Author Topic: need help - URGENT!!!  (Read 2582 times)

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
okay, my next campaign will be fully voice acted (YES !!!!  :) :) :) ) but I encountered a problem.

while all voice files are played correctly during the missions, the command briefings are not. The debug build even crashes (no message, just CTD)  :mad: .

The files are in data/voice/command_briefings and they are .wav . I am out of ideas...
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
The last time I had this problem it was to do with the naming of the command_briefing(s) directory. I put the "s" in brackets because I'm not sure if it's plural or not. That was the problem. Check the Raider Wars VP for directory naming and examples of the correct sound sample format.

Don't read too much into the debug build crashing to desktop. It does that more often than it should, in general.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
It shouldn't ever do that. If you figure out the cause, mantis it.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Tinman

• Released: WCS mini campaign
the directory names are

voice
         briefing
         command_briefings
         debriefing
         special

so the dir name is ok

and please use the ogg-vorbis format see http://www.rarewares.org/ogg.php

maybe .ogg will work

Offline Vidmaster

how to get the .wav in .ogg files ?

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Yathin

• Order vs. Chaos. Choose one!
"The main motive for going beyond the rim...there's a heck of a big Taco Bell out there...." - JMS

"In the BETA, mounting the reverse side of the ladder pretty much resulted in you getting a knife in the ass or worse." - Dylan Jobe

WIP : First Strike

Offline Vidmaster

downloaded the first thing and it worked. It's a pity that the thing is shareware, I can only use it 10 times.
However, this will be sufficient for the campaign.

Offline Yathin

• Order vs. Chaos. Choose one!
downloaded the first thing and it worked. It's a pity that the thing is shareware, I can only use it 10 times.
However, this will be sufficient for the campaign.

I've looked into my version of GoldWave, I know its shareware, but according to one of my friends, the trial never actually runs out... it also lets you save and edit it for the format you like  ;)
"The main motive for going beyond the rim...there's a heck of a big Taco Bell out there...." - JMS

"In the BETA, mounting the reverse side of the ladder pretty much resulted in you getting a knife in the ass or worse." - Dylan Jobe

WIP : First Strike

Offline Vidmaster

Goldwave was used to record all files.

Tinman's proposal is free and works fine. Thanks guys!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 09:45:18 am by Vidmaster »

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Get MediaCoder, it's opensource.