Author Topic: Crysis Has Been Shipped  (Read 9429 times)

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Re: Crysis Has Been Shipped
Since our branch of Game is releasing the game on Friday I believe - that sounds about right!

I haven't been there since yesterday though so I'm not 100% sure that we've got the stock in yet.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
The people who preordered it from the EA downloader have been playing it for a few days; it seems it puts the game's installer in a hidden place, but if you find it you can just run it normally. :D

I'll pass for now, as I don't have much time to play games at the moment and I want a new card before playing it anyway.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
My friend allready got it..and I'm going to get it from him tomorrow :D
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Just finished it..

DAMN, was that a good game! And it SCREAMS sequel!!!

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Just finished it..

DAMN, was that a good game! And it SCREAMS sequel!!!

Be honest  ;), is it *that* good? And does it really require a ****** PC to run at all?

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Well, I was playing at 1440xsomething res with high details and it only slowed down 2 times (during in-game cutscenes on the carrier..yeah, it's fully modeled just like the rest of the fleet. Friggin sweet) and I got a GForce 8800 GTX :D

And yes, it's finger lickin good.
Most of the time you're solo and the suit is brilliant. There are mission where you fight alongside lots of marines and whole tank devision - you drive in humvees, tanks, AAA batteries, trucks, even pilot a VTOL in a canyon dogfight. Wicked.

Spoiler:
the aliens are not destroyed. Rather their huge ship they sent to attack the carrier is, but so is the carrier. Another fleet is inbound and it ends there, with you in a VTOL heading back to the island[/quote]

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
The ending was very... unsatisfying. Especially since a sequel is going to imply mostly fighting the aliens when the sections against humans were often the best.

The rest of it though was a good roller-coaster ride.

I do think the best sequence of the game was the storming the harbor and tank warfare level.

Sadly the sequels probably won't focus on the whole "out Haloing Halo" bit. (as in the combined arms warfare with a "superhero" deal)

Spoiler:
How it *should* have ended was with the carrier not having that second boss fight, instead  short finale level where you're flown into the core, you shut it down, and the finale being you welcome the Japanese who are stunned at this dead, now frozen island. Then cut to a Raiders of the Lost Ark style scene of the alien devices in boxes, and some of them not being accounted for... That way the sequels could focus more on building on the massive-warfare idea and the alien-tech being macguffins for villains.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 02:02:57 am by Ace »
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
Although I suppose most of you already know about it, a warning I also posted in the Crysis Demo thread:

nVidia ForceWare 169.xx (at least till .09) seem to be defective in OGL. Specially with FSOpen, (and at least Vista), you can get the following issues:
  • Missing resolutions. Example 1280 x 960 is not available anymore
  • Shaders don't work (GLSL doesn't run fine)
  • Strange colour patterns over ships (because of former one)

More info in SCP troubles thread.
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
The ending was very... unsatisfying. Especially since a sequel is going to imply mostly fighting the aliens when the sections against humans were often the best.

The rest of it though was a good roller-coaster ride.

I do think the best sequence of the game was the storming the harbor and tank warfare level.

Sadly the sequels probably won't focus on the whole "out Haloing Halo" bit. (as in the combined arms warfare with a "superhero" deal)

I'll give it another go and this time I'm going 100% stealth. Sneaking past guards while cloaked is da bomb.

But who knows what tehy have planned for a sequel...maby there will be a lot of massive warfare :)

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam

I'm glad they mentioned that in the demo.  :mad:

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

Spoiler:
Maybe it's just me, but I drew a totally different conclusion based on how the doc perfected the alien-shutdown device thingie. The aliens are now hosed; the next one will be a race for the spoils with the poor aliens getting bumped off almost accidentally in the process. Since you used the Halo analogy, similar to how the Brutes were employed in Halo 3; hapless plot devices.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com

That's not a spoiler, as it's pretty bluntly obvious what you're dealing with at the end of the demo.

Or does anyone still think that it was a North Korean water tentacle?
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline DragonClaw

• Romeo Kilo India Foxtrot
The game was good, but I think it was way too short... I beat it in 7 hours on normal the first time playing through ( I didn't even try the demo ). For a mostly single player value game, I think that's unacceptable.

Now, a multiplayer mode much like that one japanese movie... can't remember the name.. the one where all the kids get put on the island and only 1 person can live after a few days. Do that on a small map with a 30 minute time limit and it would be kickass in a game like this.

Spoiler:
The ending was annoying... I wasn't even expecting it to end there, and the 'boss' reminded me of an 80's arcade game... I thought gameplay evolved since then :P

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam

That's not a spoiler, as it's pretty bluntly obvious what you're dealing with at the end of the demo.

Or does anyone still think that it was a North Korean water tentacle?

I thought it was some twisted invention created by Dagon.  :(

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
The game was good, but I think it was way too short... I beat it in 7 hours on normal the first time playing through ( I didn't even try the demo ). For a mostly single player value game, I think that's unacceptable.

Now, a multiplayer mode much like that one japanese movie... can't remember the name.. the one where all the kids get put on the island and only 1 person can live after a few days. Do that on a small map with a 30 minute time limit and it would be kickass in a game like this.

Spoiler:
The ending was annoying... I wasn't even expecting it to end there, and the 'boss' reminded me of an 80's arcade game... I thought gameplay evolved since then :P

Battle Royale
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I found it long enough, but then again I took my sweet time and di all the secondary missions and used lots of sneaking. Yeah, could have been longer. But this is the type of game that will leave you craving for more..

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i picked up my copy, but i probibly wont get a chance to play it till tomorrow
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
At the risk of heresy, Halo 3 was a better game. Crysis is shiney, but it's ultimately cheese too. And I haven't even finished it yet; it just manages to annoy the hell out of me in several places and several ways.

They even went into the total idiot's bag of tricks and tossed in invincible enemies in the part I'm stuck on, to force you to sneak past. You can't convince me that these stupid aliens are living through multiple shotgun blasts to the face at 2 feet when I killed one earlier with a single blast to the torso at 9 feet earlier. Bastard Crytek people.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
You can't convince me that these stupid aliens are living through multiple shotgun blasts to the face at 2 feet when I killed one earlier with a single blast to the torso at 9 feet earlier.

They were probably alien children.  :doubt: