Author Topic: World of Warships - Now Available  (Read 281013 times)

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
Re: World of Warships - Now Available
Hey, Spoon, I hear there's a new tournament vs the Americans?

Make us proud, dude! *fingers crossed*
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
Started giving the Japanese tree another look, as the Pensacola has almost killed desire to advance up the American cruiser tree.

Schors and Chapayev may explode, but those guns are delicious. I managed to pull 4k XP last night in a pretty crazy match with my Budy.
Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Hey, Spoon, I hear there's a new tournament vs the Americans?

Make us proud, dude! *fingers crossed*
Cheers, it's going to be a showmatch against the russians not the yanks though. I may or may not be playing in it, depending if anyone else in my clan would like to try his hand at competitive for a change.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline crizza

Started giving the Japanese tree another look, as the Pensacola has almost killed desire to advance up the American cruiser tree.

Schors and Chapayev may explode, but those guns are delicious. I managed to pull 4k XP last night in a pretty crazy match with my Budy.
Dunno about the AP on soviert cruisers, but as soon as a soviet cruiser fires HE at my ships, they usually burn merily remainder of the match.
This is also the reason I hate soviet ships and while end up priotising them above any other ship :D

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
Oh sheesh, demolished two Scharnhorsts... only to have my kills stolen by a cheeky destroyer team.

*Shakes Fists*

Oh well, I'd say without doubt my two strongest ships so far are the Cleveland and Budyonny. I intend to work on getting myself an Iowa for a chief BB while I'll play around with German/Japanese cruisers. Overall, I may cashier the other cruisers and do a mashup of British/Soviet/American ships. So far, while hard to play, I'm seeing the definite strengths of the British cruisers are dedicated DD killers and super-destroyers. Nothing is pleasing than to stop in a point, butcher the DDs with torps then cap via smoke.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Goodbye Bayern, it was fun. Hello sweet sweet Gnessy.

Some pepsicolaPOP!

And beautiful Kiev being OP as always.

el hombre vicio...

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
I loaded into the match an entire 5 minutes late because of a faulty connection. Still proceeded to kick ass and take names.

Not. Enough.

Seeeeeeethe  :mad:

« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 06:45:34 am by Enioch »
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
Good Riddance to the Pepsicola.

x5 games, wiped out in the first two minutes.

- Citadeled by a long range shot from Takao
 - Citadeled by a Kongo and rammed by a friendly Cleveland on 20 hp
 - Citadeled by a Scharnhorst and Bismarck with another Pepsi.
 - Torpedoed by both a friendly and enemy DD while capturing a flank because our destroyers went stupid.
 - Uber Citadeled by a Bismark, Warspite, N.Carolina. Apparently each ship scored 2 or more.

I seriously hate this f**king thing. The faster I get a New Orleans, the better, even then, going full Soviet.

Good Riddance to the Pepsicola.

x5 games, wiped out in the first two minutes.

The ol' Cola is definitely the trickiest cruiser I've played. I've found that more than any other, you really need to stick with the battleship group for cover, and rain AP from relative safety. Even then, staying super alive is not guaranteed, but it does help.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I seriously hate this f**king thing. The faster I get a New Orleans, the better, even then, going full Soviet.

Everybody knows you never go full Soviet.

Had an abject reminder of how ****ing effective a well driven Hakaryu is.  He singled out my Fredrick at the beginning of the match and pummeled the **** out of it before I got five salvos off, then ran ruck shod over rest of our fleet.  This was exacerbated by the fact that our Midway driver had failed his way up to a Tier X and didn't do **** to stop the enemy CV or damage the enemy ships. 

Still closing in on the Bluetago.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
Secured the Takao/Bluetago with an evil winning streak in the Budyonny.

More like Budzilla. Think I raked in a hearty 10k of XP  today due to 7 bloody and downright insane matches with some flags to boost XP.... but one match I walked away with 2k even after being dived bombed to 15 hp by an angry Lexington I failed to kill. Ruddershift at first seemed like a pricey purchase... but now I'm not regretting the module, as it allows me to angle harder and faster. Looking forward to the Schors and Chapayev... big downsides though as they're still big firebombs, but hey, play hard, burst into flame at the end.

Using a Demolitions Expert build and signals.... you can kinda figure I am a pyro.

Managed a hilarious Pensacola win for the team by ramming the enemy carrier when it was trying to dodge torpedoes from our destroyers. That poor Independence didn't expect to see a burning Pepsi and scream in chat of "BANZAI!" Angled correctly at high speeds, the Pensacola can even become a torp it lacks. Still some 90k of XP to grind for though.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
So I reached my personal goal in the USN carrier line, the Lexington class.

I know that her ingame stats are nothing spectacular, but I have a soft spot for her.
A 270m converted battlecruiser hull with a huge hangar that was not matched until the Forrestal class, turbo-electric propulsion that made her 36'000 tons sail at 34 knots.... and all of this in 1925. She was quite a bit ahead of her time.

Getting her also means saying goodbye to Ranger, a ship that gets a lot of hate on the WOWS forums and reddit, but I don't really know why. I found Ranger to be a very solid performer which gave me a ridiculous win rate.

If only there were some good looking skins for the USN carriers to remove some of the excess rust. Unfortunately Tanz doesn't do USN CVs :(
I only found the "Defender of the fleet" pack on modsworldofwarships.com, but it just makes everything dark blue and adds hull numbers. Anybody has something better?
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Because USN CV loadouts are ****awful.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Bluetago achieved.

Had quite a bit of fun with the Friedrich, Scharners and Hindie doing it. 

Hindie is a hoot, anything gives this ship a flat surface to shoot and it will melt it.  Not to mention her 203 rail guns do are great at wrecking Cans.

Just did 86k damage in an Independence. Annnnd lost the battle.

Offline crizza

I really asking myself "what am I doing wrong?"
I take easy kills and then I fail to pull things off.
Just like that battle:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
On the bright side unlike WoT its a lot easier in WoWs to still pull off good personal results despite having a team of baked potatoes.

Offline crizza

Got the Bluetago... any advice for skipper skills?

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
The Stealth build is considered the strongest for Atago.

Basics of survivability
Expert marksman
Moar consumables
Pyromania
Concealment

The lack of camo on ARPs means it wont be as sneaky as the normal one but it still probably good in this config.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Aoba is a pretty cool gal,  she kills 3 BBs plus change and doesn't afraid of anything.

"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea