTS THE GRAMMAR INQUISITION...
The Typhoon is also one my most favorite ships. Something about it just says "Don't **** with me.* :yes:

Personally, I'd love to captain a Deimos. Nothing like a sleek ship with several beam cannons attached. ^_^

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I vote for collosus because of it's firepower and size ( and they will most likely promote me to Admiral if they would want me to command that beast )  :) . For look I would choose an Orion (I will sometime post picture of my HTL Orion reskin collection) ,and for antifighter capabilities Aeolus (it was nearly impossible to get close to it even on easy). And flying a Fenris isn't so bad ,go check what I recently reuploaded.
http://www.freespacemods.net/download.php?view.524
Single mission allows you to fly a Fenris with some intresting ideas ,it's fully FREDed (unlike my solution for capship flying which requires lot of modding) ,and works on Retail. Campaign itself is quite good and should be expanded. I wonder who is the author.